See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 14, 2016

Love the maids. Super kind, friendly and helpful. Nice basic, clean rooms with fan or air conditioning. A few guests stay for months during the winter and find it a great little community. Downside is the many discos on the same street which are REALLY loud, and I mean it. Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights are noisy. They run until 5 am, especially the open rooftop disco on Saturdays. It really pounds. Vibrates the hotel. Earplugs won't help. Businesses have tried to have the volume lowered because they are losing patronage. Disco guy won't cooperate. If you want a quieter sleep, you're better off at the sister hotel Barlovento up the hill across the water. But you will still hear the pounding bass sound of the disco! 24-hour security at both hotels.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank micolerH411HU
Reviewed October 4, 2015

Very basic hotel, but can't beat the view and location. Clean room with a fan, tv, comfortable beds and a georgous view of the Playa Principal beach. We left our door cracked open when we were in our room so we could hear and watch the waves. Every morning my husband would get up and go down to the beach and visit with the local fisherman. One morning we bought fresh fish and took it to a local restaurant that cooked it for us!

Some negatives, but keep in mind this is common in the little hotels on the Oaxacan coast. Very small thin towels are provided for bathing with a personal size soap. No screens on the windows but they secured tight enough to where we weren't bothered with any bugs or mosquitos.

We definitely try to stay here each time we visit, but due to pricing sometimes we try other places that are cheaper.

Stayed: November 2014
Reviewed June 8, 2015 via mobile

This hotel has a small street frontage and can be easily missed yet it has many rooms and it's rear faces the beach. It is a spartan hotel yet clean, comfortable, and price is reflective. It has central location in the fishing village of Playa Principal and many shops and restaurants located a few meters away. Most nights the street in front of hotel is closed and vendors move onto the street to sell food, etc. Real pleasant atmosphere and substantially different than Zicatela although Playa Zicatela is about a 500 meter walk on the beach or a five minute taxi ride. I stayed over a week here and found I wanted for nothing. Very nice and helpful staff. I will return here when I visit P.E. again.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2015 via mobile

Friendly staff nice clean room. Recommended to go here. Bit older people than in other places. Good beds as well. Price is a bit high for the location maybe. The staff takes care of the hotel which means less privacy

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank psmile0
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week and enjoyed it. Here are my thoughts:

I first stayed in the cheapest room possible:
PROs:
-cheap, like...$25/night room + private bathroom
-very friendly and accommodating staff
-best location on the strip among the souvenir booths, stores, restaurants, and clubs (I thought this area was much better than the popular Zicatela tourist strip 5 min away)
-tiled, private bathroom
-two large Windows, partial ocean view
-beachfront property, located in front of the marina within full view of the principal beach in PE with large rolling waves. Beautiful.
-located at the bottom of the hill where the rest of "town" away from the tourist zone begins (cheaper restaurants and shops are always found outside the tourist strip). A short 5 min walk away.
-10-20 min walk from beautiful clear green bays, Puerto Manzanillo y Angelito.
-popular Zicatela surfer beach is a 5-10 min walk away from the beach of this hotel
- restaurant on site. I ate street food, so I can't comment on the food there.
- bar on site although I never saw it open.

CONS:
-no A/C, which I discovered is needed in PE in July. Hot, humid 24/7 like Cancun. The windows provided zero breeze.
-bathroom windows opened to the reception area (I could hear conversation all day and night)
-bathroom tile seemed a little grundgy
-shower was separated from the toilet and sink by a curtain that did not reach the floor, so much of the bathroom was wet by the end of a shower
-no pool on site
-weak Wi-Fi (as is common in Mexico)
- there's a club next door and one across the street so you will hear music thumping until about 4 or  5am. (You would have to stay somewhere more isolated from the strip to avoid this as PE is a party town)

When I upgraded, they gave me a suite which was more than I needed, but I loved it so much, I didn't want to change rooms and stayed for the week. It cost about $62/night.

PROs:
-A/C ! !  and mini fridge
- Large wood vanity, closet, chest-of-drawers
- corner suite with sweeping views of the courtyard/restaurant, marina, lagoon, and bahia principal beach. Wow.
-bottled water daily
-excellent and friendly maid service, changing my sandy sheets (inevitable when you swim in the ocean daily), and mopping the sandy floor
- Beautiful vase of lilies on the table
-another table and chairs outside the room in the very large hallway/balcony
- long, thinner balcony around the corner with beach views
-Large shower with frosted glass doors

Only Con - more expensive (but a great value for the money, I thought)

PRO/ CON:

+PRO - the staff is very vigilant here and security is tight. They know who the guests are and prevent others from entering from the beach. The reception area is locked at night with a security guard to open the gate for guests. Beach access is guarded by staff seeing the day and a security guard at night.

-CON - the staff is very vigilant here and security is tight. Lol. Your friends will not be allowed to accompany you to your room nor hang out with you in the downstairs patio (unless they are guests as well).

I loved it here and will stay again the next time I'm in PE.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android