2,161 results
All reviews javier's restaurant full kitchen bedroom villa flor de noche serenity pool swim up bar terry cloth time share san jose timeshare presentation pool side ocean view rip tides tacos lounge chairs sales pitch cab ride
Reviewed June 17, 2018

We stayed at this resort the week of Memorial Day 2018! My cousin is a Diamond Timeshare Owner and used her points to book the two bedroom villa! We had an amazing stay!

From the moment you step onto the resort, you are greeted by the wonderful staff with "Welcome Home". Everyone we encountered while we were here were beyond helpful, friendly and courteous!

It's a beautiful resort, and the attention to EVERY LITTLE DETAIL blew me away!!!! We were greeted with cool towels and cold bottled water. The grounds were immaculate! There were incense strategically placed around grounds near the pools, so as you walked around you can spell subtle hints of fragrance. The food was amazing! There was not a meal we had that I could complain about. Everything was seasoned to perfection. You MUST try the "green juice". I don't know what was in that, but it was sooooooo good! Our home away from home villa was gorgeous! We had a fully stocked kitchen with plenty of dishes, glasses, pots, pans...whatever you need if you decide to cook! All you have to do it add groceries! The grocery store is walking distance away, or a $7 cab ride. We stocked up on bottled water and snacks. For it to be Memorial Weekend, it was not overly crowded. We never had a problem finding a lounge. However if you want to get right next to the pool, you do have to get there early. There were plenty of lounge chairs, cabana beds near the ocean. Even though the beach was unswimmable, there were perfect spots to lay out and listen to the waves crash ashore and watch the sun rise. Speaking of sun rise, it is so worth it to get up early, grab a cup of coffee and see the beautiful sunrise!

Cabo Azul is located 15 min from downtown San Juan del Cabo (you must go into the city for souvenir shopping and lunch or dinner) and Cabo San Lucas is a 20-30 cab ride ($30-40) or bus ride. We road the bus into Cabo during the day and took a cab back to the resort that evening.

Even though we stayed with a timeshare member, the prices for this resort is reasonable and I will definately be planning a return vacation VERY SOON!!!

Room tip: I think any ocean or pool view would have a good view. There were some ground floor rooms that have swim up access.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank zevap
Reviewed June 15, 2018

The resort was beautiful! We also felt very welcome there, but one employee stands out to us. Every day we were by the pool, Damian Oribio was always there to check with us. If we needed something to eat or drink, he would make sure a waiter would come by, and if we needed a towel, he would make sure to get it. He was very friendly and attentive, and really seemed to genuinely love his job. One thing my wife and I noticed was that he totally sounds like Sylvester Stallone! When we were wrapping up our trip, Damian made sure to say how much he enjoyed helping us, and suggested that we watch the sunrise before we left ... we did, and it was gorgeous!!

This was a great trip, but was made excellent because of Damian's friendly manner and attentiveness!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing time here! The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I loved the openness and layout of the hotel. The pools are awesome. They have happy hour at the swim up bar from 3-5pm. Before we got here we were nervous before about crime, etc. outside of the resort, but there is nothing to be nervous about. We walked from the resort to the store and felt very safe. You can take a $7 cab ride to Walmart. The area surrounding the hotel is similar to South Beach. It’s a little strip with restaurants and shops. This area is more family friendly and quiet. Cabo San Lucas has more of the nightlife and is a $40 cab ride. The only negative comment I have about this resort is that you can’t swim in the water at the beach. It’s extremely rough. However, they have a great setup on the beach with chairs and beds, entertainment, horse rides, restaurants, bars, and the pool overlooks the beach. We are already planning our next trip back.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Maureen N
Reviewed June 14, 2018

The resort itself is breathtaking. You can read all about it's views, the pools, and the food on other reviews. Truly amazing! My review is for Raul Nino! He was the friendliest bartender I have ever met. My wife and I were impressed with the drinks he made. He added to our experience at Cabo Azul because of his personality and professionalism. But more importantly it was the way he interacted with our 2 year old daughter. She was very excited every afternoon to she Raul. He would hand her a cherry and she lit up. On his day off as we walked by the bar she asked, "Where is Raul?"

I highly recommend Cabo Azul has a family and/or couples vacation spot. Thanks again Raul Nino, you added to my family's experience!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2018

Beautiful property well maintained friendly staff great dining options Starbucks on premises Beach is not user friendly but pool accommodations more than make up for this little fault. Time share presentation and or owners update was friendly and not pushy like i have experienced in other Diamond Resort properties.

Date of stay: April 2018