All reviews zicatela beach no meat excellent vegetarian air conditioning small balcony four seasons extensive menu mexican hotel hotel grounds beautiful tiles quiet end loved this hotel pool side huge waves sea view the staff was friendly and helpful on site restaurant
Reviewed November 17, 2017

I agonised for weeks over my hotel choice in Puerto Escondido and finally settled on Santa Fe not sure if i had made the right decision........However, when we arrived I felt like I had landed in a lush leafy paradise......and was so chuffed with myself for choosing this hotel.
Location wise it's perfect.....You are right on Zicatela beach.....close enough to walk to the beach bars and the action but far enough away for it to be quite tranquil and quiet and chilled.
The hotel grounds, pool areas and restaurant are absolutely gorgeous.....lovely colonial style buildings with pretty tiling, surrounded with lush palm trees.
We paid a little extra for a pool view room, next to the lap pool, which was well worth it because although it doesn't advertise it it does have a sea view.
The front of the room has porch doors which open right out so you can lie on the bed and see the sea and there is a small balcony on the back.
Rooms have both fans and air con and you can open the doors front and back and get a lovely through breeze.
The maids bring you water but there is no fridge in the room......but they will keep refreshing this if you ask so this didn't bother us.....the bar is literally steps away so this was never a problem for us.
The bed was huge and comfy and we slept fabulously both nights.
The restaurant is lovely.....you can sit and have your breakfast overlooking Zicatela beach and the food we had was great every time.
They also do a mean Pina Colada!
The staff were really friendly and attentive and very helpful at every instance.
There are 3 pools...we only used two of them and both were really lovely and refreshing in the crazy heat.
They have a nice amount of sun and shaded areas which was nice for our pasty British skin!
The lap pool is supposed to be adults only but we did see a child in it one day but it didn't matter...the whole vibe of the hotel is very chilled out and there is lots of space for everyone to chill without feeling overcrowded by the other guests.
Most times I swam I was only sharing the pool with one or two other guests if that.
And the best part for me....as a crazy cat lady....is that there is a beautiful friendly tabby cat who comes and chills by the pool with you in the mornings.....he doesn't get in anyone's way and just finds a comfy place to snooze..... if you are a mad cat lady like myself he is more than happy to have a morning tummy rub so if you decide to visit please give him a stroke from me.
I read that they also have a pet iguana which I did see scurrying off into the dark one night but he's not as forthcoming as the cat!
We stayed for 2 nights and ate and drank there both nights and thought it was great value for money.....I am incredibly pleased that I chose Santa Fe over some of the others, having since walked past them on my wanderings around town......this place is definitely a cut above the rest and a lovely tranquil oasis.....I would go back again in a shot.
Back in the UK now and missing it already......Hopefully we'll go back one day.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the pool view and try and get a room overlooking the lap pool as these have a non official sea view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Carol W
Reviewed November 10, 2017

My partner and I spent 4 nights based at Santa Fe whilst exploring Puerto. The best surprise for my vegetarian girlfriend was the restaurant (open to the public as well as guests). It serves stunning authentic food without the need for meat - and as a meat eater, I didn't miss it! We love exploring the local area around where we stay... yet one day, we had all 3 meals at the hotel!

At the tail end of the rainy season, the hotel also provided a peaceful place to relax whilst waiting for the skies to clear. Both pools are lovely and you can recline on the top deck staring out to sea for hours, with a cold beer in hand.

Rooms were good - A/C for those that need it, ceiling fan for a gentle draft. Ideally located if you want to turn left for the beach or right for the town.

Stayed: October 2017
2  Thank BMTaunt
Reviewed August 25, 2017

My partner and I stayed at the Santa Fe for a week in August 2017 and we loved the place. It has a great layout and there are shaded spots everywhere to relax out of the heat of the Mexican sun. There are also plenty of spots to sunbathe with an amazing view of Playa Zicatela too, watching the huge waves smash the beach is mesmerising!

The restaurant is one of the highlights, a very extensive menu and every meal we had was tasty and of a generous portion. The restaurant also overlooks the beach and has plenty of space and ventilation so you dont get too hot, the waiters are also very attentive, efficient and polite.

There are two pools, one for screaming kids and one just for adults which is nice. All the rooms have air con AND a ceiling fan and so you can always retreat to your room if the heat gets too much, which it can in the middle of the day.

There are two pet Iguanas who chill out on a small tiled roof area near the pool and are quite happy to be photographed, they don't really move much and are quite safe.

The hotel also partners with the local tourist guides to offer pick up and drop off to all the local attractions, from baby turtle release to bio-luminescence tours.

I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: More expensive rooms are a little bit quieter, away from the kids pool, but noise is not a problem really.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jon R
Robin C, Director de Recepción at Hotel Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

The food is good, well prepared, the taste is good, the waiters are very nice and helpful and you have a nice view of the beach, which is very clean and cool.
Is family friendly and also have vegan options in the menu!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2017

Property has a beautiful, classic colonial design. Tropical impressive landscaping. Its location at the end of Zicatela provides additional privacy. Pools and restaurant also make it stand out from what I saw elsewhere in Puerto Escondido.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family