All reviewsparadise villageunitpoolsresortvrbocondominiumtigrecanadianpvcanada
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Just got back from this marvellous resort. We stayed from Jan 14 to 21, 2012. Our accommodations were on the main floor, over-looking one of two large swimming pools. We had a two bedroom, fully equipped, with our own dipping pool. The resort was not busy so we had great attention from our waiter by the pool Leonardo and our dining room waiter Jesus.
The front desk personel were very friendly.We choose the all -inclusive package which allowed us to enjoy the wonderful food. As this resort borders the El Tigre golf course we had a twenty minute walk to the ocean where Taheima had a partitoned spot on the beach for its guests. The resort does provide a 4 minute shuttle ride to the water and a short ride to the golf club. The constant care of workers provided a beautiful manicured, clean and well- maintained resort.

Room Tip: The main level, facing the pools have one and two bedroom units with private dipping pools
5  Thank 95Gil
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stayed at Taheima for 4 nights on Jan 13 - 18 with my wife & daughters. Had a great time & hope to return in the future. I originally bought the all-inclusive deal through the internet promo for a great price but eventually cancelled the reservation for a full refund from eversave.com & Sunmex & booked directly with the resort. The resort honored the same terms as the eversave promo. The resort was new, clean, quiet and relaxing. The staff/service was very good & we loved the food. The Sesame seared tuna was amazing! The beach club was at an older resort but the beach in this area is great. The heated family pool was close to bathtub temps & they treat it with an ozone system (no itchy chlorine). We made friends with the staff (Herman, Isari, & Leonardo) & other guests & were sad to leave.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank BSDenver
Reviewed January 23, 2012

TAHEIMA the resort we visited.

It is located inside a private, gated-community
which has a private beach club very close by.
It takes a mere 3-4 minutes to get there
if you take the shuttle ride from the lobby.
Taheima is a condo-hotel so the hotel rooms
are actually fully-equiped condos.
Everything is new, clean and confortable.

One of the best things at Taheima is that it is a quiet,
peaceful, and an extremely clean resort.
The setting is very sophisticated.
The entire resort is built around a "laguna"
and feels like a luxurious, contemporary Mexican pueblito.
The two pools are enormous and ozone-treated.
They are truly beautiful.
We enjoy the heated jaccuzzi in the adult section pool.
The bali beds were the best place to take a nap.
No music or animation.
As for the food, Taheima is an all-inclusive resort
but the food is gourmet healthy.
They have a variety of fish and seafood,
ceviches, beef, and all the meals are a la carte.
The red wine is a very good Malbec 2007 from Argentina.

The staff was friendly, courteous and always helpful.
They were all very pleasant.

The various activities offered on site
illustrate why they call it a "wellness center".
They have a very well equipped gym and daily yoga class.
All in all Taheima is a perfect vacation spot
for anyone who is looking for a place to relax,
read, swim, exercise in a peaceful environment.
leonardito

Room Tip: view on the lagoon
13  Thank Leonardito C
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We just returned from a 7 day all-inclusive stay at the Taheima Resort that was purchased from a daily deal website. Making and confirming the reservation was all done via email and was easy and no hassle. We arranged the private transfer from the airport to the resort through the front desk for a cost of $40USD. Don't bother - take a taxi from the airport and it will be approx $20 with a tip (our return trip to the airport with the same cab was only $13 USD!).
The resort was so quiet. When we wanted to sit by the pool there was always a chair available (no need to get up early to save a chair) and there were always seats available in the restaurant. The same can be said for the beach club - always a chair available.
There are two pools, one family and one adult. The family pool, we found, was way nicer and actually quite a bit warmer water. Also, the adult pool was just too quiet for us. We didn't mind having people around and we wanted to play some music from our iPod. There is no bar at the pool but rather two servers working the pool to bring drinks and food.
The beach club is only a few minute ride by shuttle or a 15 minute walk. It's right on the beach and you have access to towels and a beach side restaurant. Everything but alcohol is included when you are all-inclusive at Taheima. It's not private and the beach vendors are constantly coming up to you but they are not pushy and go away when you say no, thank you.
Due to it being a slow period (I was surprised January is slow!) there was only one restaurant open in the evening for dinner. It is a poor attempt at French cuisine and not worth the prices on the bill at the end of the meal. If we were not all inclusive I highly doubt we would have ever eaten on the resort. However, the service was excellent for dinner service.
The same could not be said for breakfast service. The servers were friendly enough, but far from efficient and almost everyday we had an issue with our order. The food was good and healthy.
We had a one-bedroom suite on the top level overlooking the adult pool. The view was beautiful. Because of our proximity to the pool and how quiet the resort was we did not upgrade to a room with a plunge pool and have no regrets about it all. Looking back, I don't think we would have ever used the private pool.
When we first arrived no one explained that this isn't exclusively an all-inclusive resort so we couldn't figure out why we had to sign receipts with prices indicated after each meal/pool side order. We were talking to another couple at the pool shortly after our arrival and they explained that they had the option of being all-inclusive or not day to day. We, personally, found this frustrating as we felt we were always waiting for a bill before we could get on our day. (Sometimes we wished there was a buffet so we could just get in and get out, especially at breakfast). And gratuities are not included when you are AI and this also isn't explained when you check in.
We did not utilize the spa services, the fitness facility, the yoga classes, or any of the other "wellness" activities so cannot comment on those. Because of the wellness aspect, the entire resort is smoke-free.
Not once during our stay did we have to endure a conversation about ownership. I don't think it was even mentioned or advertised on the resort (except for the real estate office that was never open).
We used the front desk staff a number of times to ask for recommendations for places to eat off the resort or to call a taxi and we always had friendly service.
The resort is inside of Paradise Village within Nuevo Vallarta and it's about a 15 minute walk to Paradise Village shopping mall with a market, shopping, and restaurants. We felt safe walking around Paradise Village at all times.
This resort is extremely quiet and not right on the beach. There is no swim up bar and no atmosphere and there is no night life (all the exterior lights appeared to be turned off at 11:00pm every night!). With only one restaurant open in the evening, you feel like you are eating the same thing every night. It was very relaxing and the property is beautiful and the area is great as well. We will definitely return to Nuevo Vallarta but will probably not return to Taheima resort due to the reasons listed above. But if you like quiet, and I mean quiet!, this is a resort for you.

17  Thank Charleen P
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I am one of the many reviewers on here who purchased an online coupon for a stay at this resort for three nights. The terms of my deals were/are double-occupacy, all-inclusive, and two one-hour massages. I got a confirmation from the internet coupon company (icoupon) months ago for my upcoming trip (January 19-22th), and the money was deducted out of my bank account around the same time ($299). Nonetheless, in order to make sure everything was kosher, I made multiple attempts to call Taheima last week to confirm with them directly, but I was always sent straight into voicemail and my two messages were never returned. Today, I was finally able to get ahold of somebody in reservations at Taheima. "Sandy" informed me that my reservation had, in fact, been cancelled, and that the company I bought it from should have already contacted me. I let her know that they had not contacted me, had not returned any of my money, and that my friend and I had already purchased non-refundable airlines tickets to PV from Chicago and NYC, respectively (upwards of $400 for each). Her response was that it was something I would have to take up with the internet deal company directly because there was nothing she could do; suffice it to say, that is completely unacceptable. When I let requested she put us up in any available sister resort and/or work with us in some way, she admitted that there was a reservation under my name, but that if I wanted it, I would have to pay the $299 again when I arrived. Again, completely unacceptable. I've since made calls to the internet company, and somebody said they would look into it, but we're still in limbo and I haven't heard back. I just wanted to post this review to warn other guests to absolutely call to confirm directly with this resort before you find themselves in a similar situation. Needless to say, this has caused a great deal of unnecessary stress two days before my friend and I are set to fly out. We're still planning on making all the calls we need to to make sure this gets worked out, but we shouldn't have to be jumping through all these hoops. Taheima choose to enter into these contracts and negotiate these deals with the internet companies, I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that THEY should be carrying the laboring oar in situations like this instead of leaving their guests to vouch for themselves and passing the buck. I will update this review to let everybody know how this situation gets resolved (and Taheima management, if you're reading this and can help, Sandy said my no-reservation reservation number was "703"), until then reader, please be careful.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends