Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$299
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$166
  • Breakfast included
Posada Real Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$111
Bookit.com
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$182
  • Breakfast included
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$422
Bookit.com
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$220
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Cabo Azul Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$177
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$507
US$426
Paradisus by Melia Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$517
6,442 results
All reviewsmarco polomoto motosnack barentertainment stafflos cabossan josekids clubkids areaall inclusive resortmake reservationsfamily resortocean viewgreat family vacationtimeshare presentationlunch buffeta la carte restaurantsadult pool
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was sooooo excited to stay here based on the good reviews. I saw a few bad ones and thought, oh god people just look for things to complain about.....
I just got home & decided I needed to write a review which I never do.
Starting at check in, so my flight got in early and I arrived hours before Check in time. I got to the front desk and I filled out the necessary paperwork. They told me to come back around Check in time to get my keys to the room because it was being cleaned.
I came back around 2:30 and there was a huge line of people almost out the door. The line went so slowly I was standing on it for over an hour. When I finally got the room key, we went to drop off our bags and realized there was a really bad smell coming out of the bathroom. We decided to just live with it for the night because we were so tired and just wanted to start our vacation. The smell got worse the next day so my mom spoke to someone at the front desk and they said they would move our room the next day & to bring all of our things with us to the front desk to get a new room at 9am. So we did and when we got there we were told that no rooms were available and we would have to wait until Check in time. So we did. We got our new room and noticed the same smell only not as bad so we just decided to spend as much time out of the room as possible.

Next is the pool:
So we noticed pretty quickly that the pool gets very full very early. People usually come and put their towels on chairs to secure a spot. So we did that. I set an alarm and put our towels on the chairs at 7am and went to have breakfast. We came back from breakfast only to find people sitting in our chairs. When we said excuse me is when things got nasty. They were grown adults telling kids to splash us and wet our stuff and they were kicking water on my 3 year old. HOW NASTY!
Then the pool is actually disgusting. There’s visible film on the top from everything that goes in it. Sunscreen, drinks, food etc
I didn’t go one day of my 9 days there not finding cups at the bottom or the water not feeling almost slimey. & it’s sooooo hot and humid you have no choice but to use the pool because the ocean is so rough.
I saw kids peeing in the pool & parents allowing it. Everyone seems to eat along the edges of the pool and there’s constantly floating bread or rice or some kind of food. The water is not cool at all either. It’s hot. Almost as if the pool is heated even in the 90 degree weather.

The food:
So when I read the reviews I knew going into it the food probably wouldn’t be spectacular but getting there and realizing how bad it actually is was another story. Breakfast seemed to be the only time it was bearable. There was always cereal and fruit and eggs. But then there was also just random things served like chicken soup or roasted zucchini or bbq ribs. Which was strange but I guess fine.
Lunch and dinner just pretty much sucks if you don’t want burgers hot dogs or pizza.
It was so random, there were green mashed potatoes!!’
Half the time they serve “beef in gravy” and the meat is so tough it’s barely edible. There’s usually some type of rice, random veggies and meat but you have to be careful with the meat. Sometimes it’s too tough and sometimes you find raw chicken. I didn’t really find a happy medium. The restaurants are ok but nothing to write home about.

Location:
If you think you’re staying in “Cabo San Lucas” you’re farrrr from it and a taxi is about $40-50 each way.
The resort also has people to help you book excursions which is nice but so know they charge you more than the actual companies prices and just know to do your research before you let them book you for anything. I let them talk me into a swimming with the dolphins excursion. & i saw the companies website after I had already paid and
Saw I was charged 200$ per person when the package online was 134$ per person for the exact same thing and then when I got to the place they charged me $230 for the pictures they took while
We were swimming with the dolphins.

The staff:
Most of the staff do not speak English and will not even try to help you unless you speak Spanish! I was lucky that my mom is fluent because everyone helped her right away when they heard her speak but any time my sister and I spoke to anyone we were ignored or just treated like crap.
I will say, the one staff member that was honestly the best and deserves a big raise or to get a better job out of this resort is Eduardo! He was the one and only staff member who was very attentive and he works so hard. He’s the exception to all the negativity we felt.

Overall we tried to have a good family trip but there was just so many things that happened every day that put a damper on things. I’m probably forgetting a bunch because i flew home today and I’m so tired but for the most part I think i summed it up.
I wouldn’t recommend this resort at all and I hope my review will help other people decide whether or not to book their stay because I saw such great reviews and I can’t believe how crappy my stay was. It almost feels like the resort must pay for good reviews because I just don’t understand how it could be so different.

4  Thank Kristin C
SolarisHotels, Social Media Manager at Royal Solaris Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We would first like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Royal Solaris Los Cabos. We always appreciate guest observations and feedback and continuously take comments into consideration as we strive to improve our guest experience, any feedback we receive helps to make us better. Secondly, we would like to apologize for the numerous issues you experienced during your stay. This review has been brought to the attention of all contributing departments, and we assure you we will give it the proper follow up.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was the first time visiting this hotel and for the most part it was pleasant. I want to give a very special shout out to Omar and Janneth! They went above and beyond their duties to make our trip comfortable and pleasant.

Omar took care of us as he packaged our tuna that we caught and even got a cooler to put them in. He is one special guy full of integrity.

Janneth also made us feel at home and went above and beyond to answer our questions and guide us to making the best decisions for our trip.

If your travel plans include the Royal Solaris, seek out Janneth and Omar in the travel agency department. They have your best interests in mind and really care!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your considerate review of your stay with us. We are happy to hear our staff left you with a good impression and that made your stay effortless and relaxing. We'll share your comment with them. We hope to have you with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family vacation was good b/c I was determined to make the best of it!!! But the reality is that from the beginning check-In was a mess, they really don’t explain having a schedule of activities, I was moved from one room to another & they both smelled bad. The pool was clean on some days & completely NASTY on others, there was a visible slimes film on the top of the water, dirty cups at the bottom of the pool, balls of hair floating by you as you were swimming, and many, many issues with other guests trying to steal your seat if you got up to eat, use the bathroom or even try to teach your child how to swim. Many children not being supervised by parents. Most staff DO NOT speak English, the food was a mixed mashed mess offering eggs & BBQ Ribs all at the same time, not sure why. My best meal was Mexican Night.. Each time I purchased something in dollars I was told they had no change & that they could only give me back Pesos which was never the correct amount of pesos. All the pool floats sold in the store were also broken. They would not stay inflated for more than a few minutes at a time and they would not refund me. I learned my lesson after buying at least $50 worth thinking it was my fault. Oh & let me not forget that they are ONLY interested in SELLING you into the Membership Program!

Room Tip: Don’t Stay
1  Thank deegirl17
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was our first time at Royal Solaris. My husband, my two boys and myself enjoyed our stay with just a few setbacks. When we arrived we got a room that smelled a lot like paint. After talking to Gustavo over the phone I had to go to the front desk because he didn’t call back when he said he would about changing rooms. We did finally get a room that smelled way better!
The staff at the restaurants were great! Josue was so welcoming and a pleasure to talk to. He was very attentive and very friendly from the moment he saw us. He had great and outstanding service! Lucy at the omelet bar was so sweet and very friendly!
Resort gets a 4 and most of the staff gets a 5, food was more like a 3. Most of the items were tasteless (and I’m not a picky eater)!
Rodrigo and his entertainment staff were great too! Enjoyed their humor and entertainment!
Overall, we enjoyed our stay for the price we paid. Will I return not sure just because of the food. Hopefully that improves by the time we go back to cabo!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

It was great to have had you here and we thank you for your feedback, it helps to make us better. We are happy you were able to enjoy your overall stay with us, and appreciate your kind comments regarding the level of service you received while here. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back so we may win you over completely. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I don't even know how to begin. I have never in my life have done a review on anything, but this place really got the best of me. I will never never return or recommend this resort to any one, first the check in process was a mess. They gave me one bed, when I clearly requested two . Then, little did I know our air conditioning unit was dripping water all over the floor, so we had no choice but to be moved to a different room and no one helped us. The worst was when I encounter myself with the rudest hostess Maria and her co -worker Victor . Both were so so rude. I have never been treated like they treated me. When complained to Ernesto their so call supervisor it was the same. He did not care about my concerns. He just simply brushed it off.
The anxiety and stress they put me through was horrible. I just was shocked and amazed. I do want to make sure and put it out there , their was one person who was very professional, kind and humble. His name is Randall . He was very pleasant . It was good to see there are still good people out there . Bottom line is Royal Solaris Los Cabos was a horrible experience. They just killed my vacation.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank agallegos2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have provided us to be of assistance. We do greatly appreciate your comments and will share them with management as we are always actively listening to comments about our guest’s experiences. We're strongly committed to ensure all of our guests feel cared for, valued and respected. I am very sorry that you were unhappy with your stay. Also, thank you for the compliments on Randall. We'll let him know!