All reviews la punta point break absolutely recommend this place teaching style place to stay learn how rooms are clean great house few steps great friends restaurants and bars private bath solo traveller the beach is great beautiful garden stayed for nights enjoyed my stay
Reviewed October 3, 2016

The place itself was spacious, social and filled with a great vibe.

The surf school is exceptional in my opinion. I've seen a lot of schools over the years (although I had never done lessons myself until now) and these guys are great at teaching at the right level depending on where you are in your surf skills. I will definitely be back one day!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

I visited puerto escondido with my girlfriend and we stayed in room 6 in Puerto surf house for five days, from the beggining of our stay we felt really good with our room, the house and the staff.

My brother stayed there with some friends a year back and they had only good comments about the house.
It was our first time surfing and the instructors were so friendly and patient, we thought 5 days was a short time to learn how to surf properly but we got the hang of it thanks to our awesome instructors.

We really reccomend the house if you want to learn how to surf or if you want to chill near a relaxed and quiet area of the town.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2016 via mobile

Pros
- The location in Punta is great, Punta is very chilled area which is why so many people have such a great time

Cons
1) No hot water, no bathroom door
2) Kitchen was dirty
3) room 4 private room (we stayed here) has mosquito nets but also has open holes in the roof, with no mosquito nets on them therefore the room has lots of mosquitos in it day and night. We were eaten alive.
4) mosquito net over bed has holes and lets mosquitos up the bottom
5) their dog barks all night and no one stops it. Don't expect to get much sleep
6) no one was there to check us in (we had to find our room ourselves) then when they did arrive, we didn't receive any information about the area, check out times, wifi password, kitchen usage... Nada! Hospitality is therefore not their strong point
7) no one checked us out, we just left, and no one was around... I'm not really sure they even knew when we were leaving

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed June 12, 2016 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I stay at Puerto Surf House and I have to say I am in love with this place . The hosts are super nice people, will help you with whatever you need and make sure you are comfortable at all times. The hammocks and the garden are a great place to relax after surfing. The instructors are amazing, very patient and encouraging so you can improve and take advantage of your stay in Puerto Escondido, we also got awesome gopro sessions on the surf board and the videos and pictures came out pretty cool. The surf house is right across from the beach where you can find great waves and many restaurants and shops near by. I loved every aspect of our trip and look forward to visiting again very soon! Thank you Neiser, Julio, Coco, Oscar for the most awesome waves!! Looking forward to coming back!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2016

went on my honeymoon - wife doesn't like to surf, I wanted lessons to get better. Stayed in the top room with our own lookout over La Punta. There was red wine in our room on arrival. The bed was huge and comfortable. The lessons we're exactly what I wanted: 8-10 every morning, 1-1 tuition, point breaks, lots of tips and pointers. My wife sat on the beach and read and then I hung out with her on sun loungers - eating amazing mango and drinking beer with lime juice in it until about 4pm when I went for another surf. Lots of good spots to eat in La Punta and on Zicatela in the evening.

I've stayed in other surf houses before in Portugal, Morocco, the UK - this one was the best

Room Tip: top room is epic
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple