“Great Indian food in Puebla”
Review of Adrak House

Adrak House
Ranked #46 of 779 Restaurants in Puebla
Price range: US$11 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Description: "Spiritually Gourmet" Indian and Thai food. Modern interpretation of the Indian & Thai cuisine. We preserve the traditional cooking techniques of the east and give our own gourmet touch to the food we serve. Using the original ingredients from Asia, we aim to provide a modern and unique experience to our customers.
Reviewed 31 March 2017

No, this is not traditional Indian or Thai food. However, they do an awesome job of using local ingredients to make delicious Indian-inspired and Thai-inspired dishes.
The decor of the restaurant is gorgeous. Inside is perfect for a date, and out in front is perfect for a more laid back meal.
The service is outstanding, and some of the waitresses even speak English (no English menu however). There are MANY vegetarian options, but the servers don't seem to understand what vegetarian is, so look for yourself and ask about specific dishes rather than saying, "What is vegetarian?" because then you'll get just one or two choices, when in reality most of the dishes are vegetarian or can be altered to be vegetarian.
One word of warning: the bread they serve in the beginning (like an appetizer) has bacon in it. So if you're kosher or vegetarian, don't eat it!!!

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

... not authentic indian food. Adapt to mexican food - Puebla style (spices, temperatures of the food e. g.)

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

From Calcutta, India and new in Puebla, so decided to try this Indian joint based on the TA reviews, but my experience turned out to be a nightmare. The restaurant decor looks amazing, very chic and modern. However the food and service was equally pathetic. When I entered the restaurant and until finished my meal, I was the only diner there. However, apart from me being inquisitive about the restaurant food and the chef, the server didn't show much enthusiasm. I asked the waitress about lamb biryani, as I was apprehensive about the preparation of the dish. She mentioned that it's the most popular dish, so I ordered the cocktail drink maharana pratap and lamb biryani. First came the starters which had a very modern presentation, but flavour was very basic. Then my drink was served, which I must say was fantastic. Very good blend of the spirits and well crafted cocktail. Then came the biryani. What a disaster!! Terrible terrible. Firstly, the rice was undercooked (not rocket-science to cook rice I reckon). But then the flavour and the texture, seriously is very poor. It wasn't biryani, it was rice mxed with cumin powder and fried onions and meat. Left a very poor taste in my mouth. What a shame!! I even found onion skins in my biryani. Very unhygienic! But by that time, I was so underwhelmed, that I didn't even bother mentioning to the server; who by the way was busy gossiping with the bartender throughout my meal. I think the biggest mistake is offering the machine by which you can call the server to the table. With that, the servers were totally dependent on the level of service by the use of the device. No interactions, nothing! In the end, when decided to give up on the pathetic meal, the server came and asked my suggestions and I gave my feedback. She was apologetic and invited me to the restaurant again and I asked for the check. While swiping the card, she had the audacity to ask me whether I should give any tips. While I gave the general 10% tips, I was embarrassed myself how the server asked for tips! I am a good tipper, since I know how much hard work the servers put to make a living. But in Adrak, even though I gave the minimum tips, I didn't find any good reason that the server blatantly ask for tips. Pathetic food, atrocious service where the server was busy gossiping with the bartender rather than attending the only diner at the restaurant. Overall, not the value for money. The owner has spend so much money in the design of the restaurant, I wish she could have spend a little on a good chef. Because patrons come to a restaurant for the quality of food and the service, not the chic decor. Anyways, I have been living in Mexico for 2 years now, and I have definitely tasted better Indian food than here at Adrak.

1  Thank Subhankar_88
Pratosh, Propietario at Adrak House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Thanks a lot for taking the time to provide your comments. I understand your point of view and respect your opinion. I will make sure that the problems pointed out by you are taken care of ASAP.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

The flavors are great even do, India spices are strong the chef has found the exact mix to enjoy those flavors without upseting your stomach. The service was excellent and the prices are fair

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Delicious food, drinks and excellent service from staff! I recomend te chai tradicional and naan bread! Ver accesible prices!

Pratosh, Propietario at Adrak House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Thanks a lot for your valuable comments. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the experience at Adrak House. We are in a process of constant improvement here at Adrak. Hope to have you again soon :)