“Great little cafe with excellent home made salads and pastries”
Review of Ben's Flavours

Ben's Flavours
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We visited last week with my vegetarian daughter and her baby. Really enjoyed the innovative cuisine, all home made and very tasty. The selection of pastries was superb!
A very friendly welcome from the waitress who was very helpful finding a high chair etc. It was nice that our dog was also made welcome and given a treat too.

1  Thank NigelC47

Reviewed April 3, 2018

I found this place most unwelcoming, the waitress acted as though we were not the type of people they wanted in their establishment. I ordered 2 sausage rolls and explained they were both for my husband, she still brought out 2 plates with the sausage rolls and accompanying salad etc, again I said they were both for my husband expecting one sausage roll to be placed on the other plate. She just put both plates down and with a disparaging look walked away. I must say my husband said they were delicious and I enjoyed my chocolate cake. I think this place is very pretentious and certainly won’t return or recommend. Also quite pricey.

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Dropped in here for a sit down - had a take away cake or 2 before.
Had a great coffee and smoothie and the meringue and chocolate sauce with ice creme was great as well.
Lots of great ideas to choose from and some novel ideas as well which is good.
We will be back to try some more of the menu soon

1  Thank traveller123456277
Reviewed March 25, 2018

So disappointed. I have been here twice now and ordered eggs benedict and although they are beautifully made they have been cold both times! The strawberry and banana smoothie was bland and quite frankly disgusting. The meringue we bought tasted nothing like meringue. We also bought 2 pastries to take away and while the cheese and onion one was nice the corned beef one didn't have much taste to it at all. The decor is also not really inviting or in keeping with the style of food on offer. I feel bad writing this but after giving it a try for a second time i really do feel like i wasted my money. I think in future i'll stick with Caffe Lee over the road which also does eggs benedict but served hot instead of cold.

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Whilst visiting Lee on the Solent we decided to have lunch here. When we arrived it was not busy but quickly filled up with locals who clearly knew how good it is. There is an eat in or take away option and a very good choice of savoury meals both hot and cold and an impressive selection of cakes and pastries. Everything is freshly prepared on the premises. The waiting staff were very friendly and efficient. There are many eating establishments in this area but this is truly a bit special and worth a visit.