“Great place for a good time with family and friends”

La Route des Vins La Paz
Ranked #36 of 831 Restaurants in Puebla
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a different business, with a different flavor surrounded by the best casual atmosphere , excellent service , the most extensive wine cellar with national and international wines and unsurpassed French culinary art . We invite you to meet up with the best wine with a friend or your partner, choose from a variety of dishes and be served in a casual and comfortable environment.
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

Very relaxed, great service and food. A very good option to spend time with family and friends. Try the Sofie beer, I loved it.

Reviewed January 6, 2017 via mobile

The setup and ambience is great, very nice welcome. Good menu and reasonably priced, great selection of wines. Very inconsistent dish quality. We ordered the two duck dishes, one was awesome, the other overcooked and tasteless. The head waiter, rather than accepting our comment, disregarded it and responded that there is no way to please everybody, other people surely preferred it that way. Getting an invoice for the check took several weeks with lots of phone calls... what a waste!

Reviewed November 17, 2016

Detail oriented place. The wine cellar is wide and the ambience is friendly inside or at the terrace. The only 'but' you may find is that sometimes the music is too loud and it makes impossible to understand people you are talking with.

Reviewed September 13, 2016

We were celebrating our anniversary; it was our first time at Puebla. Initial plan was to eat something typical (Mexican) but since was on a Sunday and most of the restaurants close at 6 PM we decide to look for another option, and we found it. The wine, the food and the service was great.
Coincidence happened!! We call 2 hours before for a reservation and once we arrived they took us to a super well prepare table, I don´t know how they knew that was our anniversary, 5 minutes later we realize, Another Alejandro was also there to celebrate his anniversary. They solve the situation in a very good manner and everyone was happy. We eat the traditional Onion Soup, a Fondue (Campesina), Crème Brule and a Pear pie, everything was delicious. They helped to choose the wine based on our preference and was great!

Reviewed August 13, 2016

It is time to return to this bad experience, namely how the manager of the restaurant reacted to my review. I visited this restaurant in May with my wife and four other friends.
1) The fact remains that this restaurant took more money from my card than what I had authorized. Plain and simple, I have the proof and my bank together with the card issuer already investigated.
2) One day after I learned that this restaurant took more money from my card (or stealed, if you wish) I called to tell them what happened. At first they tried to say that we didn't pay the tip (which is not true, we paid much more than we were supposed to pay). But even if we had't paid the tip, the restaurant has no right to set a tip by their own discretion, and even three days after our visit. This is something unheard of. How can they be so sure that we were satisfied there? How can be so sure that we would pay a tip equal to 20% of our spending? Because the extra money they stealed from me was equal to 20% of our total spending there.
3) When I called them and insisted that we also paid the tip (I was the only one to pay by card, the rest paid everything in cash), the person on the phone told me to give her my bank account number and she promised to send the extra amount back to my account. I gave her my bank account number right away and then was waiting if the amount appears in my account. It never did.
4) The manager of the restaurant, in reaction to my review/complaint (see below, in Spanish), says that he is very sorry and he apologizes and asks me to send my bank account number so they can return the money back to me. Of course I don't believe him and I guess it is very clear to anyone by now: because this is exactly what this restaurant already promised me but never fulfilled.
So again: this restaurant is trying hard to keep the face and to look very good and friendly here on TripAdvisor website. However, the reality is so different. Here, they apologize, say it was a mistake and promise compensation. In reality, they don't do anything, and definitely didn't send the promised compensation for the stolen money as they said they would.