We booked this week through Interval timeshare and enjoyed our time at the lake district and managed to do a daytrip to edinburgh in that time too as only 2 hours away so brilliant idea. the unit we were given was B6 which was one of the first units so not as good as the rest but we expected that as we came through interval. the unit itself had all the utensils, equipment you could ask for, loads of towels and sheets, cutlery, dishware( which ive never had in other interval units) BUT....we just had one big problem....smell. it constantly smelt of damp and we constantly had at least 4 flies in the house. we thought it was becaues we were located next to launderette but upon returning and reading reviews its relevant for a few other units albeit just the old ones. the beds were creaky and lino needs to be replaced by tiles as it lets the units down badly, and although no noise at all from outside, we had to suffer regular whirring from laundertte next door. apart from that the unit was certainly one of the better ones we had with interval.
the place could do with a shop, if not a vending machine, although the restuarnat was kind enough to let us buy milk on the occasion ours wen toff, albeit double the normal price but better than going to nearest petrol station which was 10 mins away then back.
the swimming pool gave lots of fun for kids to end day with, and the park area was enough for our kids( teenager and 10 yr old) to be entertained for an hour or so. After a great day exloring the lakes, going to local shopping places etc, we never returned home before 6, after which time it was pool then park before dinner and tv!
no wifi was hard for them, but brilliant for me as a parent as they could only use wifi at reception area.
it was game of thrones finale night for us and bar staff were amazing in letting us watch that practically all to ourself which was greatly appreciated. all the staff are lovely but i do find that they were all non stop busy so nice time for a chit chat even, perhaps a few people more would help. my fave members was the lady in the bar, and then the gentleman in friday evenings at reception who were friendly and helpful
we did not eat in the restaurant, prices were too expensive for us, and when we did a takeaway pizza it was only enough for 2 of us but we made pasta and glad we bought it as it was delicious.
all in all, once its decorated and renovated these units, its definitely a nice resort to go to with not all the thrills and frills but certainly peaceful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located just fifteen minutes from the M6 motorway, halfway between Penrith and Keswick and a mere five minutes from Ullswater, The Whitbarrow Village resort sits beneath the famous blencathra fell (also known locally as Saddleback) and offers both luxury and serenity to all who visit – as well as easy access to the delights of The Lake District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Whitbarrow Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seasons Holidays Whitbarrow Village Hotel Berrier
- Whitbarrow Village Cumbria, England - Berrier