3,504 results
All reviewsiguana buildingchief of the villagefamily vacationcircus teambeach boysol suitesjean marcwhite nightflying trapezecrazy signsfitness classesland sportsbaby foodmain restaurantluna azulsports activitiesmusic factory
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We just spent 1 week at Club Med Ixtapa celebrating my in laws 50th wedding anniversary. I have been to a number of Club Meds and this is the best by far!!
We were a family group of 16 including 6 x 40 somethings, children aged 20 months to 10 years old and parents in their 70's. The food was fantastic. A great time was had by all.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2010

Club Med Ixtapa is a jem! My family, which is composed of my husband and two kids ages 13 and 10, and 10 other extended members, have spent Spring break there for three years in a row. Everything about the resort is exceptional, from the amazing food (thank you Executive Chef John Black) to the neverending activities and friendliness of the GO's. The shows are awesome and entertaining and the kids enjoy being part of them. Specifically, there are certain staff members who made our most recent trip the best yet, including Luis and Richie in the water sports center, Hayley in the kid's camp, and Federico and Audrey in the circus center. They were friendly and made us feel like we were in second home. You can't miss with this vacation. If you have kids, book now for next year!

Reviewed April 4, 2010

Just returned on April 3 from a week at the hotel. It is important for anyone traveling there to be aware of a large and continuing outbreak of an intestinal virus. It was very evident on Monday, March 29 that many people were ill. I spoke with people at the infirmary and in management and asked them to at least have people use an antibacterial cleanser before entering the dining room. Five days later they still claimed only 25 people visited the infirmary. At that point almost every family experienced this illness. It still continues as 500 or so new residents arrived on April 3. At the airport and on the airplane, people continued to be ill, with some new cases on the plane, and the remainder of our family getting sick after arriving home. I feel that the Hotel acted irresponsibly in dealing with this. Their only concession was on April 1, when they placed a card on the dining tables suggesting people use the antibacterials before entering the dining room. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed April 3, 2010

Through March 27 through April 3, me (13, Michael), my parents, my 10 year old sister, my 12 year old cousin, Josh, my 9 year old cousin Kyla, and my 6 and 4 year old cousins, Gabe and Samara, all their parents, and my grandparents, traveled to this particullar Club
Med. This is our third year going there and it's still amazing. The food is great, and even though the buffet is hard for me to eat every meal at, its good. Luckily, their are two other restaurants, the Miramar, which serves all three meals, and the Luna, mainly dinner. Unfortunately, the Luna was closed because of a large group that rented it out.

for the amazing staff that made the trip great!

Eduardo, the chief of vilage- Eduardo really did a great job, always made sure our family was doing great. Any problem we encountered, he fixed. He's great too because he can translate into many languages.

John Black-the head chef- john black was like Eduardo, always checked up on us, made sure we were great. He lent us 2 of his boogie boards to use, was great with all the meals.

Watersports team-Luis, Richy, Rico, Salome- You four mostly made the trip for me, sailing was one of my favorite things there, and you all made it happen. The sailing race, letting me and my crazy cousin go out alone on the boats, that took guts and trust, and you all had it. Also, a special thanks to Luis, he's been there all the times we have and he has treated us great. He's really cool.

Circus Team-Kris, Cel, Federico, Audrey, and i think his name is Rodrigo- another one of my favorite things there, the second group of the three that made the trip for me. You five really know what you are doing, and the circus show rocked. Kris is a good poker dealer too. Audrey ate dinner with my family one night and was very nice. Federico trained my sister to do the silks for the circus show, and he seemed great. I never really talked to the others, but they were great.

Last but not least,
The Juniors group leaders= Hayley, Beto, Jona- you three were the last group that made it for me. You were all great and very friendly. Hayley and Jona we saw in the bar a few times, and you are fun to hang out with. Hayley and my mom and my aunt rlly got along, and she was great.

Thanks to everyone at Club Med, i didnt get the chance to learn everyones name, but you were all great.
Oh and one more shout out, to the DJ, Eden. He was great.

Thanks again

1  Thank tavelermtk123
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Not having been to a club med since we had taken our children years ago, we were a lttle nevous about taking our daughter and grandchildren. Never should have wasted a minute on that thought. From the moment we arrived, until the moment we left it was pure bliss. Our grandchildren ages 5 and 7 had free run of the hotel and grounds and were comfortable, confident and safe as they met other children in the camps, beach or dining room. The GO's were 90 in number and represented 27 nationalities--which our kids(and we) enjoyed. The food was out of this world, every single meal, every single morsel. We are organic foodies with one vegetarian, and we were so pleased with the selection, presentation and quality of every platefull!!!Choice of six different house made ice creams every meal put it over the top!! The beverage choices were also wonderful, and although the alcohol was all free and plentiful, we never saw anyone who had overindulged.
We were able to get time alone on the beach to read and just relax staring into the beaufiul waters of the Pacific. The kids met us joyfully in the dining room--each serving themselves and enjoying the fact that they could select themselves what they wanted to eat from the varied buffets.
Although there were a lot of people here, we never felt crowded--we met lovely people from Canada and mid western States who we would never have met otherwise. The whole feeling was that of a well run village with your every whim taken care of most discreetly. The guests were all a happy group--and happy to share their pleasure of having picked Club Med as a vacation spot for their families.
It exceed our every need and every expectation.WE were so sad to go home.
I would also like to add that the whole experience (and the condition of the property and the grounds) exceeded our stays over the years at pretentions four star vacation hotels in Hawaii or other spots in Mexico.Club Med attracts a unique vacationer--- I would not recommend this Club for people who are children phobic.--but would recommend it to anyone else. Go and see for yourself.....