All reviews rooftop bar front office manager bar los ceviche premier king chef jorge mezcal cocktails pastry chef hard product mexico city four seasons one bedroom suite well equipped gym executive chef stunning hotel restaurant and room service hotel experience
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I I thoroughly enjoyed our trip to the Rosewood this month. The staff is super attentive, and the property is just gorgeous. We didn’t visit the spa, and it was too chilly for the pool. However, they gave us lots of recommendations for walks, shops and sights. It’s not in the heart of downtown, but it’s an easy and very picturesque walk there. It’s also a short distance from the Fort of Puebla. So in that sense, it’s in a great location (and you can see everything from the roof). Our room was beautiful with notable touches like a pewter trays in the bathroom, thoughtful lighting and doors that certainly felt like antiques. Don’t miss the bar—it has a great view of the historic baths next door, a nice selection of Mezcal cocktails and delicious homemade cinnamon-infused water. We only had one night there, and I wish we’d had more. We’ve got two kids, who we left with family for our trip, and I’d say that was the right call for a place like this. While I’m certain they’d be quite accommodating, I’m not convinced I’d enjoy it as much if I had to keep an eye on my toddler.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ambpower
Management response:Responded October 26, 2017

Dear Mrs. Ambpower,

I sincerely appreciate your preference for the Rosewood Hotels. I am pleased to hear that you and your husband had an excellent stay during your recent visit with us.

Thank you for the time you took in writing us & share the warm attention you received.We are committed to making every guest leave satisfied of our hotel creating memorable experiences.

I hope to have the opportunity to serve you once again in a near future.

Manuel Leal.
Managing Director

Reviewed October 18, 2017

This is a beautiful new hotel that reflects all the well-known 5 star Rosewood qualities. Beautiful historic building updated with the most modern amenities. Beautifully decorated public rooms and guest rooms. Fantastic young staff. Friendly, professional and helpful. Absolutely will recommend to anyone going to Puebla.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Management response:Responded October 25, 2017

Dear R4290YLjohns,

We appreciate your preference for Rosewood Puebla and I am very pleased to hear that your overall experience at our hotel was a delightful one.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you once again in a near future.

Best Regards,

Manuel Leal.
Managing Director

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

First of all, the Rosewood property in Puebla is incredibly beautiful as well as being historically significant. The brand has managed to perfectly combine high end luxury with the charm of central Mexico. Secondly, the staff is incredibly accommodating. Whether you stay as a guest or not, check out Lavaderos. The staff- Antonio and everyone else- were very good to us, guiding us through an authentic Pueblan meal. Overall, I would highly recommend checking this property out!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded September 18, 2017

Dear Zach K,

We sincerely appreciate your kind comments. Thank you for visit our historical Rosewood property at the heart of Puebla. It is a pleasure to know that you have experienced our passion for the service.

We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

Stayed there for business, the rooms are very comfortable, service is outstanding, restaurant is very good but pricey.
There is one flaw, no business center, every time we needed to print something it was a problem!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded September 5, 2017

Dear K8Rdec,

I sincerely appreciate your preference for the Rosewood Hotels & Resorts.

Thanks for the time you took in writing us. We take our guest´s comments very seriously and I personally reviewed this situation does not happen again.

I hope to have the opportunity to serve you as you deserve in a near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 28, 2017

We loved the Rosewood Puebla! ALL the staff was attentive, friendly, and very professional. The front desk staff and concierge took care of every need including a requested room upgrade, two tours, and assisting my father's wife find the "tuna" fruit she wanted to share with us. The bellmen were essential in helping us with a lot of luggage. The cleaning staff is the best we've experienced. We were so happy at Rosewood Puebla we decided to stay an extra night to really enjoy the property and Puebla. For a very newly opened hotel we found the service to be impeccable.

We LOVED the architecture and decor of the hotel. We experienced three room types - Deluxe King, Puebla Double, and finally a One Bedroom Suite with Balcony. Each room was exquisite in its decor, layout, and comfort. We couldn't get enough of every single detail. The walls, the azulejos, the talavera, the towels, the tubs!, the linens, the flowers, the art, and the amazing comfort of all the furniture made us feel we were in a sanctuary. For those who love to experience luxury hotels Rosewood Puebla is a destination on its own.

We also enjoyed many of the facilities. We had morning runs in the gym overlooking the beautiful colors of Puebla. We enjoyed the pool and pool area with its magnificent views. Early mornings looking at Popocatepetl and Iztaccihuatl were serene experiences. Night views of the city were like being in a Christmas scene. We ate and enjoyed drinks at all your dining options - Pasquinel Bistrot, Cafe Azul Talavera, Bar Los Lavaderos, and the Rooftop Bar. Service at every location was top notch. We loved getting to chat with much of the staff. Francisco at Pasquinel gave us so much information on food, Puebla, and history of the site where Rosewood now stands. Luis at Bar Los Lavaderos helped introduce us to some interesting Mezcals, a delicious cocktail, and what we call "Mexican Pizza".

Rosewood Puebla is ideally located. We enjoyed daily walks around Centro Historico including visits to El Zocalo, Uriarte Talavera, and La Gran Fama. Claudia helped us arrange a fantastic trip to Africam and Bernardo helped us arrange a trip to Cholula.

We had an outstanding visit and can't wait to come back. We want to experience more of Rosewood Puebla and more of Puebla.

Date of stay: August 2017
Management response:Responded September 11, 2017

Dear Patricia L,

I sincerly appreciate your preference for Rosewood Puebla. I am pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay during your recent visit with us.

Thanks for the time you took in writing us & share the warm attention you received from our staff, definitely we are fortunate to have among our team such talented people.

I hope to have the opportunity to serve you once again in a near future.