See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 1, 2017 via mobile

Terrible service! Very rude front desk manager. Hotel has a huge WATER problem! Showers are terrible, and hot water supply is very limited! When asked for help to solve the WATER issue they said that all the hotel had the same problem and they couldn't do anything about it. They also didn't offer anything in return to compensate! DO NOT OVERSPEND ON THIS HOTEL!!!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2016

Went there on December and got one of the suites for myself; given the very small price difference with the standard, you get double space and much more comfort.

Simple and neat hotel, good maintenance with some brand new rooms, small pool, and very friendly staff. Food is ok in general, do not get your hopes high on elaborated food (as in Zicatela in general).

I would certainly return to this place if back to Zicatela.

Room Tip: Go with the biggers rooms, double comfort on a small price difference
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fernando M
Rockaway H, Marketing at Hotel Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2016

Dear Guest!

Thank you for leaving a comment, it has been a pleasure to serve you, we hope you come back soon to Zicatela and stay with us.

Hotel Rockaway

Reviewed May 19, 2016

I was delighted with my stay at this spot on Zicatela Beach. The property is well designed and well maintained. It was very clean inside and out. Everything worked well except the WiFi. I complained to Reception but was told that it was standard for Puerto Escondido. He said they had some guest computers connected to the Internet by cable that I could use but I just suffered on. The included breakfast was a substantial spread, enough to carry one through lunch if you went down later. All the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2016 via mobile

Having just travelled with friends to Puerto Escondido, I had an amazing, diverse experience at the Hotel Rockaway. The Rockaway combines the perfect balance of contemporary hotel amenities with a Central American vibe. The staff were courteous, professional, and also knowledgeable about the local area, which was helpful for a few daily tours and activities.
Our room was clean and modern as was our entire hotel experience. The only drawback for me (not my friends) was that The Rockaway is located in a touristy part of town. I love the wide array of restaurants surrounding it and close proximity to the ocean, but prefer to be off the 'beaten path'. Fortunately, this area is still not too crowded as Puerto Escondido and the Rockaway are hidden gems.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank CoachGurney
Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

Amazing hotel. Beautiful rooms and bathrooms. I was so relaxed there. Hotel may not have a beach view but when you are a few steps from the beach it's not an issue. Very friendly staff. Hotel is very clean. Couple of clean cool pools available and a small collection of shops. Also there's a spa and tattoo shop available. I can't wait to be back one day

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple