First off all we had a great time,the weather was good for the whole two weeks except for one day of rain. My wife and I read all the trip advisor reviews before we went so we were well informed about the hotel. The hotel is a smaller size which we liked,we booked a superior ocean front room which was actually very nice and not as noisy as we were expecting. We have very few complaints about this hotel,the staff were all great, we have been to this area numerous times and we felt that this resort has some of the nicest staff we have ever met. The snorkeling was ok not fantastic and the beach is small but we knew that going in and we were happy with the beach size. We had no problems getting into the ala cart restaurants,we tried the Japanese, Italian and the steak house,all were good. If were to complain about one thing it would be breakfast, the first week we were there the hotel was not at full capacity and there were no line ups at any of the buffet restaurants but the second week was a lot busier and there was always a line up at breakfast. The buffets are too understaffed and the employees can't keep up, there were mornings when we had a hard time finding what we liked for breakfast. There were always choices but not the choices that we liked !! We only got Bacon three mornings out of 14,maybe a good thing lol.
Overall we had a great time and would recommend this nice little well maintained hotel to anyone,the food overall was good,the entertainment staff were great,the nightly shows were good and we found the drinks to be good.One more small complaint was the money exchange,they wouldn't give anything under 100 peso bills,we are tippers and we ran out of small bills and could not get any from the money exchange,this needs to be improved!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Catalonia Yucatan Beach Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, on the private estate of Puerto Aventuras. Located on the beautiful Mexican Caribbean coast, this resort is directly on the beach and offers a comfortable and peaceful atmosphere, perfect for a relaxing break. This mystical area boasts many Mayan archaeological ruins that include Chichen Itza, Tulum and Tikal as well as the natural attractions of Xel-Ha, Cozumel and Xcaret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Catalonia Yucatan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Puerto Aventuras
- Catalonia Yucatan Beach Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico