1,464 results
All reviews mexican resort playa linda lobby area daily activities flea market pool chairs tortillas mexican food having fun weather was perfect beach volleyball vacationers franks peso crocodiles zumba
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

It was really fun and I enjoyed the hotel a lot . A very nice play to go with your family . The beach is very nice the weather is perfect it’s not to hot and it’s not cold . The pools are very nice and clear water .

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Mariana R, Guest Service Manager at Hotel Fontan Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2018

Good Morning Dear María M,

Firstly we whant thank you for your appreciable time to write us, on the same time we are very happy because you enjoyed your stay whit us. And the most important thing was that your family totally enjoyed their holidays. I hope you had the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful sunsets on the beach.

It will be a pleasure to receive you again for your next holidays.

Reviewed April 23, 2018

I chose this resort because I was vacationing on a budget. This resort has everything that a more costly resort would have. The room was clean, no musty smell, functional, comfortable, and spacious.The bathroom needed some upgrades and a new hairdryer. Lots of hot water and water pressure in the shower. I stayed in Torre A in my opinion is a great location because it had a wonderful view of the ocean and the mountains. The higher the better.
The resort has easy access to shopping, dining, entertainment, public transportation, and the beach.
There is daily maid service and as an added touch towel art with a hibiscus flower was placed on the fridge. There is complimentary bottled water daily for each guest.
As for dining, there is plenty of delicious food, variety, and with an excellent view of the ocean while dining. There is also specialty dining one time when staying for a week. There are activities with the animation team during the day and entertainment in the evening. It is a 3 star hotel but well worth the stay.

Room tip: higher floors have a better view.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank luv2travelCanada
Miguel C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Fontan Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your insightful comments, and of course, your firm recommendation of "Hotel Fontán ixtapa" to other travellers. . I hope that the great memories of this occasion stay fresh within you, inspiring a repeat of this experience once again next year. We will continue working on renovations and it will be a plesura to have you back and see this changes...

Best Regards...

Reviewed April 18, 2018

I did an all inclusive here the week after the Easter long weekend.
I had emailed the hotel a couple days before, requesting a room on an upper floor, but when I checked in I was given a 2nd floor room. The resort is full, I was told. I didn't put up a fuss because it was obvious that it was super full.
My room on the second floor was one that had not been renovated yet. It was clean, but had seen better days. The patio door didn't close all the way, but when asked, the staff fixed it right away. The water in the shower was finicky.
As previous reviews have mentioned, this is a mostly Mexican resort. There were only 9 of us Canadians there during this week. But let me clear - the Mexicans we met at the resort were all extremely lovely. I would not let the fact that there will be a lot of Mexicans there bother you. In fact, I would return again because of it.
The staff was wonderful. Rodolfo in the main buffet was great. Most employees I dealt with spoke english just fine, and certainly appreciated it when I tried to speak to spanish.
The beach is lovely to walk up and down - maybe an hour round trip.
The water was the perfect temperature to float in, but as others have mentioned, you need to get through a fairly large wall of waves to be able to do that. Only attempt if you are a decent swimmer. No snorkelling to be done there....just floating.
There are only a few beach chairs. I needed to get up at 7 to get one. Pool chairs could still be had around 9.
There is a little shopping area directly across the street, along with a mercado to find all your touristy trinkets.
Getting the bus to Zihua or to Playa Linday was super easy. 12 pesos.
I would return to the Fontan, but only if guaranteed a renovated room, and the price was right.

Room tip: Upper floor
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank EBella
Miguel C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Fontan Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Dear EBella,

As a team, we are sincerely proud to have been chosen as place in the pacific ocean to spend your vacation. Also, we would like to thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review about your stay. We are sorry about the inconvenience about the requested room, sometimes is all about availability.

We are working on room renovations and it will be a pleasure to serve you once again in the future. On behalf of the 300 young women and men that dedicate themselves to your comfort, we appreciate your visit and we hope to see you soon...

Best Regards...

Reviewed April 13, 2018

The hotel: overview
Food: great selection everyday, great flavour
Room: very clean, get the 5th floor, great view. Shower was iffy at times. Comfy bed, hard.
Bars: stick to the one near the beach, amazing drinks.....try the Fontan, its delicious, they make a great mojito as well.
Staff: we had no troubles, they all spoke the best English they could. As well we tried our Spanish. They always smile.
The hotels mostly makes its business from Locals. We were two of the 9, non-Mexicans there. Again, everyone was friendly.
The beach is beautiful, you can walk for miles. So gorgeous.
The water----my only negative thing to say.. ITS HORRIBLE. You cannot swim there or snorkel, the waves are way to high and powerful. Not recommend for children at all. IT was red flagged all 7 days we were there.
We did try it out many times. Got hurt twice///it was a great way to cool down though.

Date of stay: April 2018
Miguel C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Fontan Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2018

Dear Cheryl M,

We appreciate your visit and the time to share a review about your stay. Thank for recommend us, we always enjoy to provide the best service to our guest. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the drinks, location, view....we are still working on room renovations and we hope to have you back and see this changes...

Best Regards....

Reviewed April 8, 2018

staff very nice, weather beautiful, food good.

issue with the room, balcony door jammed. got promised

another room, but never heard of it again!

location is nice! could use more lounging chairs unless you get

up at 4 a clock in the morning and reserve a chair!

locals are very friendly and helpful.

resort is very clean but need some makeover in the rooms.

also babies without diapers with mothers in whirl pool is

not appropriate!

all in all it was too loud and overcrowded for my taste.

Room tip: room away from pool area!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Miguel C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Fontan Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Dear alandean988,

Thank you for choose us to spend your vacation time, and for taking the time to share a review about your stay. we are truly sorry for the inconvenience about your room. About the lounging chairs, to avoid that, we do not let guest to reserve chairs for a long time and not use it. Comments like yours it helps us to improve. Also, we would like to let you know that we are actually working on rooms renovations and we are a hundred percent sure that you will find something new in your next visit...Thank you again.

Best Regards....