“Beautiful resort, friendly people”

Club Med Ixtapa Pacific
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Ixtapa
Reviewed 24 September 2017

We visited Club Med Ixtapa last week, during the off-season. With a small group of guests, all the GO's worked extra hard to make sure we had a great time. The Club Med model of providing fun new experiences and activities in a beautiful setting has terrific appeal for families with members of all ages. Traveling as a couple, it was also great to have a variety of choices for things to do that interested each of us. We did archery, tennis, kayaked, snorkeled, bocce, tequila tasting (!), fitness, table tennis, juggling, aquagym, and of course lazied around by the beach and pool. The shows were terrific fun and the food, as always, was delicious and plentiful!

Special shout-outs to our new friends Sai, April, Laika, Alex, Tammy, Emiliano, Juanito and Tonio, and to the sound team from my boyfriend, Club med artist Dominic - thanks Miguel, Arturo and Fred!

We hope to see you all again sometime soon!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OnePageTurner
Club Med Ψ, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

We are so pleased that your entire family loved their stay at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific. We are glad that you loved all the activity offerings and were able to stay active and relax. We hope to see you back soon! - The Club Med Team

Write a ReviewReviews (3,053)

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We have stayed here twice now. The value for your money on the off-season is excellent. Food is beyond anything I've ever eaten at any other hotel-EXCELLENT!! Shows were good. Kids Club is great for kids and I always feel very secure and safe leaving my 5 year old at Kids Club. Parents get plenty of rest while kids are having a great time, too. The only negative is the quality of the drinks. They contain almost no alcohol and taste nothing to what you order. A few times I asked the bar tender to please make my drink a little stronger and they did not. Recommend you bring your own booze to "fix" your cocktails or buy a bottle of good wine for the duration of your stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Club Med

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you loved your second stay back and that you were impressed with the value and that you enjoyed the food. Hope to see you back soon! - The Club Med Team

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We paid a premium to stay here part of our trip because I was told on the phone they had restaurants and there is always something more than buffet. When we checked in we were told only buffet would be open except for tomorrow dinner (we are staying 5 nights). We also paid for an ocean front room and were shocked when we got to our room how dungeon like it is. It is very dark and small. The ocean view is mostly obstructed by a tree and is only a small window which is maybe 3 feet wide.

We just thought this isn't going to be a good stay so let's just get our money refunded and we will stay somewhere else. The front desk told us we could fill out a form and wouldn't find out for a week or two if we would refunded. So we should just gamble? We were very disappointed.

Let me make it simple. We paid 260 a night for this place. Before arriving here we stayed next door at the Azul Grand for 190. Azul Grand is luxury while this place is old and dated. We were promised non buffet food but we're left with hot dogs and hamburgers. Very sad we came here instead of staying at Azul Grand the remainder of our trip.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Club Med Ψ, Customer Relations at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear skitjski,

Thank you for your review. We apologize your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We want every guest to have a fabulous and memorable stay with us. We thank you for your feedback as this helps us improve at what we do. Rest assured your comments will be shared with management to review and discuss improvements. For further assistance, please contact our Guest Relations department at us.guestrelations@clubmed.com at your earliest convenience. We would love to host you again at any of our amazing Club Med resorts and give you the vacation you expect and deserve.

Best regards,
Your Club Med Team

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I booked our first Club Med vacation based on my sisters rave reviews of her experience in Ixtapa 5 years ago with her then, younger kids.

This was our first proper vacation since my 4 year old was born so I wanted it to be special and I figured with the amazing kids club that I had heard so much about, it was worth paying the higher prices for Club Med as oppose to any other beach front hotel without these facilities.

Unfortunately, my son was the only child in the Mini Club which was extremely disappointing as we wanted him to have fun with other kids. I knew I was booking off peak, but come on people not all kids age 4 go to school!!

My husband and I didn't want to leave him in a kids club without kids, so we kept him with us for the majority of our stay. Advice to families wanting an 'active' kids club - don't go off-peak! Kinda pointless.

Most of the people who worked there were outstanding and really made us feel welcome; especially Alber who was in the main restaurant, my son loved him - he was very kind and went out of his way to help us. Rafa, Tammy, Alex, Leyka, Jesus, Fizz & Felix, all amazing friendly people. Also another lovely GO who helped me with my trapeze jump - unfortunately I can't remember her name, but she was brilliant!)

We had an unfortunate experience with one 'GO'; Mauricio - he had a very bad attitude and chip on his shoulder - he didn't want to help my son try the Trapeze, but reluctantly did as my son was determined to try - just shocked as to why you'd be in a job working with kids/adults if you didn't want to help?

One tip if you're planning a trip, if you're taking carry on luggage only, make sure you buy travel sizes of sunblock/conditioner/lotions and potions etc!! We changed our mind at the last second and took carry-on which meant my sunblock etc had to be left behind. I figured I'd buy some at the resort - i knew it would be a few bucks more, but they that was to be expected... I paid $16 for a tiny sunblock spray which would have cost about $6 in Target.

Overall a nice stay but I wouldn't have booked Club Med if I had some insight as to the lack of kids in the kids club as that was the only reason for booking here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank PQOTD75

We are so pleased that your first Club Med experience was an amazing one! We are happy that you loved our G.Os and your overall experience. Your feedback about the Children's Club is greatly appreciated and will be taken into consideration. Hope to see you soon! - The Club Med team

Reviewed 18 September 2017

If someone is looking for a luxury resort, this isn't the place for them. But, with that said, this is a great moderate resort with a lot of authentic touches to make for a fantastic stay in Ixtapa. I was there last week during low season so the resort was pretty quiet, but I know they have a fantastic kids club with a very hands-on approach to nurturing the young ones. This resort has so much to do....tennis, archery, trapeze, soccer, zumba, yoga, water aerobics (I got suckered into that one!), ping pong...just to name a few.

The entertainment was very...amateurish. But that's kind of endearing at the same time. Being less polished can actually draw in the audience more. I really enjoyed the big pirate production. I could tell they worked very hard on this and they did a great job!

I stayed in the Iguana Building. The room was huge, plenty of space for a family of 4 or 5. Loved the soaking tub and the sliding doors to make that part private. The AC worked great....and we needed it! This building is appropriately named as there are a couple dozen iguana that live close by. It was amazing to see them scrambling for food or just frozen in place as you walked by. One time I was by myself and wasn't quite comfortable with how close they were to the walkway so I turned around and went the long way to my room. Other people wouldn't have had a problem with that.

We went to Ixtapa Island for a day, booked the water taxi at the resort (about $15USD). They will take you to one of the restaurants over there. They drop you off at the swimming beach, then you can walk through the restaurant and come out on the back side where there's a nice snorkel beach. I even had a wonderful massage upstairs for about $23USD. It was a great day.

I didn't particularly care for all the beach vendors that swarmed when you arrived. In fact, it drove me back up to the pool. But I know that's life in Mexico.

All in all, this is a great resort. It's not a new resort so you need to go in with realistic expectations, but the staff (GO'S) is wonderful. They are what makes this a wonderful vacation resort. Your kids would be very well taken care of so you can enjoy your vacation too. I definitely would recommend a stay at Club Med Ixtapa.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kim U
Club Med Ψ, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you for your review. We are so happy that you loved your vacation with us and were able to stay active while finding time to relax. Your comments and feedback about your stay are greatly appreciated. Please come back soon! - The Club Med Team

Reviewed 15 September 2017

We've been to Ixtapa Club Med before (you can see prior review) and this was our second time, this time with a 11 year old and 17 year old who sings (and got to practice on the beach), and all of us in dire need of a vacation. Club Med delivered once again! We had an amazing time. Unlike our first winter trip where the water was warm but not too, the water was absolute warm, soft waves, perfect. It was so clear that one could see fish swimming without goggles between one's toes, like in the Caribbean. If anything, we had even a better time than before. Juju is a fantastic Chef and clearly engages in all aspects of the resort, like the best camp director you ever had. His performances in the shows make it that much greater since his having such a great time (and getting silly and laughing) rather allows all of the guests to do so, too. It's fun to feel like a kid again: every minute of every day was fun and delicious. People who would prefer the quiet of a regular hotel might like this less, but for those who want to truly relax, let loose, have fun, eat fresh veggies and fruits and fantastic Mexican food, watch kids play, do yoga, and enjoy activities, this is the place!

I have to give shout outs to the people who made our trip great, noting that anyone I excluded might only have been so since I did not encounter them; I have no doubt that every GO was superb. Props to Kevin, Charlotte, Tammy, Felix, Mauricio who kept our kids safe on the trapeze and let them join in the show (including my 11 year old with his very first catch!), Rafa, Tonio, Sydney, Juju, Jill and all the GOs who make it fun to go to the shows and see them in their dual capacities, John and Fizz who looked out for the kids in the ocean, Emiliano and April who made land sports festive, Mao who gave me every day a yoga class better than the one before and was a fabulous teacher, Tanya whose smile made every meal a joy with her team including Laura, Maria, Noemi, Alber, Alberto, Juan, Jesus, Maria and Jonathem who were fantastic photographers (I am glad I got the pictures), Antonio who is a most gracious host on the beach with drinks, and Alex and Roxy who made our son's trip and time at the club one he will absolutely always remember. Thank you Club Med Ixtapa for making our vacation fantastic. Time with family is rare, these kids get older each day, but memories of our holiday will stay with us into the future.

Room Tip: Iguana building is great; there are real iguanas and other wildlife everywhere!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank manyadm
Club Med Ψ, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

We are so happy to hear that your second trip back to Club Med Ixtapa Pacific was better than ever. We are glad that your children were able to stay active while you could find some time to relax. We hope you come back for years to come. See you soon! - The Club Med team

Reviewed 15 September 2017

In late Aug my father and I took our yearly father-son trip to Club Med in Ixtapa, Mexico.
As someone who values family time, it was very important for me that my pops was comfortable and happy throughout the trip.
Not only did the Club Med Ixtapa team make it a fantastic trip all around, but they also made my father and I feel at home...which is priceless.
Great experiences at resorts most often are linked to great management. We were both genuinely impressed with how the managers of the Club (Tonio, Juju and Nathan) made sure to get to know each guest, checking in with us frequently throughout the day. Tonio seemed to be everywhere in the resort, and you could tell by the way he interacted with us and others that he is truly passionate about his work, taking pride in the satisfaction of the guests. The special attention they all gave my father really made a huge difference in his level of comfort throughout the trip, and at his age comfort doesn't come easy.
The bar team was on point and did a wonderful job meeting guest demands throughout the day. My father mentioned to me that Lala was one of the nicest bartenders he had ever met and felt she really went out of her way to make his trips to the bar engaging and fulfilling.
In the restaurant we were really impressed with the quality of service. Pepe, the restaurant manager, would appear instantly throughout our meals to make sure we had everything we needed and his staff seemed well trained and conscientious of each of our needs.
It's always difficult on vacation when the weather is not ideal, mostly because it is out of anyone's control and can effect the overall ambience of the guests. The GO team in Ixtapa went to great lengths to ensure that the guests were happy even with the inclement weather. My father was impressed with how quickly the team would take down equipment when it started raining and transition to a dry location within moments. I have to tip my hat to Sydney who seemed to be working quickly to get things set up and yet always took the time to say hi to my father and check in with how he was doing.
The sports team was great, definitely think Simon manages the tennis activities well so a big thank you to him for always being present when the weather was so unpredictable.
The shows were very well directed, and you can tell in almost every show that the new choreographer was truly passionate about her work.
My dad loved the circus team. I think he was in awe at the way the circus acts were mixed into every show and production in the bar. For a young team, they did an excellent job with each number.
Overall, the experience was memorable. My father left Club Med Ixtapa wanting to come back and I felt happy to have had such a great time with him with an incredibly great GO team. I recommend this resort to anyone looking to have a great vacation with their loved ones.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Luke J

Thank you for your kind review. We are so happy to hear that you and your father were able to relax and make lasting memories together. We are pleased that you felt right at home with us. Please come back soon. - The Club Med Team