2,119 results
All reviews bedroom villa full kitchen javier's restaurant serenity pool swim up bar flor de noche terry cloth time share san jose timeshare presentation directly across the street ocean view rip tides lounge chairs timeshare pitch tacos exchange rate
Reviewed February 21, 2017

Overall, we loved our stay. The grounds, rooms, views, pools - it all was amazing! However, compared to other resorts I've been too it was missing that extra something. As such, we won't be coming back. I think most of our issue stems from the concierge. The concierge we met upon check in, a young kid with a lot of energy, misled us about booking and pricing of excursions. We arrived on Sunday and were told we could pay cash and all our trips would be booked Monday morning. This was not done, we could not pay cash, and were told the concierge from Sunday was actually off on Monday and couldn't do the booking as relayed when we went to pay on Monday morning. As for the resort, there aren't many activities at all and the nightlife is non-existent in the resort. If you want to entertained after 8 p.m. be prepared to walk the mile to San Jose or an expensive cab to San Lucas. It dies after 8:30 p.m. which was disappointing. The food was okay. Some dishes, like the pork tacos, were amazing at Flor De Noche. However, the service of the staff was usually slow even though everyone was very nice. My fiancé is a chef in Chicago so maybe it's our high expectations but everything seemed to take a long time, especially at the swim up pool bar. Most resorts you develop a report with the staff and exchange names and a dialogue. I've never stayed for a week at a beach resort and not known servers by name at at least one of the food/bar locations. We never felt that we were treated as openly as at other places. Don't get me wrong, everyone was nice and courteous but there was no extra friendliness. One thing that was greatly disappointing and probably the reason I likely wouldn't recommend the resort to others, especially with lots of other choices in the immediate area, is my now fiancé, boyfriend at check in, met privately with the concierge to arrange something special for our engagement, which occurred on Valentine's Day right around sunrise (7:15 a.m.) on the beach. He asked if someone could take photos for us, nothing professional, and the concierge said no unless he paid $250. All we wanted was one photo of him proposing and she couldn't arrange to have a staff member simply use our cell phone for 5 seconds? Extremely disappointing. Even more so when you consider there was staff on the beach preparing the chairs/lounges. he would have been better off not asking her and simply asking one of those guys the day before, but since she had said no unless we paid he didn't want to get anyone in trouble. He then requested that something special be done in the room and be ready upon our arrival back from the beach after our timeshare tour (not ideal tour timing lol). Any friend or relative that has gotten engaged at a resort has returned to their room with something special, either rose petals, champagne - something. not only did the concierge fail to offer any sort of complimentary congratulations (he paid for roses to be brought in) they did nothing and were late bringing the flowers in. He asked for roses to be brought in by 9 a.m. and it wasn't done until 11:30. We returned at 10:30 a.m. to a dirty room, no roses, no nothing. When they brought the roses they still hadn't cleaned (although I had made the request that cleaning service be done between 9 and 11 each morning which I was told was possible) and they just left the roses on the dresser. Extremely disappointing. They left an empty card with the diamond logo on the outside. Seriously, you couldn't have taken five seconds to have a manager or a staffer write "congrats" since the concierge was well aware it was to celebrate our engagement and not simply another valentine's day bouquet. Although Cabo Azul is beautiful and inexpensive for its beauty, I'd rather go to a little more dated resort with fun adult friendly activities with staff that make sure your experience is special, especially when asked for help. - Jamie

Room Tip: If ocean view isn't possible get ground floor on a tranquility pool
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jamie K
Reviewed February 21, 2017

A great vacation! I've been looking for a getaway spot in Cabo, and have found it. Azul is perfect: the rooms are clean, safe, have comfortable beds and fabulous product in the bathrooms; no scratchy towels!

The food was outstanding and everyone was friendly, helpful and accommodating (hola Maria y Leo y todos amigos nuevos del Javier's/Flor del Noche). I'll get that refritos recipe next time! Never once did I feel awkward about being a solo traveler (although I'll never understand why restaurants insist on clearing additional settings from the table) and was never questioned about my single status as I have been at other hotels in Cabo.

The pools and beach accommodations are fantastic, despite not being able to sea swim. Plenty of lounge chairs and quiet spots to park at for the day.

I could have done without the "VIP check-in" (a preview of the vacation share pitch) but true to promise, that was the only time I was approached about joining the club.

Overall, a perfect 3.5 days and I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: "No view" means looking at the parking lot and rocks so if time on the veranda enjoying ocean breezes is important, book accordingly.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

The hotel was amazingly clean and pristine and was very modern in design and technology. Almost everyone was very friendly and the prices of the meals and drinks were fair. Happy hour was especially pleasant by the pool / ocean with wonderful menu options to snack on. Wifi was fantastic and the location near the old town was ideal.

I was disappointed about not being able to get a clear answer in how the resort fees were charged. I still believe I was double charged for the daily resort fee based on what they told me, but decided not to pursue the issue. I asked several times at checkout and they seemed annoyed and I was very confused with the explanation. They also charged for a sauna visit in addition to the resort fee. In the end I felt a little nickel and dimed and felt as if I was hoodwinked a little on the fees. I don't mind paying for a service, but would prefer that it be easier to understand and that they explain without appearing annoyed. It made the whole experience feel like I was only there for them to charge me.

In the end, a great hotel and very nice facility, but I probably won't go back there again. Plenty of other great options.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank DCADCA
Reviewed February 20, 2017

$ of us adult stayed at the Cabo Azul Resort for 12 days and found our stay to be very exciting and accommodating. The staff was wonderful, a special mention to Omar and Ruben as they as well as the entire staff made us feel so welcome and at a home away from home. Check in was fast and easy. Took us up to our condo which was 5306 overlooking a pool but on an inside block which meant we had 3 other sides of condos to look directly into. We requested a room change as we were looking for a partial ocean view. We had to wait 2 days but were moved to a delightful partial ocean view in 1401 which meant building1 4thfloor and room 01. We were very happy with this room, The laundry room , which is at the end of the hallway on each floor ,was right beside us as well as the recycle containers. . House keeping came every day to freshen up our condo and if we had any questions of concerning excursions the staff helped us out or went as far as to book them for us. My husband DID attend the timeshare update meeting and were given the Sunset dinner tour and our 2 quests got theirs at half price which was $40.00 American. This is well worth the time and supper to go on. The crew was great and the food was fantastic. You can purchase a lobster tail with your meal for $12.00 after you are on board. You see the famous arches of Cabo San Lucas as well as whale watch , we saw a fantastic show put on by the whales, ate then enjoyed the show which included all of us. Great time had by all and of coarse watched the sunset.. We also went on the excursion that goes to Todo Santos and saw the real Hotel California , stood on the Tropic of Capricorn, visited the functional church which was the oldest and first cultural building in Todo Santos which is built on the tropic of Capricorn. We also went to a Mexican blanket making factory which was quite interesting.
We found some great and very interesting places to eat within walking distance of the Cabo Azul. Gene Simmons of the rock band KISS should be extremely proud of his restaurant and bar called ROCK and BREWS. The manager is a fantastically energetic young man by the name of Ricardo ( Richard ) who we were very proud to meet. He works exceptionally hard to keep this great place running amazingly well. There is live music twice a week. and boasts the best burgers in San Jose del Cabo. Believe me folks they really are the best burgers. Jack and Willie are just 2 of the servers who treat their customers with respect and have unwavering memories when it comes to it comes to recognizing a persons face to their drink of choice. All the staff here is greatly accommodating and hard working, Good job .
We also had breakfast at the Habanero restaurant which was around the corner and about a 10 min. walk from the resort. Great economical and very good meal . great bang for your buck.
Down town is $7.00 cab ride and will let you off in the " Centro" of Cabo San Jose. Look strait up and you will see a rooftop Bar called Shooters". This is a great hangout for happy hour and appies which are fantastic. Lots of fun with some interesting shooters to try. This is a MUST.
The ArtWalk on Friday nights in the Centro is also very unique and fun. While on the ArtWalk we found another fantastic restaurant by the name of Molly's, Try their signature ribs and baked potato. Wow, it's great. We also found JUST ONE MORE which is a Resto.Bar which was fun and a good place to eat.. On Valentines Day we went to CUERVO'S HOUSE which served a most amazing meal with 4 coarses and possibly the most terrific soup I have ever tasted What a great meal. A little slow to get the credit card back after the meal but certainly worth
the money. This restaurant is on the way down to Centro from Cabo Azul. If you are a fish lover you must try EL TORO GUERO which is off the beaten track of the central area of Cabo San Jose but well worth the visit. You won't be disappointed.
We took a $40.00 cab ride into Cabo San Lucas which is about a half hour ride from Cabo Azul and took our own time on our own excursion . We went to CABO WABO...the bar own by Sammy Hagar and got some suveniers and proceeded to Modano Beach which is the closest beach we could find to swim as the undertow at Cabo Azul is to strong to swim at the resort.. Water was freezing but is Carribean blue and a lot of interesting places to see along the beach. We visited the new and old harbors in Cabo San Lucas as well . Lots of vendors selling their wares at fairley expensive prices. Great places to watch the sea lions and pelicans interact with humans. Fun WAS HAD BY ALL.
My husband and friends also gulfed at the VADANTA Gulf Coarse in San Jose del Cabo. It was close to the resort and very affordable to play 18 holes ,rent equipment as well as a cart. It was $118.00 for all per person.

Room Tip: You must ask for a partial ocean view not a pool view.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LloydminsterTykie
Reviewed February 19, 2017

Our kids are 3 and 5 and this was by far the best vacation we've had with them. The accommodations were great. There are plenty of food options, plus a huge grocery store within walking distance to stock the kitchen. The staff was super friendly. The best part is the pool(s)! There are so many of them. There's also a kids day camp and a kids club that was really inexpensive and cute. A walk into the town of San Jose del Cabo is worth it for checking out different restaurants and lots of shopping. Also recommend a day trip to Todos Santos and Cerritos Beach if you want to get away.

Room Tip: Ground floor turned out to be perfect for kids - didn't have to worry about them on the balconies!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family