All reviews every morning the owner playa carrizalillo fresh fruit kitchen dining area other guests traditional mexican food quinta lili fish tacos benito juarez taxi ride turtle bay craft beer boutique hotel rooms are spacious home away from home master suite
Reviewed March 23, 2017

Staying at Villa Lili for a yoga retreat was a wonderful experience. Everything from the room (top master) to the staff to the food was great. Fresh fruit and breakfast prepared every morning poolside was such a treat. The villa is steps away from shops and restaurants, and a short walk from a glorious beach. The staff was kind and accommodating. I would highly recommend Villa Lili!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2017

Let me start by saying that I only rarely do reviews. I believe that if the sample size is small, it is very easy to have bad experiences at very nice places and great experiences at less than great places. Having spent 11 nights and 12 days at the Villa Lili in late January, I believe that my experience there was real and not a fluke. To me, it felt more like a B&B than a boutique hotel. I have traveled a lot over the last thirty years, both professionally and recreationally, and cannot say that I have experienced a more enjoyable and relaxing stay than the one at the Villa Lili.

My companion and I were in the upper level suite with the palapa roof and a world class view of sunsets. The place was spotlessly clean and neat. We lacked for nothing. The steps leading up to the room were a bit of a challenge for this soon to be 70 year old so I am not sure that I would choose the same room but I am glad I experienced it. The lap pool felt fantastic when we returned from the beach.

As noted by others, the breakfasts were phenomenal with freshly squeezed juice and ripe fruit every day. We were there for 11 breakfasts and never had the same one twice. They were filling enough that lunch was just a snack (meaning XX Special Lager, Mojitos and yes freshly shucked oysters at the beach.) Playa Carazalillo is about a 15 minute walk (30 minutes coming back) and a fantastic beach. 5 or 6 restaurants serve food and drinks there. The beach was the focus of our trip.

Villa Lili is located in a residential area just off of Benito Juarez Blvd. There are at least a half dozen real nice restaurants less than a 10 minute walk away. Villa Lili’s dining recommendations were “right on.” But you can get anywhere in Puerto Escondido from there for thirty pesos via taxi (about a buck fifty.)

Adelina was an exceptional hostess and made anything we requested happen flawlessly. The staff was very cordial and top notch. We are contemplating a longer trip next January to Puerto Escondido, and if it happens, Villa Lili will be at the top of the list.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marty-409
Reviewed February 13, 2017

We stayed at villa lili for three nights over new years. A lovely small hotel close to some wonderful beaches. We enjoyed our stay very much, nice rooms, cool view, awesome home-brewed beers at the small bar and lovely breakfast freshly made each morning. But the best was the exceptional hospitality of our hosts Luis and Adelina. They cooked a wonderful meal over new years where we joined them for the whole dinner, they gave great and customized tips for things to do in the surroundings and even went beyond great hospitality on how they arranged to transport our luggage to the mountains when our itinerary suddenly changed. I can't recommend Villa Lili more if you want a lovely stay in Puerto.

Room Tip: Upper floor blue room has great views and a jaccuzzi inside.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boudewijn G
Reviewed February 9, 2017 via mobile

Such a relaxed, comfortable, clean and affordable choice! Adelina and staff made us feel exceptionally special, and assisted us with everything from activity suggestions to Spanish homework help.
The hotel is well designed, with a unique pool and common area. We felt instantly safe, relaxed and calm. Come here for a different vibe; fantastic Mexican breakfasts, glorious sunsets with a glass of wine or mezcal from your room patio watching the sunset....
Ok, on a more practical note, no air conditioning, but it didn't matter even on the hottest days the ocean breeze took care of it. Comfortable bed, lots of space, great views,spotlessly clean, lovely people. Don't go here because then there will be space when we book for a month next year! Missing Villa Lili!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bradlinda
Reviewed February 5, 2017

Villa Lili is the sister hotel to Qunita Lili. We have stayed at both and they are both wonderful. Villa lili is bigger with a bigger pool and different layout of rooms. We enjoyed our stay thoroughly and the service and the breakfast is fantastic. Adelina and Alex and their staff go out of their way to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. The proximity to the beaches is fabulous and walking distance to restaurants as well or the city centre. We will absolutely stay here again with our dear friends Adelina, Alex and sweet Moritz.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple