All reviewsla puntafresh water poolgorgeous groundsswimming poolstayed for two weeksbeds were comfortablepalm treesnice poolmake you feel at homeyogakitchenparadisepuertooasischlorinecompoundocean
Reviewed May 1, 2018

I recently stayed at Casamar Suites Hotel and I am so very glad I did. I found it to be very comfortable and quiet. I loved the chlorine free, copper ionized pool. I also loved the staff who were extremely welcoming, helpful and kind.. 5 star service!! Casamar is situated just a short walk to the thriving little surf town of La Punta on Playa Zicatela. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank 4321llisa
willsawyer, Owner at Casamar Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Thanks so much for your kind review. We're happy to know you loved the chlorine-free pool, so much healthier. We're also glad you loved the staff's attention.
We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 17, 2018

Casamar Suites is an Oasis within the La Punta area of Zicatela Beach. The grounds are pretty and the staff are wonderful. The rooms are nicely appointed and very clean, and the pool is inviting after the day at the beach. One should keep in mind that parts of Mexico like Puerto Escondido are charming rather than luxurious, so the area won't appeal to every type of traveler. Casamar Suites was easily the nicest hotel in the area and perhaps is all of Puerto Escondido.

The beach nearby has Waves which our 13, 14 and 16 year old boys loved, but smaller children would likely find them too big. Just down the beach you can rent chairs and umbrellas for cheap, and they bring drinks and food all day long. Daniel would see us coming and always had a cold drink and warm smile for us. And there are plenty of good cheap restaurants within walking distance from Casamar Suites and the beach.

Taxis are both cheap and plentiful, so there was no need for a vehicle. You can easily travel to any restaurant for 40 or 50 Pesos, which we did every night. A favourite was FRESH right on Zicatela beachfront. And for those that prefer to use the kitchen at Casamar Suites there is a fully stocked grocery store in town and the local stores have basic supplies and beer.

Rabi from Casamar Suites recommended the Bioluminescence trip (I was a little skeptical) but it was really really enjoyable. I do regret not getting up earlier each morning for the surfing just down the beach which ranged from intermediate to advanced waves.

Travel tip: we flew into Huatulco and choose to take the Bus into Puerto Escondido which was both really cheap and relaxing. It's a two minute walk from the airport, arrives 10 minutes after the hour, and costs less than $5 per person.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank BJHfromVancouver
willsawyer, Owner at Casamar Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

Thank you for your kind review. We love it that you appreciated the location of Casamar in La Punta, a short walk from the beach. We are glad to know you liked our destination, Puerto Escondido, which as you comment, is an authentic Mexican destination.
We're happy you were able to walk to the nearby restaurants and glad you took Rabi's advice to see the bioluminescence. It truly is a unique experience. We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed March 21, 2018

Disclaimer: I did not stay at this property but they allow outside guests in to attend yoga and water aerobic classes. I'm writing to RAVE about the instructor of both of these activities. Nora is a lovely young woman who I looked forward to seeing each morning for class. She's bright, knowledgeable about her teaching/craft, generous and caring. She kept the classes interesting and as a newcomer to yoga, I learned a lot and felt wonderful after each class. Based on my experience with Nora, I am looking to continue to practice yoga at home.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
willsawyer, Owner at Casamar Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Thank you, Suzanne, for sharing your experience in Nora's classes. She is truly a talented and enthusiastic teacher, always on the path of learning more. We offer complimentary classes to our guests and classes with a fee to the community. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 14, 2018

This is a beautiful place to stay, the staff is very welcoming and knowledgeable of the different activities in Puerto Escondido. It was my third time at Casamar and I sent some friends there and everybody felt safe and welcomed.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks so much for your kind review, Antoine, and thank you for sending your friends. We are glad you all enjoyed the atmosphere and appreciated the safe surroundings of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed March 8, 2018

This was our 4th visit to Casamar suites, and again we were not disappointed. Our room was comfortable, staff was accommodating and friendly. The staff are always making improvements to the property - we are always amazed at the quality of the work. We enjoy the activities offered to guests: yoga and Aquafit. The meet and greet gathering each week is a wonderful way to get to know all the guests and the staff! We will be back!

Room Tip: All of the rooms at Casamar have their own special charm.
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks, Bev, for your kind words. We appreciate your visit and love to hear that you will be back again. We are happy you enjoyed the complimentary yoga and agua gym, our caring staff and our weekly gathering to meet other guests and friends and neighbors of the hotel. It genuinely is a good way to get to know more about Puerto Escondido.