“Interesting and modern place”

Italiano Cucina & Bar
Ranked #17 of 256 Restaurants in Mexicali
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 9, 2017

The place is small and decorated in a contemporary, minimalist way. It's charming and warm. The dishes were good, but they didn't have what I wanted to order at first (a no-no for a restaurant, always). The relation food-price-taste is direct. Worth another visit.

Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

I've been twice at Italiano Cucina. The first time my wife and I ordered the octopus and bone marrow apps and shared a rib eye. The octopus was very good but the ribeye was a little dry and overcooked. We wanted their 'signature' creme brulee but were told they were out and we had the tiramisu instead which was served in a martini glass? It did not look like a tiramisu but it was delicious.

We went back and ordered meatballs as an appetizer. The plate had literally four small sized meatballs that you would put in a spaghetti plate. We had the fettuccine alfredo which was just OK.

We asked for the creme brulee again and were told they were out (again). I asked for the same tiramisu and was told five minutes after that they were out of that too (seriously?)...

We ended up skipping dessert. There are much better options in Mexicali for Italian food and will most likely not go back.

1  Thank lolo_pastouche
Reviewed November 1, 2016

Good enough food but the server kept disappearing. I think this kitchen was seving food to an establishment next door.

Reviewed August 23, 2016

The first time in this place I was a guest of some friends and it was a total surprise, because since its located in a hotel, it hadn't received much publicity. Good food, nice ambiance, small, has an outside terrace, A.C.

Reviewed March 20, 2016 via mobile

Maybe a little pricey for basic pasta dishes which are available at any other Italian restaurant in the area, however they also offer a good variety of craft beers and have a good steak selection as well. I've been here on various occasions, and Italiano along with Gastro (sister restaurant) are always consistent with great service and great food. There should be more places like these in Mexicali.