All reviewspiano barnice hotelbreakfast buffetmedical tourismfood is excellentstaying at this hotelroom for improvementamerican foodgreat amenitiesassigned roomplace to stayreturn againwalk aroundnight staybusiness tripcomfortable bedscustomer service
Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

We stayed a night here while in Mexicali, very nice hotel. Very clean, modern rooms with all the amenities. Layout of the grounds was almost resort like, two pools and a couple restaurants, a very nice bar. Friendly staff and overall very nice experience. Reasonably priced and right near the main strip with all bars and restaurants. Would definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Pedro S, Community Manager at Hotel Lucerna Mexicali, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2017

Dear guest: We thank you your opinion, it is very important for us this feedback. We hope to have the opportunity of hosting you in this your Home Lucerna Mexicali. Regards!

Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely sprawling hotel with two pools and several restaurants. I was there accompanying a friend for medical tourism. I did not spend much time at the hotel and wished I had more time to take advantage of the two pools and grounds. The place has a relaxing vibe. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. The bathroom area is large and had a large shower with a rainfall shower head. Plenty of outlets, lights, drawers, in room coffee maker, fridge, bottled water, hair dryer and iron.

There are 4 restaurants but not all open on Sunday. There is live entertainment some nights in the outside bar and a piano player in one of the other restaurants. All the food I had was good, not outstanding but good. There are bungalows in the middle section which include the breakfast buffet. Breakfast is also ala carte and very good. Staff was always pleasant and helpful.

There is not much in Mexicali other than doctors, dentists and some casinos. You can walk to a couple of casinos and restaurants off the hotel property and there is a7 Eleven across the street for snacks. Room service is available 24 hours but the tag I put on my door for breakfast was never picked up so I did not get the breakfast. I recommend calling instead. I was on the second floor and the elevator was broken but this was not a problem for me.

Good choice for business, families, friends couples or solo.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank MLFB

Reviewed March 1, 2017

We stayed here for a weekend getaway and found it not only to be a very reasonable price but also a very nice hotel. The staff were tremendous and the amenities were out of this world. There is no reason to leave this hotel. Fine dining, sports bar, pools and late night entertainment all in one place. We would go back again if opportunity arises!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John S
Pedro S, Community Manager at Hotel Lucerna Mexicali, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2017

Reviewed February 20, 2017

Just spent one night here, and I found it good and comfortable overall. Better than some other similar options around this location. but...
- They need to improve cleanliness
- Restaurant is good, but they are REALLY SLOW serving.
- Towels should be much softer.
- Many channels in TV are not available, even when they say so in the print menu.

In all other aspects this is a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Angel H
Pedro S, Community Manager at Hotel Lucerna Mexicali, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2017

Hi Angel, Thank you for taking the time to leave us these good comments about our hotel as they are very important to us. We hope to see you again soon. Regards!

Reviewed February 16, 2017

The facility is located within Mexicali and modern and up to date with decor and furnishings.

There are several restaurants on the premises. We did have appetizers and cocktails in La Terreaza as well as the free continental breakfast in the morning in the cafeteria. The breakfast had a wide offering of food including made to order omelets.

Two bottles of water were available in the room. I loved the rain shower shower head.

I did not have the chance to use the pool but it looked lovely.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Hi Jill! Thank you for taking the time to leave us these good comments about our hotel as they are very important to us. We hope to see you again soon. Regards!