All reviews private kitchen king suite the main street sergio balcony pool escondido
Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

You always have to consider the price/quality ratio with hotels and this one scores very high. We especially liked the staff and the atmosphere here. Everyone was very helpful, also on thinking about trips and where to go.

The place is in a slightly quieter part of town but everything feels very safe about it. We could go out at night without any trouble. The room was nice and clean and the air conditioning was working well. You had to wait a bit for agua caliente but apparently it's already quite special to find a hot shower in Oaxaca. The pool has hammocks which is very nice.

Nice place, good value for money, recommended!

Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed January 5, 2017 via mobile

Great location, next to ATM and mini market, 10 min walk from el Adoquin street and main beach area. The hotel has many artistic details, rooms are clean and comfy. Very good staff service and reasonably price food. The pool and hammock area is great. We found a quiet atmosphere and our expectations were met.

Date of stay: December 2016
1  Thank drvoyageur
Reviewed January 4, 2017

After finding out I'm pregnant and having to cancel my Mexico vacation due to zika, I contacted this hotel to request a cancellation. I booked through booking.com and even though my credit card had not yet been charged, the hotel told me it was "impossible" and immediately charged my card. According to booking.com, all reservations can be cancelled without penalty as long as your credit card has not yet been charged. Knowing this, the hotel immediately charged me upon hearing I needed to cancel. In my view, this is bordering on fraudulent. Under the circumstances, I was able to cancel most of my multi-city Mexico trip without problem. This hotel was the only one that refused to be reasonable.

Date of stay: January 2017
4  Thank canadatravels537
HOTELPE, Front Office Manager at Hotel Paraiso Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2017

The costumer made a Non-Refundable reservation for January, the payment process was programmed for this month, as a non refundable reservation it has to be charged, we only have 1 Master Suite and we had to reject other costumers because it is reserved for them. Up to this moment the reservation is still confirmed in Booking, We talked to the representative in booking.com an offered to use their night for other time until the end of October and was rejected. We apologize for the incovinience but we have to apply the reservation policies.

Reviewed September 27, 2016

I couldn't ask for more from my stay. We had the master suite with a small pool on the patio, and it was amazing. The view was great, the separate kitchen came in very handy, and the service from the staff was always amazing.

The grounds are spread out and very cool, and the main pool is very nice. The hotel is located just steps from the main strip in town, just down the stairs from an Oxxo, and a quick taxi ride from Zicatela. Despite the town feeling very safe, they do lock the hotel gate at night if you're worried about security. My only small issue was that the wifi was weak in our room because we were on the top floor and well away from the lobby, but it was a minor inconvenience at best.

We had a great visit and I will 100% stay here again when I return to Puerto Escondido, which is a beautiful place.

Room tip: Get the master suite, it's worth the extra few dollars.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank BigTim78
Reviewed July 5, 2016

The rooms were very clean, it is conveniently located near restaurants, craft shops and the main bay. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. We got a room with ocean view and it was beautiful. The architecture of the hotel is rustic and very beautiful but the problme is there are not elevators or ramps.

Room tip: Rooms on the second floor have ocean view. There are no ramps or elevators.
Date of stay: July 2016