“One of my favourite places in Hermosillo”
Review of El Marcos

El Marcos
Ranked #7 of 312 Restaurants in Hermosillo
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: International
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 29, 2017

I've been to the El Marco a number of times in the past 10 years. It has never disappointed. On the last trip, I made it a business meeting lunch place. The attendees know the place and agreed fully that it was a good place both to talk business and enjoy good food. The location is central but parking is a pain in the axe as only street parking is available. I've always lucked out by getting a spot close but others haven't been so lucky. I seem to remember at one time that they had valet parking in the evening (?).

Lunch is good but can be disrupted by families with unruly kids. Dinners have always been fine.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

We went to El Marcos to celebrate my daughter´s 18 bday and my parents´ 45th anniversary.It had been a while from the last time I visited El Marcos and food was delicious and beverages as well, We had a nice time since the place keeps having this cozy and unique environment and the service was good. We alwasys were promptly attended.

Reviewed May 1, 2017

We went here to celebrate my brother's engagement. Place was ok, cozy and nice.
I know I cannot complain on slow service because we were a 35 people party, however, there were some spots that got us quite disappointed.
* There were 5 staff members taking care of our party. I repeat, I cannot expect fast serves on a party that big, however, NONE of them were nice to any of us, counterwise, they were rude & cocky.
* I personally asked one oof the waiters to have the A/C rise the temperature as there was an elder person in our party and she was feeling chilly. In a very rude way, he replied me "We can't do that, there are no midpoints, else we shut it off or it stays like that", yes, mean & rude
* Meals were from average to low quality, some got their entrees cold, some didnt have their orders taken when others were already finishing their entrees, and there was a plate that was returned 3 TIMES because of undercooking.
* Also, by the time of paying the bill, my sister in law told me she was confirmed we could do split bills, but when the waiter came and threw it on the table, she told me that was not possible. This fact led us to spend close to an hour to break down the bill and determine paying quantities. On which we were "threatened" with the following sentence: "It's almost 2 AM, we can not be open by then or else the Liquors office will fine us". Really?? We had to spend this additional hour because when the booking was made, we received confirmation there could be split bills, so if we were there, it was because their lack of communication to the customer, not because we wanted to be there.

As a restaurant owner, I'm aware there are limitations and regulations in regards of operation, however, the main item restaurants sell is CUSTOMER SERVICE, and definitely, this time, El Marcos Hermosillo, offered me and my party, one of the worst experiences EVER.

Maybe in some other chance, I can try again and see how they do.

Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

We joined a group of friends for xmas dinner. The meals are delish, well portioned and at a reasonable price.
Envio is cozy and inviting to relax and enjoy the evening

Reviewed January 26, 2017 via mobile

Good restaurant with a variety of food that has kept up its quality from the start. Service is some of the best in Hermosillo, with everything times perfectly from your appetizer to entres and deserts. Dinner included complimentary chips and salsa, bread, and a little baileys style shooter drink for dessert. The inside decor is interesting, like a high end vintage circus style. Highly recommend!