See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 1, 2017

Stayed in room 106 from Thursday, April 27, 2017 until Saturday, April 29, 2017 and it could have not been a better experience for me and my partner. Everyone in their staff from reception to the butlers gave exceptional service. I got there first on Thursday and not only had I forgotten my allergy pills back home, but I was sick when I arrived.Out of nowhere and after asking for the nearest pharmacy, someone from the staff offered to walk with me to the nearest one. I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the gesture and I took him on his offer. It was truly a pleasure to be there and feel so pampered. I would return in a heartbeat. Thank you for the wonderful service.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2017

Casa Madero is one of those special hotels that you find in the historical centers of Mexico in this case in the beautiful city of Morelia that transports you to a magical world.
The fusion of colonial and modern styles makes this place a very special atmosphere.
Despite being on a busy street is very quiet and as it is built inside the hull of an old house you will find that each room is different from the other.
It has a very nice central square and it really is a magical place.
The food of its restaurant is extraordinary between the most traditional of Michoacan cuisine and the most modern of European cuisine.
Ideal for a romantic or business trip.
On foot you will find the square where the Fountain of the Tarascas is and beautiful spots for photogies, just 15 minutes walk from the historic center for a good morning walk.

Room tip: The rooms that do not face the street are quieter The suites overlooking the back terrace are extraordinary
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2016

We were looking for a small, cozzy hotel near dowtown...we certanly found it..!! Casa Madero is only a ten minutes walk from downtown Morelia. The Mercado San Juan is very close too and all downtown amenities. Most of the rooms, 14 in total, are arrangeded around a patio. If you look for more privacy there is rooms on the second floor. The room we stayed at was small but functional and well decorated. Very clean. We had breakfast at their restaurant and the food is very good. The have a terrace on the street to have a drink and see people pass by. Definitively a wonderful place to stay.

Room tip: the rooms in the second floor are more private
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

The hotel and the rooms are very nice, but not confortable, cozy, functional or inviting.
The rooms are small, no closet space, very dark with not enough light to read, warm and AC did a terrible noise. (Photo with maximum light)
There is a karaoke bar in front and it's so loud that you can hear it all night. The rooms on the other side have a terrace where breakfast is served and you can hear all the conversations or events that are done since very early.
Their is no common place to lay down and read and relax, so it's not a place to relax and stay in.
Even if their are only 12 rooms the housekeeping is bad. The rooms are made after 13:00-14:00 hrs even if you indicate you want the room made.
The bathroom is very nice looking not so functional can't open the shower with out getting wet.
The service is not bad at the restaurant, but housekeeping it is. (They place an envelope with a tip suggestion for housekeeping in your last stay... not quite what I would have expected of a boutique hotel)
Overall nice to go for a meal, not to stay and even more if you are on a relaxing/resting trip.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Isabel M
Reviewed February 9, 2016

We went there looking for a nice terrace to sit outside for a pre lunch drink and possibly stay on for lunch. We found the hotel a very nice European style terrace, sourrounded by plants on a sunny afternoon. We then went quite a while deciding NOT to have a glass of rose or white wine as after discussing the menu with a rather slow to understand, it finally emerged they didn't sell white or rese by the glass, only red wine. OK. So then we ordered g and t s Ten minutes later the manager emerged to tell us there would be no bar service for another two hours as they were doing an inventory!!! On a Sunday?
Call yourself a boutique hotel? Something is seriously wrong with the management..

Date of stay: February 2016