3,562 results
All reviews iguana building chief of the village family vacation circus team beach boy sol suites jean marc white night flying trapeze crazy signs fitness classes land sports baby food main restaurant luna azul sports activities music factory
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I just got home from one of the best vacations I have ever had: this was my first time at a Club Med and I- as well as my family-are sold.
My parents treated us to this trip for their 40th anniversary: we were a total of 17 people, including 8 children (age range: 9 months to 9 years). All of us had fun, from the baby to the adults. The GOs are wonderful : they are all really sweet and make you feel so special.
We were in a family room and the kids loved having their own room and bathroom (and us parents too!). The beds were comfortable, the amenities were nice and the housekeeping does a great job every day (and they give you as much bottled water as you request!). The little shop is great in case you run out of sunscreen (which we did) and need some new shirts : Isa and Esteban are great.
We spent most of our time in the water, ocean and pool: my favorite was the aqua gym class of Mario in the morning, as well as the pool games right after (water polo!). The beach is fantastic, the ocean is so warm and nice. We played volleyball every evening (where we played against Michael, Ivan-from water sports- and Daniel…they were super fun! Thanks guys: better luck next time!) and then finished off in the water with the kids.
I also learned (sort of) archery, kayaking, stand up paddle and sailing : Javier is one of my favorite GOs. He was really patient with us and made teaching archery fun. He was also at the pool games and we always had fun with him.
My kids were in the mini club every day and they LOVED it: they would make sure we woke them up in time for archery every morning. They tried the flying the trapeze and my son was able to hang upside down by the end of the week! They loved the tie-die and the sandcastle competition, as well as all the dances in the theatre after dinner. They made new friends, even a Mexican girl who only spoke Spanish! A special mention to Bellgamma : my daughter absolutely loved her! And also a big thank you to the whole team: Nitty, Franck, Roy, Ammy…all of you were wonderful!
El Encanto has the best food: I have never had such good food at the buffet. Maria was nice enough to reserve the same big table for our group every evening, so we could all eat together. We then finished off at the theatre for the fun family friendly shows. You can tell the GOs work hard at them and they are so fun. I especially liked the Frida one.
We were able to do a photo session on the beach : kudos to Eleazar who managed to get 17 people looking at the camera at the same time! The pictures are great and will be used for Christmas cards this year.
I also want to thank all the GO team : Rafa who welcomed us and is SO great with the kids, Mayra, Ivan (sports director),Ignicia, Orfelina, Juan, Galileo…all of the others I am forgetting! Thank you! We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Christen K
Club Med E, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your detailed review! We are thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful family vacation at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific. It's great that you enjoyed the aqua gym class- how fun! Our team appreciates the shout-outs tremendously and we look forward to welcoming your family back again soon! The Club Med Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I had a spectacular week, starting with the food with the supervision of chef Fagner who maintains a quality, beautiful beach, and the best part is the GOS, which makes all the difference in the place, Mayra, Roy, Ivan, Eduardo, Jorge, Wendy, Jonh (Manager) and all the girls of the Mini Club. Thank you all!!!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank cristinapcortes
Club Med E, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear that you had such a spectacular week at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific. It's wonderful that your family enjoyed the beautiful beach and delicious food! Our team appreciates the shout-outs tremendously and we can't wait to see you again soon! The Club Med Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We made this our family trip destination. The views from the main building were amazing! even more amazing were the people who worked there. The staff really makes Club med Xtapa Pacific so great! The first day Jesus sat with us at dinner, he was so welcoming and fun. He told us all about the shows and activities around the hotel and always made sure we were having a good time.

My husband has food allergies. Miguel,the sous chef made sure my husband knew what to eat at the buffet and if there wasn't anything he could have Miguel would have his team make something.

Hugo, Ferchio, Saul, Patrick made sure we were having fun by the beach and before dinner.

The kids club team was amazing too! They always made the kids feel special by calling them by name, doing fun activities, like trapeze, archery, kayaking and swimming. Thank you Frank, Michael, Mayra and Nitty for making our kids' vacation so fun and memorable!

Thank you Edwardo for the great shows!

The spa team was very accommodating and made all our spa treatments so relaxing.

Thank you Rafa and Jesus for making our trip special, we cant thank you enough for making our vacation great! Your ability to find the fun and make sure the adults and kids in our group were having fun made our trip one of the BEST ever!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jenmccormick0702

Thank you for your review! We are excited to hear that you had the best family vacation at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific. We are so glad to hear that you felt welcomed by the G.O team, accommodated with your food allergies, and experienced a spa treatment. Best week ever! Our team appreciates the shout-outs tremendously and we can't wait to see you again soon! The Club Med Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our family stayed at the Club Med Ixtapa this past August, and all of us enjoyed the experience tremendously. We stayed in a spacious family suite and found the accommodations clean and comfortable. The all-inclusive meals and pool service were very good, and the property was well maintained. The real strength of the resort however, is its amazing GO staff, and the effort they put into ensuring all of the guests enjoy their vacation. Our kids really liked their time at the Teen Club, and our whole family loved the time we spent learning trapeze skills. A young woman named Joy stood out as a GO who was talented and knowledgeable, and a ton of fun. We thought the nightly entertainment was great, and would highly recommend this resort to anyone looking for a high caliber beach experience in Mexico.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear that you had such a terrific vacation at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific. It's wonderful that your family enjoyed the trapeze school and the nightly entertainment - how fun! Our team appreciates the feedback tremendously and we can't wait to see you again soon! The Club Med Team

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

I have been trying to change my reservation for club med Ixtapa and I was told by the representative of Club Med that as long as I changed the flight that they would change the dates for the same room and the same rate (I am moving my reservation to one week earlier). However, now that I already changed my flight they want to charge me an increased nightly rate for the new room. And although it is not a big cost (around $400 USD) it’s the principle of the matter that I was told one thing on the phone and after changing my flight (which basically meant repurchasing airline tickets) I am now met with this charge that I was assured would not happen.

What mainly makes me upset is the lie that they told me and now that they know that I am stuck with these new plane tickets they tell me about this charge that they had 100% assured me that was not going to exist!! So I have not even gone on vacation yet but I am already frustrated with this company

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank annaf884
Club Med E, Customer Relations at Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear annaf884,

Thank you for choosing Club Med Ixtapa. We apologize for the frustration that you experienced during the reservation process.

We are committed to providing excellent customer service. As part of this commitment, all phone calls are recorded for quality assurance and accuracy. There are several reasons why the rate may have increased and it should have been clearly explained to you as well as outlined in your travel documents. If you believe that an error was made on the part of Club Med, they have the ability to research it and make the necessary corrections.

If you would like to discuss your concern with Club Med personally, please call our customer service team at 1-800-CLUB MED (258-2633) so that we can better assist you.

Best Regards,