All reviews business trip heated pool platinum ambassador head concierge big restaurant club room offer complimentary the mexican restaurant executive floor avenida juarez another guest room service great property bit dated other hotels downtown puebla nice restaurant
Reviewed January 1, 2017 via mobile

Spent my New Years' weekend at the hotel with my family.
The service was very good, every one is very attentive and supportive. Rooms are ok but boring. For the price I expected more modern rooms with more amenities.
The pool was great, it is an out door pool but with warm water so that is pretty good.
Elevators are limited in space and quantity. They are used by guest and staff so they get crowded and you need to wait a lot. The should really improve this.
The breakfast buffet is one of the greatest I ever tried.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
PedroArostegui, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2017

Dear Guest,
I want to begin by thanking you for your preference towards our Hotel for your holiday weekend. It's been a pleasure for us to have welcomed you at our hotel and we hope to see you once again very soon.
I would also like to thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We work hard everyday to turn our guests comments into ways to improve ourselves and we will gladly take yours into account.
Remember we are always eager to welcome you back with us, maintaining a strong promise of providing you with an unique experience for all your future stays at our beautiful hotel.
Thanking you once again, I bid you farewell.
Kind regards!

Reviewed December 26, 2016

Although it is a beautiful hotel, overall it is very dissatisfying, especially paying a premium price!
Cons: - advertised heated pool is actually closed and cold
- poor customer experience
- moldy and smelly rooms
- the worst Executive Lounge I've seen. Evening cocktails = a few beer and some peanuts, during the day there is not even a water in the Club Lounge
- location far from city center
- breakfast at the same "level" of the hotel, which is poor.
Pro:
- overall design

As a frequent traveler I do not recommend spending your money or points here (try the HI Express, new Hilton Garden Inn - much better value and service)

Room tip: TIP: Go to another hotel
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
PedroArostegui, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2016

Dear guest,
I would like to begin by thanking you for sharing your experience with us. Our most vital tool to achieve improvements will always be our guest's comments, because it's thanks to them that we detect our strenghts and opportunities.
We will gladly take into account your comments to improve our InterContinental Club and our Pool Area.
As you might know, to help keep the quality of our facilities, maintenance must be done to keep our facilities in the best shape, nevertheless, we will work harder to not make these a bother for our guests.
We thank you once again for your comments, and remain awaiting for your return to make you enjoy a true InterContinental Experience for all your future stays.

Reviewed November 17, 2016

Friendly and knowledeable staff, excellent accomodations, food in the restaurant is superb. Beautiful courtyard with all the amenities you could ask for. Very impressed, look forward to staying with the Intecontinental Puebla again.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
PedroArostegui, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing such kind words with us. It is always a great pleasure for us to hear back from our guests and to know about their experiences in our beautiful hotel.
We are always working to provide nothing but the best of the best, and your comments makes us see that goal is being achieved.
Remember we are at your service, so please do not hesitate in contacting us again and we will be glad to help you.

Reviewed October 28, 2016

This hotel is very well located, close to the down town and close to the highway. Service is good and great food, you can find 2 restaurants inside the hotel, one of them is Italian where you can find more international food and the other restaurant you can find Mexican food.
One thing that I don like is that hotel start removing the safety box in some of the rooms and this is a useful feature.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
PedroArostegui, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words. It's always a pleasure to receive this kind of comments from our guests. We always strive to offer the best services and facilities here at Puebla's City, and your comments makes us see that we are achieving that goal.
We hope to see you back with us very soon at this your home.
Thank you for your preference!

Reviewed October 20, 2016

This is a beautiful hotel for people who are not frequent travelers. If you travel a lot of business or pleasure you will probably be disappointed. I came in late and check in person was rude and unaccommodating (I requested not to stay on first floor). I have IHG platinum status and this was not acknowledge. I found out later from guest services she was supposed to give me a amenity package card that would allow me to choose a drink at the bar, a gift bag, or hotel points - but I was not given that.

The hotel breakfast was sufficient but I have been to lower rated hotels with much better selection. Service is poor in the breakfast buffet. They come to ask if you want coffee when you first sit down and that is the last you see of them. You need to flag one of the wait staff down to get a check (you need one even if you have a coupon for a free breakfast).

I struggled to get my air conditioner to function. I did not report it to the front desk so I can't complain it wasn't fixed. The a/c unit is an old fashioned wall mounted unit.

Furniture needs some refreshing (see picture).

I travel quite a bit in Mexico and one of the best things about travel in Mexico is the excellent service so it is puzzling to me why it is poor in this hotel. I think it must not be important to the management.

The experience has soured me on the brand. I like to vote with my dollars so I will focus non IHG brands for now.

Room tip: The hotel is built around a central courtyard where there is a pool. Outside views will be industrial due to area.
Date of stay: October 2016
1  Thank annlarsen2016
PedroArostegui, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Puebla, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2016

Dear Miss Larsen, I would like to begin by thanking your for sharing your thoughts with us. We believe it's thanks to the comments of our guests that we are able to detect our opportunities of improvement, and take them into account to achieve a better service within our hotel.
I do sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay, but rest assured actions are taking place to make sure these don't get repeated in future stays of you, or any other guest.
I assure you I will personally give a follow up to these situations, and I invite you to visit us once again during your future stays at the city so you can witness by yourself the improvements achieved thanks to your comments.
Remaining at your service, I bid you farewell.