Casa Torres Hotel
US$68
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

US$62
  • Restaurant
US$144
Preferred Hotels
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbreakfast roomfacing the streettop floorfirst floorroom was spotlesstwo blockslocation is excellentcentral locationthree nightsfront deskwithin walking distancebalconyinternetnoisecitycathedralelevator
Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

We booked 4 rooms in the Casa Torres for our group based on ‘on line’ reviews and were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Large well equipped rooms, good internet, free parking, friendly staff, a delicious breakfast included and a central location. It was an enjoyable stay and great value.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2017

we drove into zacatecas, five couples in an urvan and right from the start we had excellent service. gonzalo from the front desk,came out to meet and greet us, he hurried across the street to guide us into the parking lot, help with our luggage, and quickly assigned us our rooms. my husband and i lucked out getting room 301 on the top floor, huge room, with a very ample balcony overlooking the whole city. wonderful views any time of day. we stayed three nights, even had the other couples over in the evening for a drink on our balcony! the room was spotless and modern, lots of hot water in the shower. great location, just two blocks to downtown. the breakfast room on the forth floor also had the same wonderful view, excellent service, and delicious breakfast including coffee, frech fruit, juices and breads, you could aslo order inexpensive items from the menu such as eggs, pancakes. etc. as i say, the service at the restaurant was excellent. this hotel actually has two separate buildings, which i don't think most people know about....(we were a very curious group of travellers! ) we stayed in the building without an elevator, but the other building does have one, so if you don't want to take suitcases up one or two flights of stairs, ask for the other structure. customer service was tops at the front desk, no matter who was there. but i want to congratulate gonzalo on alway being very willing to help with any questions or services. and ok, so the internet isn't the greatest, but who wants to be on it all the time in beautiful zacatecas!!!

Room Tip: get the top floor rooms with balconies overlooking the city
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2017

We were there two nights and had a room on the ground floor facing the street. I was worried about noise but really didn't have any issues to speak of. The bed was super comfortable, the room was very clean, and had a beautiful, modern decor. The location was PERFECT! Just off the main street, about a 5 minute walk, never felt unsafe, even in the evenings. The breakfast was beautiful and we were happy with the selection, presentation and quality. Really a charming town.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shawna196
Reviewed March 18, 2017

When I booked using a third-party site in the comments section I requested a room with a balcony and a view; they gave me the room on the highest guest floor with the best view, which was greatly appreciated. The views at sunset and at night were truly spectacular (see photos).

Rooms are comfortable and clean and great value for money. The free breakfast was tasty and very generous; I did not need to order any additional items. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful with requests like booking taxis.

Location is excellent: a few minutes’ walk to the cathedral. There is noise from the city center on weekends but the hotel is far enough away that it didn't bother me. During the week the nights were extremely quiet.

My only complaint is that the wifi was unreliable. To be fair, this is a common problem in Mexico. I was initially unable to connect on either my laptop or phone in the room, but after going down to the lobby I was able to log in on both. However, only the laptop continued to work in the room, and the connection often dropped. The signal seemed to be strongest in the lobby and the restaurant on the top floor and weakest on the third floor where my room was, but I didn’t want to change rooms and lose my beautiful view.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Ingrid T
Reviewed February 10, 2017

My room was on the second floor facing the street. It was so noisy, I hardly got any rest. We had no internet on any of our three days, although we continued to be promised it would be taken care of. This hotel is within walking distance of a lot of wonderful attractions. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends