All reviews rooftop pool beach club recording studio art installations sculpture garden free bikes flora farms terrace room sushi hot tub quiet location puerto los cabos san jose ceviche main restaurant minute drive our waiter
Reviewed July 18, 2018

We were there on a day-pass and was even better than we expected! The view from the rooftop pool is just wonderful! You have to get into the clear hot tub, everybody takes pictures there because the setting is gorgeous. The food is good and the service excellent. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We stayed at El Ganzo two nights on our way back from Todos Santos and before coming back to NYC. The property is located in the marina (about a 10-minute drive from the historic center) which is peaceful and charming.The hotel is lovely, quiet and nicely run by the kind and attentive staff. The food is also great - although we only had drinks and breakfast during our stay at the hotel restaurant and the waiters are attentive and polite. The rooftop pool is fantastic with beautiful views of the ocean and I loved the beach club (there is a boat that shuttles guests every 30-minutes, plus cabanas, towels and umbrellas and a nice bar on the beach). I also liked the fact that there were Mexican/local tourists staying at El Ganzo and not only foreigners, it makes you feel like you're more immersed in the local culture and not just a guest in an all-inclusive sheltered resort. The curated art all over the hotel is interesting and refreshing and even if it might not appeal to everybody's taste, it definitely sets this property apart from the other hotels. The owner of El Ganzo also runs an after-school program for the fishermen's kinds across the street from the hotel which to me it's a great way to give back to the community. If you love boutique hotels and are not interested in a cookie-cutter resort experience, El Ganzo is definitively the place for you! PS. It's also a few minutes away from Flora Farms and Acre which we highly recommend for lunch, dinner or drinks -

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Basia1212
Reviewed July 8, 2018

We stayed at Hotel EL Ganzo for 2 nights prior to boarding a dive boat headed to Socorro. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! This is an excellent hotel, nicely decorated with a friendly and competent staff. Lots of interesting and quirky art!

We found the food at the restaurant to be very good although a bit expensive. The waitstaff was efficient and the outdoor dining area overlooking the marina made for a pleasant dining experience.

The rooms were excellent...and the bed was AMAZING! We have seldom had a more comfortable bed in a hotel! High quality linens, a good shower with plenty of hot water and even a free standing bath tub.

We had a jacuzzi room with a nice patio that overlooked the marina (the jacuzzi was on the patio). Nice to sit and drink your morning coffee while watching the pelicans fish for their breakfast!

We did go to the beach club. Some people on TA complained that you had to take a boat over to the beach area, but we did not find it an issue at all. It was all of about a 2 minute ride and the shuttle boat runs every 30 minutes (or sooner). Once at the beach area, you had everything you needed. Food and drinks were served right on the beach by a very friendly and attentive staff. The beach was clean and a great place to take a swim or just cool off. There were clean restrooms and a shower to rinse off.

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Marina view rooms recommended
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Great place to spend the day at the beach. Food is good but a bit pricey, drinks are ok.

Service is excellent, our waiter Israel was super attentive and made our stay perfect.

The beach is awesome for stand up paddle and swimming.

The hotel is beautiful and filled with art.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ignacio R
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

My husband booked this hotel for 2 nights for our early anniversary trip and our first couple getaway without our infant and toodler children. My husbamd wanted to surprise because he knew I liked the pictures online but I preferred the all inclusive resort for better savings. However, my husband wanted to sourgke Because we haven’t had a vacation since 2016.... We had the 1 bedroom terrace with views of the harbor! (We paid over 300 a night) It was absolutely gorgeous but this is the only thing positive about the hotel stay. In our room there was a constant motor sound, I called the front desk and a maintenance man came and said that he believes the sound was from the laundry department below.. they offered to place me inanother room. I took the offer simply because I am a light sleeper and I wanted silence Bc this would be my first night not waking to my children in the middle of the night. Later that night while preparing for bed, we could hear every single word our neighbors spoke. They were young people having a good time but it was too loud! And I Believe the thin walls did not help. After about 20 minutes of constant loud talking and laughter from the neighbors, I called the front desk to ask if a courtesy call could be given. Nothing happened. So I asked that we move back to our former room with the loud motor sound they agreed. When we made it back, the room felt warm, but I adjusted the air and prepared for bed. About an hour later the room had not cooled down. Called the front desk again and the maintenance man came.. he didn’t do anything but look at the thermostat and said give it 10 mins and the room will cool down. 10 minutes later. The room was still hot and I just didn’t bother calling. I slept without the sheets that night.the next morning I called them again and had the maintenance man come by the room twice Bc the room was still hot. I refused to spend another night in heat, by this time I was so fed up with the hotel! But I didn’t want to upset my husband especially since he had booked the room to surprise me.
Also, the food was not the best, I ordered sushi. Afterwords I got really sick but I’m unsure if it was the sushi or the heat/lack of A/C and my sinuses. Either way I didn’t order their sushi again. In all honestly all I order was fruit after I got sick. Another con of the hotel is that their service is EXTREMELY SLOW at the restaurant and room service. It took them 45 minutes just to bring me fruit. Keep in mind that this is a small hotel with about 70 rooms. Also there is no concierge desk, so you will not be able to book excursions. The hotel is very secluded with nothing within miles of the hotel. They also have a rule that you cannot being outside groceries (water,fruit) or food to the hotel! I have never heard of such!!! Needless to say, we were happy to leave the hotel and I will NEVER return. I hate that we wasted 2 our vacations days here... however, we did have 2 more days at a much better hotel. It was the same price and WAYYYY better!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Melissa W
El_Ganzo_GM, General Manager at Hotel El Ganzo, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2018

Dear Melissa ,
Thank you very much for taking the time write a review . We sincerely regret that your experience at El Ganzo was not to your complete satisfaction, nor in accordance with your expectations. Your comments are very useful for us to improve our operation.

We are glad that you were able to enjoy Los Cabos and hope that you return often.

Regards, EM