This place was amazing!! For a first time traveler to this resort I was beyond impressed. The rooms are airy, clean, and cool (in Mexico when it's 80+ degrees you want it cool). The staff is very friendly and quick to help you if you need it. The buffets are very well stocked and the all inclusive options are quite plentiful. Go and stay long enough to get a dinner at the ala carte restaurants which you do have to reserve, because it's actually worth it--esp. at Don Quixote the Spanish one. Second, book an off resort tour, they have so many and it's worth it just to see the sites of the area. Tulum is by far superior if you want to see the ruins (at least to Chechen Itza). Secondly, they don't tell you this right off, but this resort is located just south of Playa del Carmen, step outside the gates and catch a local shuttle to Playa. It's a 15 min ride for the equivalent of $2 each way. Once there, go south (toward the beach) two blocks and you're on Cinco Aveneda (5th Ave) the tourist shopping area. Also while there you can connect with the ferry to Cozumel for a day trip. Both definitely worth doing.
I was a bit surprised, they cleaned our room exactly three times each day, which was nice but a bit overdone. Nonetheless I'll be coming back to their hotels.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Barcelo, Travelocity and Hotel.de so you can book your Barcelo Maya Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Beach
- Barcelo Maya Caribe Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico