“Small resort = personalized pampering!”

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Muscatine
“Small resort = personalized pampering!”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Our family of 5 traveled here the first week of March (kids - 18, 15, 9) for a 5 night stay. It was smaller than other resorts that we have traveled to but it was actually really nice. The waiters at the restaurants knew our names after the first day and welcomed us by name when we entered the restaurant - the kids loved that! They brought out appetizers right out on the beach during the afternoon - we felt very pampered! The entertainment was fun for everyone - especially the movies on the beach at night. The beach was private and beautiful. The best part for us was the extremely comfortable beds. Past resorts have offered very hard uncomfortable beds but Dreams offered a piece of heaven every night.

Room Tip: We had connecting rooms that faced the adult side marina and was a beautiful view and was very quiet...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Angie P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,311)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Tecumseh, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I've read with a great deal of confusion some of the most recent reviews of this resort. Spent a week there from March 14th thru 21st and had a great time. I was there with my 9 yr. old daughter, as well as my sister and her husband. We enjoyed every aspect of this resort. We felt completely safe walking on and off of the property as it is located within a very lovely gated community.
The staff was very friendly and had no problem assisting you with anything. The food was delicious at all restaurants, however the Seaside Grille was definitely our favourite! The world Cafe was a close second, especially for breakfast.
There is plenty to do at the resort if you like or if you prefer to do nothing... It's perfect.
People have complained about the beach. We had no problem with it. Yes there are rocks and coral to one side, however there remains plenty of clear sand to swim in and enjoy all the sea creatures that you see. We went on a snorkeling excursion that proved to be a waste of money .... A catamaran called Catamaya.... But we ended up seeing much more simply snorkeling and exploring at the resort.
I did end up injuring myself unfortunately, however the staff was quick to lend assistance, including the lifeguard Jorge Millan who took care of me at the time as well as checked on my status the days to follow redressing the wound and making sure i was icing it constantly! Even with this I still had an amazing time at Dreams and would recommend it to any family or couple.

Room Tip: you definitely want to stay on the side facing the Marina... Maybe not a full ocean view but still v...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Tecumsehgirl22
Berlin, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My wife and I took a 4 day 3 night wintervention and Dreams provided us with a great time! The bartender at the Barracuda Bar was the best! Ceasar the rec director was a blast during casino night. My wife and I really loved the rock concert on the beach, a BLAST!

The rooms were so clean and beautiful! The service was top notch! Food was adequate, but I believe that is because it is a family resort. Adult only resorts tend to have better food.

Room Tip: We had honeymoon suite overlooking the marina, beautiful view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed at Dreams Puerto Aventuras from February 25th to March 3rd. We were welcomed with cold facecloths and then quickly taken to room once check-in was completed.
Likes:
-Staff is very attentive and friendly. I think they are what make this resort special. The resort is small and easy to get around and very clean. The rooms are spotless and we had nightly turn down service. (nice touch)
-I like that there are no wrist band. However we found out later in the week, there were a couple of people coming onto the resort by the adult pool, who were not staying and did not pay to have a daily pass but they ate and drank there during the week. They could have paid a daily fee in the lobby but found a way in by the adult pool without being noticed. I think Dreams PA should address this for security reasons.
-Loved that there were No towel cards. You can go and get a towel whenever you want one.
-The drinks are excellent at all the bars and you didn’t have to wait long for one.
-I loved the bar service on the beach and that they gave you the big acrylic glasses to drink from so there was no need for an insulated mug. Carlos was usually our waiter and we didn’t have to wait long for drinks or bottled water. Thank you Carlos!
- Just outside the buffet they set up around 8 am for crepes and waffles which are excellent. At 12 pm they have hotdogs and hamburgers there with a lineup for them.
-Liked not having to make reservations for the restaurants but did have some tummy issues after eating at the Italian for a day or so.
-Room service.
-Lots of fish so you can snorkel from the beach.
-The beds were very comfortable.
-Close to Marina and shopping. We found coconut ice cream at one of the shops at the Marina.
-Our room was always cleaned early and always had clean towels etc…

Dislikes:
- We knew about the small beach before we left by reading TA and it is small and the water was very shallow for swimming which is good for small children but not so much for teenagers or adults.
-Most things for children are for 12 and younger. There isn’t much for kids over 12.
-Theatre is very small.
-Pool is small.
-Some things on the activity list never happened.
-No sitting areas for playing cards or sitting and having drinks with a group of people. There is a small inside sports bar but with very limited seating.
-The buffet is very small compared to resorts we have been to before including some in Cuba. There is not a big selection of food.
-Be careful with their omelets in the mornings, some were not cooked. Also-be careful of the hamburgers they served from the grill, some are still raw in the middle.
-Found the vendors who came to the resort a couple of evenings to be very aggressive.
-We were on the second floor and found it very noisy especially at night. Mostly from adults coming back to their rooms.
-Not much vegetation or wild life at the resort.

If you have small children they will love it here but for older ones not so much. The walk to the marina is only about 5-10 min. walk and you can watch the marine life for free. There are little shops and restaurants to enjoy also.
If you like being pampered on your vacation this is the place for you. I found out on this trip I like it a little more casual (probably not often you hear people say they don't like all the pampering...lol...).
We went to snorkel with the turtles and went on a snorkel tour but the wind was wild that week so things were cloudy.
We had a great time and I think it all depends on what you are looking for in a vacation. I tend to like the med. to smaller villa type resorts to the hotel style, so I would probably not go back unless the price was right.
We flew with WestJet. We had no problems getting through Cancun airport even though there were other flight arriving at the same time but departure was total chaos. We just got through security in time to board our flight meaning no Duty Free this time...

Room Tip: Choose the marina side if you like a quiet room...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank love2bewarm
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Shallow small beach, We wanted to snorkle but lots of coral accidents were accuring. Two friends traveling together door didnt secure properly and housekeeping rarely came around unless called for. The workout room had 1 treadmill and 1 working eliptical machine. I have stayed at other Dreams resorts and they were for more superior with no high pressure sales.We would not go back to this resort Im very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jennifer S
Amesbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This was our first vaca to dreams on p.a. We are a couple with no kids . It is an all around centrally located resort 20 min to tulum.20 min to playa. Felt very safe in and out of the gates. The place was clean the staff was very accommodating .(if tipped) was scared about families there but never got annoyed with the kids . Would just go to the adult side . The weddings on the beach closing the beach bar got annoying twice, the food was the only downside . And the salesman trying to get u to go to dreams tulum for the day . When I showed up after 12 hours of travel all I wanted was to lay on the beach . Not get a sales pitch. But other than that we had a great time and would return.

Room Tip: First floor garden view small but a great deal.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Addy M
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed at Dreams Puerto Aventuras for the week of March 14th thru 21st with my 9 yr. old daughter, my sister and her husband.
Upon arrival at the hotel I was quite happy with the surroundings , the gated community where it was located, as well as the beautiful grounds. The rooms were immaculate and the food was delicious. There were many choices in the restaurants, and I never had a bad meal. Our favourites were the World Cafe for breakfast and the Seaside Grille for lunch or dinner! The staff was always helpful and welcoming taking care of your every need!
I unfortunately experienced quite a bad fall while at the resort ( even before consuming too many delicious margaritas) and the staff assisted me quickly and provided first aid to me. I would like to thank most of all the Lifeguard Jorge Millan who addressed my injury, cleaned it up and helped me to get on with the vacation without too much interruption. He checked on me everyday re-dressing the wound, providing ice when necessary and simply providing a welcoming smile to help cheer me up! Dreams is one place I would live to visit again and would highly recommend it !

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Tecumsehgirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Aventuras
33.6 km away
Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa
23.8 km away
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#34 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
17.8 km away
Grand Oasis Tulum
Grand Oasis Tulum
#18 of 23 in Akumal

Been to Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!