All reviews coffee pods breakfast was delicious great location first floor beautiful hotel courtyard
Reviewed January 22, 2018

They were accommodating when I asked for a first floor room since I can't climb a lot of steps more than once a day. We waited in the adjoining restauarant which was excellent and the best part of the hotel. Karina was especially pleasant and helpful.
Even though I had read that they no longer charge for coffee pods, they did. I only had one but they charged me for too. After asking for the manager, they instantly found change for a refund; after telling me there was no money at the front desk. Location was good and breakfast was excellent. I would go to the restaurant for sure but not sure I would go back to the hotel.

Room tip: There is no elevator and there are a lot of steps to the 2nd floor.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2018

This very good Hotel is located right in the city center where you will be able to see the beautiful architecture of Puebla. I really enjoyed each meal I ate in the restaurant they have in here and the staff was super kind and friendly. I highly recommend this small and cute Hotel for either, vacations or bussiness trip.

Room tip: Book it in advance and enjoy their breakfast!
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Erick H, Gerente de Reservaciones at Descanseria Hotel Business and Pleasure, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Thank you, for your comment, we are so glad to know that your stay was great, we wait for you the next time that you visit Puebla.

Reviewed May 31, 2017

Beautiful and spacious rooms
Very good restaurant for breakfast and lunch
Staff super friendly
Walking distance to downtown attractions
No elevator. If you have trouble going upstairs ask for PB room
Reserve your room with breakfast. It's worth it!

Room tip: Eat in the restaurant, it is very good Breakfast is great!
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2017

This rather small hotel is located close to the heart of old Puebla. It uses an old building which has been fully renovated. The rooms are very clean and the staff quite friendly. A parking service is available.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Descanseria, Gerente de Ventas at Descanseria Hotel Business and Pleasure, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2017

Good day Ms. Catherine D.

I would like to greet you and to our sincere gratitude for having chosen us as your lodging option. It is a great honor for us to know that your stay was a great experience. As you mention our staff is constantly trained to provide only the best of services.

The hotel is housed in a stately mansion from the 18th century, which has been completely renovated to welcome travelers looking for practical, comfortable accommodation with quality and service at an exceptional price.

We hope to see you again soon in this your home away from home Descanseria Hotel Bussines and Pleasure.

Reviewed April 4, 2017 via mobile

We had four nights in the Descanseria. Evidently the name means "Resting Place".

Our room was comfortable and spacious, although it took a night to get used to the very firm mattress. It was quiet. There was a "split system" air conditioner that kept us cool, but it did not seem to bring fresh air in. The room could get stuffy.

Breakfast is a big plus. They do a standard Mexican menu very well and serve it with a smile. The desk staff were good, too.

There is not much colour about the Descanseria. We like the bold Red's and blues of Mexico and were surprised to be surrounded by white and muted grey.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Descanseria, Gerente de Ventas at Descanseria Hotel Business and Pleasure, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2017

Dear , thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Our guests’ experiences are always a great way of knowing our strenghts and weaknesses.

I´m glad to hear that your stay with us was a confortable and pleasant experience.

I’m sorry to hear you found your room was not for your total enjoyment and considered that had poor ventilation. If any of our guests have a special request, the only thing you have to do is let us know and we’ll do everything we can to solve them. in this case we could have offer you a fan.

I thank you once again for your time, and wish you’ll be back with us pretty soon!

Elsa Vargas