“A special local place”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

Postoforo is obviously a favorite place for Xalapeños of all ages. The restaurant goes back much farther than you can see from its tiny street entrance, with a lovely open patio area and another one above it.
Food was just excellent. Nothing way out of the ordinary for an Italian restaurant, but everything done really well.
Nothing pretentious here; bare wood tables and simple implements, but food and service were both just great.
Prices? How about this: 4 glasses of wine, big salad, pasta with shrimp and chicken, a medium size pizza with several fresh toppings--304 pesos. At this moment that's USD 16.33.
Enjoy!

Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

Ate here three times during my stay in Xalapa and the food, service and ambience were great each time. Good selection on the menu and the prices are exceptionally good value. Pretty busy all the time but that's a good sign and I never had to wait long. Recommended

Reviewed November 16, 2016 via mobile

Having traveled here from Pueblo by bus I was in the mood for a light dinner. I enjoyed a salad (I chose the spinach salad because I wanted the artichokes, olives, and pinenuts that accompanied it; but I don't love spinach so they kindly substituted romaine lettuce for me). I also had one of the best minestrone soups I have ever encountered. I was thoroughly charmed by the service provided.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

This restaurant seems to be wildly popular, but I have been several times and am never overly-impressed with the food nor the service. The waiters are nice enough, and the food is good enough - though not always consistently good, but it's certainly not worth the nearly hour-wait on busy nights to get a table. For the price and ambience, Italiani's (a popular chain here in Mexico with similar prices).

1  Thank sdevries
Reviewed July 2, 2016

we each had individual pizzas and found it more reasonalbe than ordering a medium or large. the qualiity of the ingredients was outstanding. very attentive and prompt service.