1,154 results
All reviewssister hotelinfinity pooloyster bara la carteslobby barthe mexican restaurantjacuzzi tubwalk in closetplaya lindafloating dockreservation officewater taxisunwing repboard walkfamily poolbike tourspin class
Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay. Already planning a return trip. Our 14 year old would love it here and the next trip is being planned with her in mind. Found the hotel staff friendly and helpful. Loved the idea that everyone has an ocean view room, every morning we sat on the balcony and watched the sun come up over the water. It’s a short taxi ride into Ixtapa and into Zihuatanejo, or you can take the Playa Linda bus into both towns(right from the hotel) and back.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sherrylynne2018
Consuelo_calidad, Manager at Azul Ixtapa Grand Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Dear Sherry:
It is a pleasure to express our gratitude for your kindly preference, especially for the valuable time that you took to let us know your impressions concerning the facilities and service provided during your recent stay. We sincerely appreciate your comments that give us the opportunity to know our guest’s valuable opinion since this is the key to our success.

We remain our gratefulness for your comments and look forward for the opportunity to welcome you again in the nearest future.

Reviewed February 28, 2018

This is a hard one to write. The resort is beautiful. It has a lot of amenities, but just does not quite make it to excellent. The staff were incredibly friendly, and helpful. The food was good, and varied. The pools were big, and very nice.
The problems we found were the lack of information. Most resorts have either a news letter, or a board in the lobby of things to do in the hotel, as well as excursions. The last day we found a little information on the TV. There should be maps of the place in the room. We found a small one in our closet, but it was in Spanish. Because the beach is so small, he pools a very busy. People go down early [7-8 am] and put things on a lounger, then don't come down until 10 or 11. I don't know how the resort can deal with that.
The beach is very small, and had 3' surf coming in when we were there. It make a trench at the breaking surf line,that make it hard to get in and out of the water. I am a surfer, so am used to it, but still got slammed once. It is a short walk north to Playa Linda, and the sister resort, where the beach is better.
One must do is walk down Playa Linda, and go on the little boats[$3 return fare] to Isla Ixtapa. Beat snorkeling I have found on the Pacific side of Mexico.

Stayed: January 2018
3  Thank dradu19

Dear client:

Thank you for having taken your to provide us with your comments about the service provided during your stay.
We will follow up on the observations mentioned.
We hope that in a near future you will consider giving us the opportunity to provide you with the service you deserve.

Cordially – The General Directorate

Reviewed February 27, 2018

Pretty much the only negative I have is that my vacation was only one week, instead of two. 10 days would have actually been the perfect option. I will start at the beginning. Pretty much all my dealings with Sunwing were very good, especially the flight staff going in both directions.
The hotel was only about half an hour from the airport. The staff at the hotel upon arrival were quick, competent and friendly. It took no time at all and we were entering our beautiful room. I went with a gal pal, so the bathroom area was a bit more open than perhaps we would have liked, but it was still manageable. There is still a door on both the toilet stall and the shower stall, so all was not totally open. We didn't ever use the Jacuzzi in the middle of the room, but if I was there with a significant other, I could see how it would be a very romantic option. The view from the room was breathtaking....every single evening!! The sunsets never got boring.
The food in this resort was great. The buffet was good, but you should definitely take advantage of the a la carte restaurants...especially the Mexican and the Oyster Bar. We were not able to enjoy the Italian, but had heard it was quite good as well. The only time, I didn't really enjoy the food was at the dinner show, which takes place at the open area between the two hotels. But the show itself was fabulous.
The area itself is lots of fun and has lots to offer. The pools were great, although finding chairs could be a bit difficult, especially if you are picky. There were not too many kids when we were there, and we actually enjoyed all the activities that were going on around us, as it was nice to watch and at times take part.
We took part in an excursion for the Turtle Release, one of the best excursions I have ever done. It was not fancy, we were not pampered, but we were able to take part in the joy of helping a bunch of baby turtles be released safely into the ocean. How can anyone not enjoy that!!
We also walked to the nearby natural reserve that is home to some very large Crocodiles, turtles, flamingo looking birds, as well as other creatures. You can do a bike trip with the hotel staff (for free) or just walk there on your own, which we did on a couple of occasions.
Getting to town was easy and cheap. You just go to the street and grab a local bus to either Ixtapa or Zihau...coming home you take the bus that says Playa Linda. Each way only cost us about 15 pesos.
One of the other fabulous things about the area are the crazy low priced full body massages you can get. I went to a place called Massage Mary, which is located just at the end of the Azul Ixtapa property (the sister resort). I had heard it is a family that runs this site. The young lady that gave me my massage did a fabulous job, as good as any massage I would get at a spa here at home. She is very skilled. It cost 250 pesos, and I gave another 50 pesos as a tip. That is around $20-23 Canadian, give or take. I did this twice, and only wished I had more time to do it again and again. Amazing! There were a couple other options for massages, for 200 pesos, further down in a parking lot area, but they didn't look as nice or didn't seem to offer as much privacy. I didn't think paying the extra was at all a big deal.
The welcome session, put on by Alejandro from Sunwing was very informative. And I was also very impressed that the manager of every department of the hotel was there to greet us and introduce themselves to the group! I have never seen that at any all inclusive before. They really seemed to care about their guests. During our stay, any time we had a question, we were helped immediately.
Although there are quite a few stairs at this resort, which makes sense as it is basically on a mountainside, there are a series of elevators one can use to avoid the stairs. Personally, I like the fact I could work off some calories by using the stairs.
We were lucky, the weather was perfect everyday, even in the evenings. However, because of the mountainside, you will not get early morning sun if that is your preference. The sun didn't really start hitting the pools and beach areas until around 9 am, give or take. But we found that gave us a chance to use the fabulous gym they had, go for a walk, and have a nice leisurely breakfast.
You won't want to miss the trip over to Ixtapa Island, which you can do by taking the ferry for 50 pesos round trip, or going on a kayak or sailboat trip with the activities staff. If you go with the activities staff they will give you a bit of time to do some snorkeling. We just took the ferry, but I heard the snorkeling was pretty good.
The ocean in this area is amazing. It is warmer than anywhere else on the Pacific side. And the bay this resort is in, is a bit more protected from the strong waves at other places in the area.
The only things I could suggest or say as negatives. I would like to see the housekeeping staff be a bit more environmentally protective, in that if we don't put our towels on the floor, they should leave them. Instead they seemed to exchange our towels every day, even though we didn't feel it was necessary. And occasionally, they didn't leave us the same number of face clothes or hand towels that we needed.
The room safe worked great, there was a small fridge stocked with beer, soda and water daily. The beds were comfortable enough. We really liked the shower. The balcony was amazing.
One of the things I loved about this destination was the fact that I did not leave with a bunch of bug bites. Usually in Mexico, I get eaten alive, especially on my legs. That was not the case here. It was a very refreshing change.
There are actually very few negatives I can point out. Neither one of us are really all that picky, so we really enjoyed our trip. I am sure people that are harder to please, might be able to find a few things to complain about, but we were very happy with everything about this hotel and destination.
Anyone wanting to go here, with reasonable expectations, should have a fabulous time!!

Room Tip: Every room had a ocean view...so you really can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
8  Thank Summergirl64

Dear Guest:

Reviewed February 27, 2018

We stayed at this resort for one week the first week of February. This was the first time for us in Ixtapa and at this resort. What a beautiful place in Mexico, nestled in the mountains and more lush then other places we have been to in Mexico. Doesn’t appear as touristy but just enough. The resort was beautiful with gorgeous breathtaking views. I agree with all the reviews but have two issues that were of a bit of a concern with me. First issue was the food in the buffet. As mentioned was not 5 star worthy and unfortunately cheapend this beautiful resort. The al-la-cartes were very good as well as the Oyster Bar overlooking the ocean. Everything is by reservation with the exception of the buffet and snack bar, oh yeah although minor no nacho cheese for the nachos at the snack bar. Ask for iit and they will make it . Again cheap, cheap. Be prepared to waiit 2 hours in the morning to make your reservations. Starting to get real discouraged with these reservation systems at these resorts. Been to 5 stars where it’s not necessary. We went to the Oyster Bar the first night upon arrival just to see it and for a drink. Although the place was almost empty we could not sit down. We were also advised by other guests that they could not get in even though it was half empty most of the time. We later found out this place needs the reservations so that they are able to pre-order the food. Again found this a little strange particular at a 5 star resort. The reservation system is terrible here and one of the worst I’ve seen.. Second issue with me and although not liking to have to admit it should be addressed for the smokers. This resort is not listed as a non-smoking resort. There is no smoking around the public areas at all which I have no problem with . Even as a smoker it bothers me too. But having said that there should be a proper designated area for smokers. Where you can actually sit down and have a drink or a coffee and out of the way. I saw one place at the beginning of the walk way where smokers had to stand in a small space while people were walking trying to get on the boardwalk. These are two important issues with me. Are they a deal breaker .......hmmmm? I pay good money to stay at these 5 stars and am a good tipper I do have a few expectations otherwise will pay alot less. The buffet is the big one, I have also stayed at 3.5 resorts where it was better. Cmon, Azul!!!! This resort is a funny one to determine because of the beautiful views and and other positive things. Judge for yourself.

Room Tip: All rooms have beautiful views.
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear client:

We will follow up on the observations mentioned.

Cordially – The General Directorate

Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

We honestly never go back to a resort but this one we will be back!
Where do I start. This resort is perfect. The staff is the best. They are always friendly and helpful.
The rooms are incredible with the best views. Beds are comfortable. We asked for a King but got 2 queen. Not the end of the world but talked to a lady in the elevator who had asked for 2 queens for her and a friend and the got one King. We arrived the same day so not sure how the hotel couldn't get something so simple to work out.
The pools are the best. Only complaint are the guests that feel they should take overall the entire front area every single day. There were about 10 of them and literally took the whole front row. Blocked it so we can barely get into the pool. Not only that over half their chairs were empty most of the day. Seriously people have some etiquette. There is a sign but they must not read.
The food is so good at this resort. Al A Cartes were all incredible. The buffet was good. Typical.
The only complaint would be that there was no coffee shop.
If you are considering this hotel don't hesitate. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple