See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 3, 2016 via mobile

We have stayed here 2 times now. The first visit we left hotelito Swiss oasis as it was not what was advertized. The rooms here are clean, the beds however are so hard
It was like sleeping on a cement slab. Staff can be condescending at times. The restaurant is amazing. Food is good and fresh and the staff is great especially Liz who made friends with the kids.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2016

I have been to Olas Altas 4 times, the main reasons being the restaurant attached to it, its relative quiet despite the closeness to the main road, and the rather large swimming pool that I had more often to myself than one would expect. As others mentioned, the staff DOES NOT speak English, but is nice. Watch out for the very slippery tiles in the showers and bedrooms, I slipped one morning with my wet feet, crashed backwards onto my right foot and acquired a nasty total demolition of most bones in it. Years later I am still recovering and cannot wear regular shoes because of 3 screws permanently imbedded in that foot. There are NO DOCTORS in Zicatela, and the local pharmacist gave me Ben Gay (!) for my grotesquely swollen and black colored foot. I needed surgery in the USA. Twice. With rehab afterwards.

Room tip: rooms facing the ocean are the best
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2016 via mobile

A couple of us decided to do a ride to Puerto Escondido (from Bucerias). I had booked a double room with a roll-away request. Upon arrival (after 4 days on the road) we were told the room we had reserved wasn't large enough for the extra bed. The manager, Carlos, was called. He immediately handled the situation, changing us to a larger room, with no up-charge, and had a sleeper sofa brought in. That was just the beginning of a very enjoyable stay. The staff is excellent, accommodations more than acceptable (with comfortable beds) and clean. The pool area and grounds are immaculate and the laundry service is fast, efficient and reasonably priced. And above all (for motorcycle riders), the parking was secure. Will definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2015

We booked this place at the front desk the night before As we wanted a hotel right on the beach to surf as much as we could. The man took our details booked our rooms. The next morning when we arrived (4 of us carrying 3 surf boArds, 4 large suit cases) they refused to even look for our reservation details. We explained we had booked the night before here at reception but the manger (apparently her name is Marie) didn't even want to have one bar of it. She went on to try offering the rooms to us for more then what we had agreed on the night before and denied any trace of a reservation. I understand that paper work can be misplaced however these people did not even TRY to find it. They simply denied any reservtion at all!! The reception staff at this hotel are dishonest, lack integrity and honestly don't want to help you out if u need it. If you are someone who wants to stay at a hotel that has values, and will honour their reservTion, then I strongly suggest that you DO NOT STAY HERE. Their are plenty of friendly hotels that ensure your trip is spent enjoying the wonderful area. As a side note, we viewed the rooms before we booked and they were pretty basic and overrated. The one good thing about this place is the location. That is all.

Room tip: Stay someone else like next door!
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Hunimooners
Reviewed April 7, 2015

This is a very simple hotel. No luxury, no little details. However is clean and cheap. Great for the people that want to enjoy the nighlife in Zicatela. If you are looking for a quiet zone... this is not the place. Is sourrounded by bars and nightclubs.

Consider that internet service in Puerto is really bad. Not even with the hotel wifi you will get signal.

Room tip: Avoid the rooms with a view if you want to get some sleep at night... too much noise!
Date of stay: April 2015