“Amazing Food”

Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The most authentic cuisine from Puebla.A New York Times choice.World Famous Cooking Workshops available daily.
Reviewed March 12, 2018

Went to this restaurant with my in-laws in our visit to Puebla and I can say with 100% certainty that this was the best meal that we had. Everything that we tried was delicious. My in-laws are vegetarians and they had no problem ordering a vegetarian meal. My wife had the Robalo which I believe may be seasonal, while I had the "manchamanteles" with chicken and it was so tasty and delicious. I also found that they could make the agua de Horchata without sugar which is great as I had not found a place that had that option.

I definitely would recommend this restaurant to anyone that would ask me. The service was great and the food was amazing

Reviewed February 10, 2018

Our private (native speaker) tour guide, whom we respect, recommended this place for lunch, in part for the unique setting and live music, and in part because he thought the food was good. It is a pleasant unique setting, the live music was enjoyable, and the food was good, but the whole thing was spoiled by a very brusque, rude, impatient waiter (table #16 on Feb 4, 2018 @ 1606-1713 hrs) who refused to give us cloth napkins like every other customer including those seated before and after right next to us, insisting that we use the little paper cocktail napkins in a jar on the table, and lying that they were out of full size cloth ones even as he provided them to the next table seated after us. If not for the surly service, I would’ve rated this place 3-4 stars.

Reviewed February 10, 2018

Beautiful place, excellent service, and a real feel of luxury. Pricey for Mexico, but worth it as a special treat. I had the Manchamanteles which was such an exquisite mix of flavours.

As a tourist, they encourage you to have the Degustacion, which includes six courses and lots of different flavours. Personally, I wouldn't recommend it. There were lots of delicious things, but it's way too much food (if you get it, share between two people). And too many flavours - I mean, I think it's an overload.

But fully recommend the place!

1  Thank Saamah A
Reviewed February 1, 2018

The restaurant offers decent food at reasonable price. It was overall tasty (try the frijole soup). Service is very good.

Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

We were 5 adults and 2 children. The food was good but costly.The waiter took order but one order was completely wrong. The waiter said sorry and brought some Mecican sweets ,on a platete, to compensate waiting and his mistake. Then brought a box of same sweets as gift. At the time of presenting the bill we discovered eaten sweets on the plate are charged. When we refused to pay for the box he took back the gift box. He never smiled or said thank you. Don’t expect here Mexican simlicity but expect rude attitude.

1  Thank Ajit B