“Fantastic Chicken Mole Sampler”

Meson Sacristia de la Compania
Ranked #32 of 904 Restaurants in Puebla
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The most authentic cuisine from Puebla.A New York Times choice.World Famous Cooking Workshops available daily.
Reviewed June 24, 2018

Wonderful courtyard setting for dinner with attentive service. Highly recommend the chicken mole sampler with 4 different sauces. Each one had it's own unique flavor and was Wowed by the taste. The best mole we tried in all of Puebla during our visit.

Reviewed June 23, 2018

We were walking around downtown Puebla (called in Spanish "Centro Histórico") and ended up in "El Callejón de los Sapos" (Toad's Alley). We found this place, which is
quaint, cozy and with a very distinctive decor. It was the middle of the afternoon and very hot, so we decided to have a frozen Margarita, a Mexican cocktail with lime juice, sugar simple syrup and tequila. It was the best I ever had. The bar has a wonderful staff and service. We did not stay at the hotel but it seemed very nice and, above all, in the middle of the city action.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Recently we joined two friends for dinner because we had read great reviews about this restaurant. I must preface this review with the statement that we have been in Mexico in the last 3 years for an accumulated 10 months spent in many colonial cities, so we have a lot of experience with the cuisine of Mexico, which we love.

We were very disappointed because at least half of the dishes were way too salty. One friend could not eat her dish, quesadillas de flor de calabaza, because of saltiness. I ordered the menú degustación, in which at least half of the courses were too salty. We made the waiter aware of the overly salty food; no apology or amends were offered.

It was a very disappointing dining experience. The kitchen needs to get its act together.

Reviewed March 12, 2018

Went to this restaurant with my in-laws in our visit to Puebla and I can say with 100% certainty that this was the best meal that we had. Everything that we tried was delicious. My in-laws are vegetarians and they had no problem ordering a vegetarian meal. My wife had the Robalo which I believe may be seasonal, while I had the "manchamanteles" with chicken and it was so tasty and delicious. I also found that they could make the agua de Horchata without sugar which is great as I had not found a place that had that option.

I definitely would recommend this restaurant to anyone that would ask me. The service was great and the food was amazing

Reviewed February 10, 2018

Our private (native speaker) tour guide, whom we respect, recommended this place for lunch, in part for the unique setting and live music, and in part because he thought the food was good. It is a pleasant unique setting, the live music was enjoyable, and the food was good, but the whole thing was spoiled by a very brusque, rude, impatient waiter (table #16 on Feb 4, 2018 @ 1606-1713 hrs) who refused to give us cloth napkins like every other customer including those seated before and after right next to us, insisting that we use the little paper cocktail napkins in a jar on the table, and lying that they were out of full size cloth ones even as he provided them to the next table seated after us. If not for the surly service, I would’ve rated this place 3-4 stars.