I had a five day visit to this "newly reopened" hotel near San Jose Del Cabo in mid-December. I chose this property since it's part of the Leading Hotels of the World group. I found it was worthy of that excellent organization. 4-5 various restaurants provided a variety of fine dining (Italian, Japanese, Mexican, of course, French and the occasional BBQ offering). The place is child-free which keeps things a bit quieter.
Pluses: the staff, each and every one, was polite, professional, competent and eager to give you a five-star experience. The sophisticated GM, Mr Del Blanco, was both very experienced and very cordial. Other staff stars: Karen and Gabriella, at the concierge desk, Adrianna and Gustavo in the Mexican Resto, and Cesare at the bar.
Happy surprise: the high-quality hard liquor and tequila's are free (though fine dinner wine is for purchase).
Had two great outings, one to go Deep Sea fishing (where we caught a beautiful 8 foot, 165 pound Marlin which took an hour to land. BTW: the fish was eaten); the other to go crazy fast (80 kph) in a desert dune buggy up and down crazy steep canyons and on beaches.
The rooms are very comfortable and modern, all with balcony sea views.
Minus: the beach is beautiful to look at, but the waters are too rough to swim in. Bummer. Hotel pools, however, were great.
In short: one gets a lot for one's dollar in luxurious surroundings with a fine staff. Congratulations to GM Del Blanco for his great team!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa offering all of the privileges of adults-only, Unlimited-Luxury(R) for the first time on the scenic Baja Peninsula. At Marquis Los Cabos, guests can enjoy handsomely appointed suites with world-class amenities, 24 hour romantic in-suite dining, exciting daytime beach, land and pool activities, nightly entertainment, gourmet a la carte dining without reservations, complimentary international and domestic brand beverages and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Marquis Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Marquis Los Cabos Hotel
- Marquis Los Cabos Resort
- Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa San Jose Del Cabo