6,067 results
All reviews coco loco coffee house la plaza french restaurant adult pool martini bar bon vivant sports bar international buffet tacos all inclusive resort club level main pool beautiful resort los cabos ocean view swim up room
Reviewed January 1, 2016

We were met at the front and escorted to private check-in. We had been upgraded to an Ocean View Master Suite - complete with dining room and large living area.

Our room was in building 3 which means you have to walk to most restaurants. Not a problem. We went down to the adults only pool - much quieter except for the convention attendees being obnoxiously loud that came later in the day. The bartender and food prep staff were terrific - they offered to fix us drinks with top shelf liquor and prepare anything we wanted for an afternoon snack. The band color on our wrist must have meaning to staff because it wasn't a problem to order whatever we wanted.

Hugo introduced himself the first day and he was by each time calling us by name after that. He even had a birthday cake delivered for my Wife poolside.

We ate at most of the restaurants and had ice cream several times a day from the coffee deli. The only place we didn't see open at all was the tequila bar.

Italian - pass on it. Chicken not done. Asian - terrific. Lots of choices although service was a bit slow. Steakhouse - we enjoyed the salad bar and the steak was done the way we wanted it. The buffet - way too loud inside. We ate outside on the patio and didn't mind having to wait. The Sports Bar - went there for football in the morning. Although the door said they were open, we had to wait a bit while the bar got set up. No meals seemed to be offered here - I went down to the deli and grabbed a couple of sandwiches. We didn't eat in the room so I don't know how that is.

The hotel and all staff did a great job making us feel important, in spite of the large convention that was there - about 1,000 attendees. The Regency Club was always stocked with food and liquor. A very quiet place to get away.

Planning to return next month.

Room tip: Main floor is 3rd so ask for a 3rd floor room to avoid elevator waits
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SEAPlatinum
HyattZivaCabos, Gerente at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2016

SEAPlatinum;

We truly value your kind comments and your preference. Thank you for share your comments.

We want that all our guests take the best memories and experiences from our Resort, our service and the friendliness of our staff, from the first to the last moment we strive to create a unique atmosphere to make feel all our guest more than welcome.

We hope to have another chance to host you in the near future.

Reviewed January 1, 2016

The Hyatt is a beautiful Hotel and not just for the location but the great staff. From Laura at the front desk to Dolores in the buffet restaurant who met up with a big smile and sense of humour. And to the Sosie and staff at the Italian restaurant who go out of their way to make our vacation so wonderful. All the restaurants are great and staff work so hard.

We have been to Mexico may times in different areas but I must admit that the staff, service and food are exceptional at the Ziva Hyatt Los Cabos. Thank you so much

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ilona S

Dea llona S,

Your perceptions with regards to our services help us to keep improving to achieve our main goal, many thanks for taking the time to share your comments.

In Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos you can spend enjoyable and relaxing time with the wide variety of activities that we have and the comfort of our facilities,The main goal of Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is to exceed our guests expectations. We are happy to know that you had a wonderful time with us. Many thanks for your kind comments about Laura, Dolores they are an example of our priority, guest satisfaction.

We appreciate your value comments, we cannot wait to host you again.

Reviewed December 31, 2015

I recently completed a two night stay at Ziva Los Cabos. Since they just reopened the hotel in August 2015 (closed for one year for renovations from Hurricane Odile) I had to take my family three for the newest of the Hyatt Brands, Ziva (All inclusive experience).

For reference, I am a Hyatt Diamond elite who stays frequently in the US and occasionally overseas (over 70 nights a year. I am also Starwood Gold member. Having been to an all inclusive once in Cancun many years ago. I forgot what I have been missing.

Miles and Points Hotel: One of the best uses of the Hyatt Gold Passport points. 20,000 points per 2 adults (wife and me) , 10,000 additional points for my 16 year old daughter, and children under 3 are free. I spent 30,000 points for our great room. This was the best use of points as rates for the week of New Years eve started at $960- $1600. My mileage friends- I would highly consider you save your points for Ziva (kid friendly) and upcoming Zilara (adults only).

All Inclusive:
What is included: All meals on the property- 24 hour deli (reminds me of club lounge), snack shops with the greatest cupcakes, high end breakfast and lunch buffet, dinner at Asian, French, Italian, Steakhouse, or Spanish restaurant. Men have a dress code (no t-shirts, shorts, or sandals). They take their food seriously. My Mexican wife admitted that they have great shrimp ceviche in the Hacienda Lunch Buffet. Molina is an awesome Mexican breakfast place. As a respected Foodie, I highly recommend them just for the food.

Check In:
As a Diamond, they have a premium check in area (glass room) next to regular checkin. Go straight there as they know how to provide the Elite Benefits. I originally went to the counter which showed platinum/diamond check in and he didn't understand about elite late check out and room upgrades. So I recommend you going straight to Premium Checkin if you are Hyatt Platinum/Diamond elite. We stayed at the Hyatt Place Los Cabos one night before and took a taxi (3 blocks away) only $10 or walk. So we arrived at 12pm and looking for a early check in. Luis helped me with Check in and upgraded me to the ocean view and pool view with balcony on 3rd floor (also lobby level) and gave me 4pm check out as requested. I know it is guaranteed for diamonds. They put on Gold wristbands for my wife and me (signify Diamond), 16 year old daughter (brown wristband- minor). By the way, many folks have different color wristband walking around with green/blue= Tour groups, yellow= Platinum member, and another color for paid premium suite member (i forgot). However service seemed to be excellent no matter which color wristband you were wearing.

Room:
As I mentioned Luis (our check in front desk host) offered me a ocean view/pool view room with 2 queen sized beds. There was also a beautiful jacuzzi bathtub with adjacent shower. This room was very well appointed and Luis offered me a peak at this room first if it was to my satisfaction and if I was not happy to call him back and he would check for another more suitable room. However, my wife loved the view of this room and location. Whatever makes her happy was fine with me. On that day, the GM sent us a plate of cheese and fruits and a bottle of Cabernet to thank us for our loyalty. Free Wifi and it was fast enough for streaming You Tube for my daughter.

Pools:
My daughters love pool and water. Big consideration for me. The only pool not heated is the main pool. However there is 3 other pools everywhere that everyone seems to hang out. The kids club pool, the shared pool (everyone), and Adults only pool. Adults only pool had floating couches and most of the beautiful ladies there seem to spend their time reading or sun bathing. The main pool was the most popular and right in front of the beach. There is a swim up bar and great that you don't have to pay for anything since everything is all inclusive. Lastly, the kids pool is suitable for kids ages 3-12 years old with small water slide and play set.

Kid Club: This is once again all included. They are opened from 9am-5pm and starts at age 4 -12 years old. So parents can leave them there and go hangout alone in the main pool area. The two Hyatt staffers are awesome and do things like finger painting and learn Spanish with all the kids. While I was there, I noticed about 9-10 kids there during the day even though this was the high season. They also have a little beach area, TV, and toddler push pedal cars to ride around. Great club overall.

Safety:
When we came in via our Taxi, the gate is closed. There is an attendant that must check all visitors and guest before entering. I felt safe walking around the outside of the property and very clean. Reminded me more of Newport Beach than Mexico. This is a calm town and my family felt safe the entire time.

Location of property:
Cabos San Jose is closer to the airport and more calm area than touristy Cabos San Lucas. Many places to eat around here if you want to go out and prices are more reasonable than San Lucas.

Transportation:
No Uber/Lyft in this town. 4 taxi companies with one strong union. All the drivers own their own vehicles. All the taxi seems to be the large 10 passenger vans. $40 from Ziva to San Lucas (25 min) . So great for groups. There is no hotel shuttle. Many people tend to rent cars as that is the cheaper options. But they really enforce the Rental car insurance here. That can add up. I did not rent a car since they were sold out due to the holiday. But I would consider using the Chase Sapphire Preferred or your Citi World Elite MasterCard for the LDW - waive the rental car collision insurance e (your rental car). You may still need to purchase liability insurance which your Credit card will not cover (damage to other car).
We took the public transportation which is a few blocks away from hotel but saved money. It was 80 pesos ( $5) per person and took about 45 min.

The Club:
For Diamonds members with Club access you know that there are usually Club lounges that offer morning breakfast, afternoon snacks, and evening appetizers . It had the full Premium liquor and great area for lounging and just relaxing. Great view on the 4th floor of the main building. Both attendants in the lounge were very accommodating. Love the service in the lounge. I would go more often but food was everywhere and didn't have time to hang out in the lounge as much as I would like. Once again I hope the Ziva doesn't change this because there were not many Diamonds here in the lounge at all. It was rather quiet when I went in the afternoon, maybe more during the busier times.

Food:
I went to the concierge for restaurant reservation in the morning to check with them about availability. Please keep in mind that dinner restaurants (6pm-10pm) are not necessary however Dozo (Japanese) and Italian get busy. They will give you a beeper to come back. The reservations worked perfectly 6:30pm at Dozo for sushi, 7:30pm at Italian for Pizza. The next day, I had reservation for 6pm for French restaurant. It was all you can eat so we ordered 4 appetizers (included fois gras and awesome mussels). We tried the filet mignon, the rack of lamb, and the veal scallop. I have to say Veal Scallop was the best of the three!
Hacienda Restaurant (steakhouse) is best for lunch- Ocean front Mexican food. Must try their Beef Ranchera on the grill and ceviche is awesome.
They open all the restaurants during this high season (Dec- Jan). All other time is Mid season and open restaurants based on occupancy.

The Teatro- 8pm Kids shows. Kids get to perform in ad hoc talent show.
9pm- First night was 70-80 music and the performers (singers and dancers) were awesome. The second night was Glee Theme. They pulled me up on stage to dance like Psy- Gingham Style. There is a you tube video that my 16 years old daughter says she will be uploading if I don't bring her back to Ziva one day. She hating leaving ZIva and missing the show.

In the end, these were the best experience that I have had at any Hyatt Property.
Please bear in mind that the property just reopened 4 months ago and some of the hires are brand new so they may be working out the training, however Hyatt is very good of rehiring back all their Hyatt Trained staff. I loved this experience and have to consider this place again for my in laws to join us next time. Great place for a convention as everything is included.

I will be back again someday, as the Hyatt Ziva in Cancun is 5,000 more points a room than here and another 2,500 points for extra person. I haven't tried Hyatt Ziva Cancun but a 2 hour 45 direct flight from American and Alaska Airlines makes Los Cabos a no brainer for this Southern California Family

Room tip: 3rd floor in southside building has great view and same level as lobby.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank BENLAMPOO

Dear BENLAMPOO,

We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful time during your visit, many thanks for sharing your comments.

We love provide the best service to all our guest from the first to the last moment, your tranquility and comfort are our priorities, the unique atmospheres and variety of activities and facilities create to our guests memorable moments, it is pleasant to learn that with just one day you fell in love of our beautiful property and our staff hospitable service.

We are looking forward to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 31, 2015

Stayed the week prior to Christmas and it was fantastic! The best food was with Ahmed Garcia at the Azul Pool Bar. Ahmed makes the very best tacos and food at the hotel. The Hyatt Ziva has recovered and is by far one of the best hotels in the San Jose Del Cabo area. Very clean and the staff is what makes the hotel perfect.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattZivaCabos, Gerente at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2016

Dear John S,

It was our pleasure to host you, we are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful experience.

Our main goal is to create memorable and unique experiences from the first to the last moment, our staff loves to serve and being attentive to all our guest requirements to make them feel like home.

We are very thankful with your kind comments and we cannot wait to host you again.

Reviewed December 30, 2015 via mobile

We just came back from a one week stay over Christmas at the Hyatt Ziva. We had two adjoining rooms which had plenty of space. Our kids slept on one of the sofa beds. The sofa beds are comfortable for small kids but adults will find it hard on the back. The hotel just opened three months ago after a full renovation following the devastation of hurricane Odie. The hotel and grounds are immaculate with no sign of the effects of the hurricane remaining. The hotel was redesigned during the renovation. The pre-renovation pictures share almost no resemblance to the current hotel.

The hotel was full during the week of Christmas which made getting seats for dinner a bit challenging. We found that you had to arrive at the restaurant upon opening at 6pm in order to be guaranteed a table. Arriving even 15 minutes after opening required waiting about 2 hours for a table. The buffet restaurants generally did not require a wait but food is not quite as good as in the a la carte restaurants.

Upon checkout we found out that Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum level members can actually reserve tables at the a la carte restaurants for dinner. We were not told about this benefit at checkin nor were we told about the benefit of access to the club level or to the premium alcohol, nor the discount at the spa. I feel that had we known about these features of our membership level, our stay would have been perfect.

None the less, our stay was very enjoyable. The staff is very accommodating and eager to please the guests. The staff help to create a social atmosphere in the hotel. Bryan always greeted us with a smile and a bow. Bernice and Myra at the kids club were engaging and charming with our children to the point that my son wished he could trade in his school teachers for them.

There were multiple events during the Christmas period geared for children including a balloon release with letters to Santa as well as a picture session with Santa where every child received a Christmas present from him.

The nightly entertainment in the showroom is top notch. The dancers are terrific and highly skilled. Our kids especially liked the Fantasia show. The entertainment should be more publicized as it is fairly unique for the hotels in Cabo.

I have seen many reviews that compare this hotel to a cruise on land but I found that it was much more enjoyable than a cruise. Most cruises I have been on try to nickel and dime you on extras but the all-inclusive features of this hotel are truly all-inclusive. The only incidental we paid for was for spa services. The minibar, room service, bottled water, alcohol are all included unlike on a cruise. There is also a large Walmart-like store called Mega which is located two blocks away from the hotel where you can buy anything you may have forgotten to bring on the trip.

We booked a round trip shuttle to get to the hotel which costed about $100 but it is actually more cost effective to just book a one way shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then get a taxi for the trip back to the airport. The taxi is about half the price of the shuttle but they cannot pick up at the airport. Taxis are always available at the lobby.

This is my first trip to Cabo and I cannot compare the Hyatt to other hotels but I definitely would return again to this hotel and would probably enjoy it even more now that I know what the Gold Passport benefits are for Platinum members. This hotel is perfect for families with children.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank vangogh88

Dear vangogh88,

We hope to have another chance to host you in the near future.