Asian Koh Kong Hotel
Koh Kong Resort(Koh Kong)
US$83
  • Pool
Mango Beach Resort(Khlong Yai)
US$77
US$134
US$90
99 Guesthouse(Koh Kong)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmini martflat screen tvthe riverrestaurant next doorgood sizelaurentwifitownkongkohhallwayfridgewardrobeborder
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 November 2011

This is a very lovley hotel located in a very nice position with excellent friendly english speaking staff. For $20 USD a night it was great value but this does not include breakfast but you can go to the hotels restaurant on the ground floor and get a great meal at little cost.
This restaurant is popular with the local business people so you know the food is of good quality. ( very busy )
Free wireless internet in rooms, just ask for the password from reception.
This was a very quiet,clean,coforatble and beautifully located hotel.
The room was very large and all furnishings were of good quality.
Two free bottles of water a day,T.V,small fridge,coffee table and chairs and our room had an outside balcony as well.
If you needed a tuk-tuk they were just across the road.
We stayed here for two nights and if we ever come back we would have no hesitation staying here again.
The staff at this hotel should be proud of themselves for providing an excellent service.

Room Tip: Just ask to see a room first before commiting to stay, to see for yourself just how good the rooms and hotel are.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank graeme_maria
Reviewed 11 October 2011

This is my first time visiting this hotel. when i first stepped in i was shocked as the cleanliness of the hotel. The hotel service it provided was also surpassed my expectations. I was showed to my room and the bellboy carried my lagguage to my doorstep. The bellboy was also very polite when i asked him questions.

When i first steped into the room. The room was very clean and again met my expectations. The room was also very spacious and there was wireless connection too. The wireless connection served a great deal for me as personally i am a smart phone user and with the free network it made surfing easy.

Moreover the cost of one night at the hotel was very affordable comparred to other hotels nearby. With great service, good quality network, clean rooms and lounge at a cheap price. I think this is one of the best hotels in Cambodia. I am awestricken at this hotel. Very pleased too. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Eugene S
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We have travelled a lot and this was by far the dirtiest hotel we have ever stayed at.
Rooms were covered in spiderwebs, there were spiders everywhere and even in the bathtub.
There were larvae or bug cocoons on the walls, on the floor and on the ceiling.
There were blood stains on the bedsheets and towels
We had the towels changed twice and they were all stained.
We asked for another room but it was as dirty as the first one.
We had booked a room with a seaview, from which you can have a better look at the opposite building than at the sea.
We left after one night and will never go back again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Grutinet
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We stayed in Koh Kong in low season and I would never go back at that time again. Nothing to do.. I know that doesn't have anything to do with the hotel but it's worth knowing. The hotel is clean, quite big and had decent beds. Only negative I could say about it is that its quite bland. Location wise it's at the beginning of Koh kong opposite a few hotels on the river. We paid $15 so good value but again the town has nothing to do in low season. Reception was kind but didn't have much to say. When we enquired about tickets to Thailand they couldn't help but told us to go into town to book there.

All in all ok but nothing to write home about

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank SW19_UK
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I don't know why there are so few reviews on this hotel, but it is an EXCELLENT value for your money! They have $15, $20 or $30 rooms. I don't think there is much difference between the rooms, so I would probably get the $15 or $20 rooms (I had the $30 - I thought it had an in room safe as someone had told me on the phone, but I think it was a miscommunication).

In particular, Linna Jo not only has excellent English, but was a WEALTH of information and is very nice.

If you are going to Koh Kong, this is one of the best places to stay. Its clean, and has a great location. Cafe Laurant is across the street (expensive) but yummy, and Bob's Ice Cream Place is down the street (excellent source of info from the expat community). Also, the Asian Hotel Koh Kong has a mini mart connected to it, so get everything that you need, AND it has room service from their restaurant downstairs.

I don't know if you can book the hotel online? I emailed them and they never responded, but I called several times (Skype) and finally got Linna Jo who set up my reservation without any problems. :) Remember, they don't take credit cards! Bring Cash ($USD is best). Asian Hotel does have a website. Also, if you are going to Koh Kong is "low season" (Summer) don't expect to be able to get to Koh Kong Island... nothing seems to run in low season.

Another great source of information is Paddy's Bamboo Guesthouse & Pub. He speaks great English, and is very fair about prices, as well as great food. I hired Mr. Han's Moto taxi, and he is a really safe Moto driver and very nice too (info in visitor's guide). There is a visitor's guide for Koh Kong, so ask your hotel about it - its got some great info in it and is made by a German man whose name starts with an "R" - I can't remember, but him and Bob hang out at Bob's Ice Cream place, and he is really nice too. He was kind enough to get me a beer and give me the local low down. :) Very kind people!

Some other people have recommended the Apex hotel, but I don't know anything about it. I loved the Asian hotel, because it had everything I needed!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo