We joined a group of our friends at the resort after they had been there for a couple of days. We were lucky to have been moved from the Cove side to the Spa side as it allowed for more credits to be used in the spa. It was a little confusing when we arrived as we were shuttled from lobby to lobby a couple of times until they provided us with our room. The staff was very friendly. This resort is huge and when we arrived at night and agreed to meet our friends in the lobby it took us a few minutes to figure out where we were going. I have been to many resorts over the years and I would have to say this one was a little complicated to figure out. We love walking around the resorts when on vacation so we like a large resort. I would warn people who have trouble getting around that although they have trolleys they don’t go by often as they do in other resorts so unless you call the lobby you could end up having to walk it.
The rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable. We were close to the pool which made claiming a good sunny spot easy in the mornings. The pool on the spa side isn’t that big but the Cove side is huge. We enjoyed the smaller pool as the service was excellent and a couple of times during the week they had a very good rock band that would play for a couple of hours during the afternoon. I also enjoyed the fact that they had plenty of brand name drinks….just ask for it. If you don’t they will give you the local stuff and if you are a gin drinker …..it will taste like bubble gum. We aren’t big drinkers but we did enjoy having a few drinks by the pool one day and with the excellent service I found I perhaps had one too many.
There is no beach and there is no way anyone would have had me swimming in the lagoon. They do have a bus that takes you to the Palace in Playa Del Carmen which is a very nice resort within walking distance of the main stripe. The beach there is excellent and you can eat and drink at this location as well. Just check in with the bell boy on your way into the hotel.
The food at the Palace was alright. Not the best I have had in Mexico but you can find something to eat no matter how picky you are. The steakhouse was my favorite. I think the rest weren’t that memorable. Everyone goes crazy for the Italian but we found our food was served cold but that was perhaps because we were a group of 10 that night.
The disco was the most lively I have seen on a resort. There was a conference for a local company for a couple of days while we were there so many were at the disco at night. We enjoyed watching them salsa.
We used many of our credits at the spa. We enjoyed our messages. My only suggestion is book early in the week to make sure you get what you want as it will fill up. We also used some credits for the dolphin swim which was fun. I did it because it cost me nothing out of pocket as it has never really been something I “had” to do but I would do it again for no cost.
Overall this hotel is good for the value. Yes they will try to sell you a time share. We just never returned the calls from the lobby and so we never had to hear the pitch. Are friends did and wasted about 2 hours of their time. They got a lobster dinner on the beach out of it but they didn’t feel it was worth the 2 hours they lost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico