“Pros and Cons” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Solaris Los Cabos

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Royal Solaris Los Cabos
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Edmonton
“Pros and Cons”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

We just came back after my wife's non birthday (what happened in Cabo never happened) I have to say that the staff made it the most memorable occasion ever for her. The staff are absolutely fantastic particularly Ana and Mario. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty . I have read some of the other negative comments about this resort and have to agree and disagree with some of the comments .

First off reference the member privileges yes we have some but I would expect that considering the finical investments members make. The hotel staff are absolutely fantastic especially considering what they get paid. My only complaint would be the sales staff. If I hear one more time that there is only so many units left to upgrade too I think some one will be sorry. This is the only negative thing I have to say about the whole trip. We took 10 family and friends with us and we all agreed the trip was exceptional.

Again Ana and Mario went above and beyond to make my wife's birthday memorable. So a huge thank you to them.

Now my wife want's to put a few comments of her own on.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank John B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,284)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I just returned from Royal Solaris in San Jose del Cabo. Last year, we started planning my 40th birthday. My husband and I are members at Royal Solaris and I wanted to have my birthday there. Along with us came my parents, uncle and aunt, two friends and their husbands; in total there were 10 of us and we all arrived on different days.

From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. My uncle and aunt have never been on a vacation such as this and Royal Solaris went out of their way to make them comfortable and fulfill every request. My parents had been once previous and were welcomed back by name. My husband and I felt as though we were returning to visit friends.

The entire staff made my day spectacular. The service, the kindness, the thoughtfulness; everything that made my day better than any of my expectations. I just wanted to have fun but they made me feel so special and privileged to have such a wonderful life.

Ana was our concierge. Between her, my husband, and one of my friends, there wasn't anything any one of them didn't think of. She arranged flowers, champagne, dinners, group trips, balloons, a giant stuffed bear, and many other wonderful touches.

Mario, who was our first concierge five years ago when we first became members, is now a supervisor and sought me out specially for birthday wishes and to serenade me with a Mexican birthday song.

Matias, our server in the owners cafe, brought me my first birthday cake of the day at breakfast.

Alejandro, our server during the day by the relaxation pool, ensured we always had enough water, cervezas, Dirty Monkeys, pina coladas, and laughs.

Ventura, our server at the special event in that evening, gave me my second birthday cake before supper started, made sure our whole table was completely satisfied the entire evening, and served my third birthday cake arranged by my mom and Ana. Then he gathered the other servers to sing Happy Birthday to me again, in both English and Spanish.

Then there were the couples beach massages! We were there 9 days and had 4 massages! The massage area is away from the pool area so all you hear is the ocean. They are absolutely wonderful and definitely worth your time.

I heard grumblings while at the resort and on this site about catering to members. Of course they do! Have you heard of "membership has it's privileges"? Why would anyone buy into a place if not for the perks? Why would a resort offer member services outside of membership in packages that are so inexpensive? The service is just as wonderful whether you're a member or not, but the perks are what we've paid for. If you want five star accomodations, you need to pay five star prices.

My husband and I have two other time shares in Kauai, Hawaii and we still travel to Los Cabos every year in February/March. We love the area, the people, the resort...everything Royal Solaris has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask to upgrade to an ocean front room. All rooms are ocean view but it is more quiet with ocean fron...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank joey1972
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Pros:
Weather, Pool Service, Proximity to town, Layout of hotel

Cons:
Food(worst I have ever had at a hotel), Room Cleaning service(didn't clean the first 3 days and left our door open one day while we were at the pool), Staff help(didn't have a map for us in order to figure out how to walk downtown), have to pay for lock for safe in room(even though a small amount, just a pain),

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KevinMY
Solaris H, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear Hotel Guess:

We apologies for the inconveniences you had during your stay with us.

We thanks your comments that help us to improve, now we work making changes adding more variety of dishes from the menus according to the observations of our guests.

In regard the attitude from our staff, we have made some staff changes in all areas to avoid complaints of this type.
Plus it we are offering courses of attitude to our staff in order to improve this point.

I sincerely hope that you give us an opportunity to change your mind in the future. We would love to have you back and have the chance to experience the quality and service that we are so proud to offer.
BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

My Daughter was getting married and chose the Royal Solaris in Los Cabos. Perfect choice. Ana, the Wedding Coordinator, was very helpful and made for a perfect stress free wedding. From the time we got there til the day we left. The grounds are super clean. Staff was very friendly. Photographers were amazing. We travelled with a baby and they were very accommodating. Only downfall we had was supper, hard to find a seat and the food wasn't the best. Other then that it was a perfect holiday. We will be returning.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

This was our second visit to this resort and we liked it even better this time around. All the staff was very friendly and accomodating. Irma is a fantastic hostess and always went above and beyond what she needed to do. The place was super clean....always. The food was presented nicely and always replenished in a timely manner. The excursions offered through the hotel were fun, safe and always came with adequate directions and maps so you were sure not to get lost. Our 6 year old love the pool, beach, mini water park (although more for the 4 and under crowd) and the ceramic painting pool side so mom and dad could relax, have a few cervesas and still keep and eye on him. Ramon was our favorite bartender. The resort always kept the beach vendors within a certain distance of the guests, so you could still sit beach side and not get attacked. The spa was wonderful too.....they have massages inside and beachside, which we took advantage of and the pedicures were great and were about the same price as I pay in the states.

The only downside was the comfort of the beds. Very hard!

Room Tip: We had a ocean view room both times (not ocean front) and it was very quiet for sleeping. Rooms ha...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cris V
Greenfield, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

The hotel was just average. Food could have been a whole lot better/ Had pretty much the very same thing on the buffet every night. Ala carte restuarants were pretty good. They catered to their "members" and flaunted it under the other paying customers' noses. Their "quiet pool area" was nice, but again had to stake out lounge chairs that were towel covered, but not occupied for hours. The staff was attentive and fun to talk with. There were a lot of families with small children, but i will say they were all well behaved and seem to enjoy the activities. The entertainment was okay, more geared to kids. The beach and local area was beautiful and we were glad to enjoy the weather.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunseeker59934
Dear Hotel Guess:

We will always try to do our best for that reason we care about your important comment that helps us to improve our services.
We work making changes of dishes from the menus according to the observations of our guests
Once again, thank you very much for your comments, and hope to see you back soon.

HOTELES SOLARIS DE MEXICO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We had a great time, decent buffet and restaurant food, nice pool, great entertainment, beautiful beach, friendly staff, perfect for families or anyone really. Not too fancy but quite nice.

• Stayed February 2012
#36 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
4.0 of 5 bubbles 7,481 reviews
0.7 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#17 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
#13 of 40 in San Jose del Cabo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,514 reviews

Been to Royal Solaris Los Cabos? Share your experiences!