Navi Mumbai (ie New Bombay) is not like New Delhi is to Delhi. It, New Delhi is basically the CBD of delhi, whereas Navi Mumbai is really not even in Mumbai, but a different city several kilometres away. This means the hotel is not convenient for any tourism in Mumbai. You should really only stay in Navi Mumbai if you are there for business. Having said that, Navi Mumbai is a fairly pleasant leafy area and you dont get hassled like you do downtown.
The hotel itself is pretty good. Calls itself five star, but lacks usual five star amenities such as a minibar. Otherwise, I had a room upgrade to a garden view room (there was not really a garden to look at, but a freeway, but still a pleasant outlook).
The hotel is clean and the room are an good size. The building itself is minimalist and not grand at all.
The staff were helpful.
The room was marketed as having free wifi, but apparently this is not available in the rooms as such. I was pleasantly suprised when this was rectified by the staff placing a router in my room for free. They did take several hours to do so, which was annoying.
The airport transfers offered are too expensive. They wanted (from memory) Rs 2600 from the airport. Whereas a prepaid taxi is about Rs 500.
The man at the desk talked me into getting a private taxi (ie not a black and yellow cab) to the airport at Rs 1,000 to avoid taxi scams/overcharging etc (which is common in india). I agreed to this because it was my last day in the country and I was sick of drivers off the street causing me grief. however, this driver tried to rip me off as well (ie demanded I pay the tolls when it was an all inclusive quote).
All in all, the hotel suited my purposes. Clean; quiet area and friendly staff with good english skills.
To imrove, the hotel needs to
- get wifi in all rooms
- set up a reasonably priced airport transfer system (even a shared minibus would be OK) as long as its no more than 1,000 Rs each way and there is no overcharging
- make it clear that Navi Mumbai is not really part of Mumbai (Im sure indians and businessmen know this, but tourists probably do not)
The room I booked was ma
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Navi Mumbai is situated in the thriving business district and IT hub of Navi Mumbai and offers ideal accessibility options for business travelers. The hotel's design is based on an open plan approach that seamlessly connects all sections of the building creating a unique and vibrant living environment. The hotel's after-hours entertainment options perfectly complement the city's much celebrated night-out scene with an array of in-house restaurant and bar facilities to choose from such as Aqua - the al fresco pool-side restaurant focusing on Mediterranean cuisine and barbecues, West 1 - a contemporary all-hours dining restaurant, Bamboo - a specialty restaurant offering authentic Sichuan & Cantonese cuisine and Dusk - the classy nightclub for those wanting to party into the wee hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Park Navi Mumbai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park Navi Mumbai Hotel Navi Mumbai
- Park Navi Mumbai Bombay