“Excellent "sunny, beach getaway" a short distance from California and USA”

Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 17 December 2017

I had a five day visit to this "newly reopened" hotel near San Jose Del Cabo in mid-December. I chose this property since it's part of the Leading Hotels of the World group. I found it was worthy of that excellent organization. 4-5 various restaurants provided a variety of fine dining (Italian, Japanese, Mexican, of course, French and the occasional BBQ offering). The place is child-free which keeps things a bit quieter.

Pluses: the staff, each and every one, was polite, professional, competent and eager to give you a five-star experience. The sophisticated GM, Mr Del Blanco, was both very experienced and very cordial. Other staff stars: Karen and Gabriella, at the concierge desk, Adrianna and Gustavo in the Mexican Resto, and Cesare at the bar.

Happy surprise: the high-quality hard liquor and tequila's are free (though fine dinner wine is for purchase).

Had two great outings, one to go Deep Sea fishing (where we caught a beautiful 8 foot, 165 pound Marlin which took an hour to land. BTW: the fish was eaten); the other to go crazy fast (80 kph) in a desert dune buggy up and down crazy steep canyons and on beaches.

The rooms are very comfortable and modern, all with balcony sea views.

Minus: the beach is beautiful to look at, but the waters are too rough to swim in. Bummer. Hotel pools, however, were great.

In short: one gets a lot for one's dollar in luxurious surroundings with a fine staff. Congratulations to GM Del Blanco for his great team!!

Room Tip: Try to get a fifth floor, top floor room for best view. All the rooms seem to face the sea, however...
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bobinsanfrancisco
AlanDelBlanco, Director General at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the staff of Marquis Los Cabos All Inlcusive Resort & Spa and Myself We thank you for your stay with us.

As members of the leading Hotels of the World the most important thing for us is to meet the expectations of all our guests is our mission to create an environment defined by our exemplary hospitality where you enjoy life, Work and business.
Every day we strive to improve and we will continue to make our guests happy and to be able to provide a wonderful experience.

Thanks for your valuable time to tell us your experience with us and we hope to have the opportunity to return to serve you in the near future.

Alan Del Blanco.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,084)

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Hi all, my Wife and I just returned from another wonderful stay at the Marquis ( Nov 27-Dec 11/17) We choose the Marquis again for several reasons. My Wife is 4 month post hip replacement. We wanted a smaller resort, easy to navigate and no slip common areas, especially around and in the pools. Also the food is great and their customer service throughout the facility is bar none!

Liliana at reception and her team put us in a room on the 4th floor on the Hilton side just in case there was any construction noise. Also we were granted late check out at no charge.

Housekeeping was spot on! Elena had our schedule down pat! Also a shout out to Rocio for turn down service. God Bless. Bella we crossed paths several times per day when you were cleaning the common areas, keep up the great work!

Food was off the charts! We never had a bad meal! Breakfast at Vista Ballenas was a great way to start your day. I choose the buffet as my Wife ordered off the menu. Eggs Ranchero was her fav. Seriously the team of Gustavo, Adriana, Alexandria, Juvencio, Tania, Gregorio work so hard! Sorry if I missed any team members.

Highlights was Expresso and cookies at the Coffee shop. Ceviche (Baja style) at Dos Mars. Sushi and tempura vegetables/shrimp at the Sakke. Mexican pizza at the Pergola. Flank steak at the Vista Ballenas. We also attended Mexican nights and the Beach parties. Wonderful spreads put on, so much variety!

Another shout out to the Activity team. There are there to encourage participation without being over bearing. Fernando your team of Karina, Christian, Mario and DJ Jhony ROCK! Thanks for the good conversations and laughs!

Security was ever present ensuring safety of all. Maximillion your staff is doing a great job! Especially keeping prairie people out of the water.

CONSTRUCTION, lots of questions arising about the work being done next door. The noise did NOT affect us in any way, shape or form. Most noise was from an huge auger they were using. Also their work schedule in terms of days and hours varied. With pool music, conversation, alcohol, etc it was not bad at all. With that being said.... construction next door is a multi phase project and will be ongoing for some time. Conditions could change. This will however not deter from returning in March/18.

Once again, I would like to thank ALL staff for making our vacation so special!

PS, If anyone on TA has a question, please do not hesitate to contact myself. I will give you an honest answer/opinion. I have no vested interest or affiliation with the Marquis. My Wife and I just love it!

Room Tip: All rooms have views. My preferance would be higher the better! Had a room on the Hilton side just i...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jimbo J
AlanDelBlanco, Director General at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

At Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa We thank you so much to you and your lovely Wife for your stay with us.

It is an honor for us to remain of your favorites and allow us to be the chosen ones to spend these days of relaxation and recovery of your wife Who we hope will find much better, It is always an honor to be who shares the fabulous reviews written by our guests to our wonderful staff Who I am sure all of them will be very happy and encouraged by your recognition.
As members of the leading Hotels of the World to meet all expectations and their needs are or more important to us.

Thank you for your valuable time in telling us your wonderful experience and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future..

Reviewed 16 December 2017

This is our second trip to the Marquis Los Cabo and as before the resort and staff lived up to our expectations! Our room was immaculate upon entry and remained so throughout our stay; fresh coffee and rolls in the morning were a pleasant greeting on awakening. The view is absolutely beautiful...what a way to greet the day!

We're not usually breakfast people but the Vista Ballena restaurant with Adriana as our host (every day!!) and Florinda as our waitress became a "must do!" Adriana greeted us every morning personally by name and made sure that whatever we wanted from seating to beverages, and food were taken care of. We looked forward to Florinda's smile (as well as Adriana's) every morning...and our day was more joyful because of their heartfelt attentiveness!

I must mention the infinity pools...you have a choice of the sunrise pool or the sunset pool...we spent each day at the sunset pool with the view of the Hilton in the distance and the beach an the Sea of Cortez in between. We had our lunch each day by the pool, love the ceviche, flank steak, fish tacos all were wonderful and the service provided by Gabriel and his twin brother Berto was impeccable!! Try the mango margaritas!

One day while at the pool we were given a short, complimentary 5 minute massage which was great...my wife decided to get a full massage the next day. My wife described 80 minute massage given by the massage therapist Azulena as the best my wife has ever experienced...she would highly recommend the treatment at the Spa at the Marquis.

Sakke Restaurant was a special treat as well and the performance by the chef at the table was fun to watch and the food was exceptional...

All in all we had a great time at the Marquis, the hotel was clean and well maintained, the staff, as always, is exceptional and attentive, the food is great, the view is fantastic, the nightly entertainment was fun, transportation to and from the airport was easy and arranged by the staff to accommodate our arrival and departures...perfect vacation!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a view of the Sea of Cortez, I prefer the view from the sunset side of the resort
2  Thank Peter P
AlanDelBlanco, Director General at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dea Guest,

At Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa we tanhk yopu for your stay with us.

We feel very fortunate to receive comments so splendid as yours, fills us with pride to know that as a member of The Leading Hotels of the world we have succeeded in fulfilling our purpose to fulfill All the expectations of our guests being also able to create unique and memorable experiences for you and stay within your favorites.
As will always be an honor for me to be who take your wonderful comments with the entire team of Marquis Los Cabos who I am sure will be happy and very encouraged by your words.

Thank you for your valuable time in telling us your experience and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

My husband and I chose this all-inclusive adults only hotel to celebrate our 15yr wedding anniversary and what was our first honeymoon (finally). We are so delighted with our choice. There is so much to tell so we will break it down into sections. I will say my absolute favorite was waking up early to watch the sunrise from our balcony while I enjoyed my concha with coffee left in our “magical” doorway. Then slipping out barefoot for a walk along the beach to watch the jumping manta rays up close. Next going back to the room to get ready to head to the breakfast buffet, and finally spending the rest of the day poolside relaxing in the sun and enjoying being pampered by the pool staff!

The location
This hotel is ideally situated away from other hotels or swimming areas. It really felt like we were secluded from any hustle or bustle which we loved. It felt like we had arrived in paradise. There was rarely more than a few people strolling on the white sandy beach. We were originally sad the beach was not swimmable (due to riptides) but found there was a beach just a 5-10min walk away that you could swim in. The activities personnel will even lead beach walks and ocean swims throughout the week. I loved sitting out on our balcony watching for gray whales (which we did get to see jumping in the distance...amazing), and the jumping manta rays along the shore! We were a short ride from the airport just about 20-30min and we had prepaid transportation with our trip.

The Room
We stayed in an Oceanfront Jr Suite room on the 4th floor. We were originally hoping for an upgrade to a plunge pool room, however, after the week in our room I am wondering if we got the better deal. I loved being so high up as it allowed for a magnificent view of the ocean. It was ideally situated for watching the morning sunrise. I was pleasantly surprised to have stayed just at the start of the whale season as we were able to see them right from our room and many times while relaxing at the pool. The room was stocked with snacks, water, and Corona’s. The room was so clean as was the entire hotel. When I say clean I mean going to the poolside bathroom with my bare feet and feeling like I was in my own house clean. I loved heading back into the room after they had cleaned in the morning, it smelled so fresh and everything was left as if we had first arrived.

The Service
Oh My Goodness…the service was by far the best we have ever experienced. We have stayed in some very nice places and have never experienced such amazing attention to detail. Adriana and Jose were such a delight to see every morning. Jose remembered our favorite morning drinks and provided the best, most attentive, and friendly service while we enjoyed our breakfast. Omar was such a pleasure to meet and talk with during our evening meals. He made every night feel special and really took the time to get to know us. Gabriella was so wonderful in helping us choose activities to do outside of the resort. She patiently answered all of our questions about all of the activities and costs. We ended up choosing the luxury day sail by Cabo Adventures which we highly recommend. DJ Johnny, Karina, Mario, and Christian, are just a few of the people with the activities staff that made our stay fun and personal. They go above and beyond to ensure you are enjoying yourself. We enjoyed cooking lessons, casino nights, and don’t miss the art walk which is totally worth the $20 per person. We enjoyed a massage at the spa which was wonderful. They even had a special room set up right after for a romantic candlelit bath they surprised us with for our honeymoon. What a perfect ending to the night. Thank you, Fatima, Kareli, and Vero. We were lucky to meet the hotel manager and head chef in the elevator who made it a point to introduce themselves and sent us up a special treat for our anniversary as well. Thank you, Alan Del Blanco and Thierry Dufour. There are so many other names to mention and thank Suzy, Joseph, Arely, Veronica, Leslie, Tania, Julio, Leobardo, Gustavo, Ramiro, and Cesar you have all stood out above and beyond.

The Food
So so so yummy! The food was all so delicious. We especially loved the Cerviche poolside, the breakfast buffet in the morning, and the room service always exceeded expectations (Thank you, Ramiro). I am not usually a fan of Mexican food but after this visit, I now know how it is supposed to taste. We ate a little something new every day and loved it all.

3  Thank Susan D

Dear Susan,

On behalf of the whole team of Marquis Los Cabos and mine thank you and to your beloved husband for your stay with us.

It is an honor for us to receive such wonderful comments like yours, Thank you for allowing us to be part of such a special celebration.
As members of the leading Hotels of the world the most important thing for us is to meet the expectations of all our guests as well as to be able to create extraordinary and unforgettable experiences.
With great joy I will share your wonderful comment with all the team who I am sure would make them as happy as me and encourage them to continue with their magnificent work.

Once again, thank you for your valuable time telling us your experience and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future, Happy Holidays from everyone in Marquis Los Cabos all Inclusive Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

This was the most amazing resort. Every detail was simply above and beyond. From the tastefully decorated rooms, building and landscape to the phenomenal staff. So attentive and professional. I was spoiled.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dorothy R

Dear Dorothy,

At Marquis Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort & Spa we thank you for your stay with us.

Thank you for considering "The most amazing resort" It is a great honor for all of us, As members of the leading Hotels of the world the most important thing for us is to meet the expectations of all our guests.
We feel very proud of our wonderful staff who continually strive to give great service to our valued guests.

Thank you for your kind words and valuable time to tell us your experience with we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

I had concerns about what would happen to the Marquis as time went on since my trip in 2015. Would they turn into a typical all inclusive? Or would they bill themselves as luxury?

Having been here for nearly seven nights, I am happy to report that while some things did decidedly get a bit cheaper (the morning pastry basket, flour tortilla chips), the rest has remained quite top notch. Food, though it can become repetitive after all meals on the resort, is still very much delicious. We especially enjoyed Sakke and their wonderful hibachi/teppanyaki, and I was really happy with the ceviche and burgers. Room service is still terrific and prompt! Staff will get to know you. I appreciated that they knew my boyfriend was working in the room during the day and arranged cleaning around when it would be most convenient for him - without us even asking.

There is not much I can add to my prior review, because everything I mentioned there remains the same. The pool, location, restaurants, and service is very fantastic. I must especially thank them for finding a pair of $300 sunglasses, and returning them to me the day after I realized I had left them in a public area. The honesty here is amazing, guests included. In Chicago, those sunglasses would have never been found.

The real star here is surprisingly the spa. I had a demo massage by the pool, and we booked a couple's massage the next day. Both of our massage therapists were very skilled and did deep tissue work and it was well worth the money.

Tipping is not expected but appreciated. Please note that our housekeeper never took the cash I left out for her (or him), so we will need to be available to physically give to them at some point. Absolutely wonderful place.

Note that there is construction next door, but that is certainly not the resort's fault. We were not bothered by the beeping but we also live in downtown Chicago so are accustomed to noise. I found it to be not existent at the pool level.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are higher, and therefore have better views of the sea
2  Thank islandhunterraar

Dear Guest,

As members of the leading Hotels of the World the most important thing for us is the well-being of our guests as well as meeting all their expectations.
It is an honor for us to remain within your preference and not to be disappointed you We hope to remain your favorite, We appreciate your comments because they help us improve and so we can give a better service to all our guests.

Alan del Blanco.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

This has been my 4th time to the Los Cabos area (both Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo). This has been my best experience so far. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and the food was amazing. But what made the experience so great was the service from amazing people like Adriana, Florinda and Detzanit at the Vista Ballenas breakfast restaurant each morning. They were so nice and even helped me with my Spanish. And by the pool, Azucena was my favorite. She was so happy everyday and her smile was infectious. The Japanese restaurant far exceeded our expectations too.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to have a great view, regardless of floor.
2  Thank unclergeil
AlanDelBlanco, Director General at Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear Guest,

It's always a great joy for us to read positive comments of our guests where they tell us of their wonderful stay with us.
As members of the leading Hotels of the World the most important thing for us is to meet all your expectations, It will be an honor for me to share your comment with the guys of the staff who kindly mentioned they will be very happy.