All reviewsparadise villageunitpoolsresortvrbocondominiumtigrecanadianpvcanada
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I just returned from Taheima Wellness Resort and Spa (2/6/2012). I bought a deal on eversave.com for Taheima Wellness Resort and Spa in Nuevo Vallarta for 3 nights, 4 days all-inclusive and when I arrived there at Taheima Resort, people at reception didn't expecting me at all. Mexico Travel Company that I called to book the vacation per instuctions from Eversave voucher didn't inform Taheima Resort to reserve the room for us or anything. So when I arrived at Taheima, they didn't have any rooms available for me, they only had 2 bedroom at the higher price than what I paid for. I called Mexico Travell Company to talk to them and they were sending me to another resort that was 20 min away from Taheima. I just didn't want to deal with that, I came on 4 days vacation from San Diego, and was looking for relaxation and good time. I requested the refund from Mexico Travel Company and booked 2 bedroom room at Taheima Resort. So, before you go, call hotel directly and make sure they book the room for you, so you don't end up figuring out where to stay when you arrive to Taheima Resort.
Regarding the resort itself, it is good. I have been to a nicer resort in Mexico. They have yoga, zumba, and meditation classes on property which is nice. They also offer massages (US prices). They have a restaurant and bar on the property and if you don't have all-inclusive it is pricey. My boyfriend and I had all-inclusive and usually for dinner our bill would come up to $100. That would include 2 drinks, 2 appetizers, and 2 entrees. The closest convenience store is 20min walking. They have a 2 pools, family (heated) and adult (non-heated). no-one was at adult since it was way too cold, so everyone was using family pool. Our room had its own small pool but water was cold and to clean. Don't pay extra to get that kind of a room, just waste of money! Service at the pool and restaurant is little slow, but when we talked to another guests, I guess it depends from day to day.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jovanar
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I purchased a Living Social all inclusive deal for this resort. I have been trying for weeks to make a reservation. They don't answer their phones or email! For over 2wks now, a message comes on the phone saying their mailbox is full. I left an email message over 1 month ago, no response! I left phone messages, when they were taking them, no response! I have a hard time believing, at this point, that this place is even open for business. BEWARE I would NOT buy any type of coupon deal for this place!! I am extremely frustrated with this resort as well as Living Social who sold me the scam voucher!

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
16  Thank Mary B
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Stayed at the Taheima from Jan 14 to 21, 2012. We travel to Mexico at least 2 to 3 times a year but this was our first time in the Puerto Vallarta area. My wife and I loved the Taheima resort. It is not a place to stay if you want a party atmosphere, but we were looking for something that was relaxing and I have to say it was one of the most relaxing vacations we have had. First, the food was outstanding, it was the best overall of any resort we have stayed at in Mexico. The afternoon cook, Javier is incredible and our waiter Jesus was fantastic. We did the all inclusive which allowed us to sample just about everything on the menu. At the pool the waiter Leonardo was great, very friendly and attentive. The rooms were large, and clean with a private wading pool. All in all, one of the best vacation we have had.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank woodwrkr1961
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We just returned from a week at Taheima, using our time share resort points on an exchange. IT took a full year of our points to spend a week PLUS $100 US a day for two for the all inclusive. We talked to others there who had booked a deal through the iternet and they paid far less for the accommodation, all inclusive and massages than we did going the time share route and that was a little maddening. The check in was ridiculous. The front desk could not show us an upgrade as they "didn't have a key", didn't know how much it would be or if anything was available. When I asked what the all inclusive cost was, she said $80 US each. I said that my reservation said $50 and she said OK. Other guests said they paid $88 each. It seems they pull out numbers out of the air, whatever the traffic will bear. Welcome to Mexico. We loved the one bedroom room we stayed in and didn't bother going for the upgrade. I was disappointed that many of the things we went for were not available and there was no explanation. Their in-room book said there was tai chi, painting, culinary cooking classes, etc. None available. The only pool fitness time was on Saturdays and that's it, even though the pools are gorgeous and hardly used. There was no place to even buy a stick of gum so you have this lovely kitchen in your room but nowhere to buy anything at the resort. There was a gift shop but it was locked up tight the whole week we were there. There is no pool side bar, as stated on their website. We had maid service some of the days, but some not. Never did figure that out. The internet doesn't work in the rooms, the "Business centre" is a far off building with no lights and vacant. Just a few computers. The food was good, although we would have liked some lighter fare for lunch ,no salads available and half the menu is ceviche. Same menu every day. The dining room is beautiful, but no menus. The waiter tells you verbally what they have that night, no prices mentioned either. Same Argentina Malbec every night, was the only red wine available. The food was beautifully presented, small portions and pretty good. Our check out was as ridiculous as our check in. I deliberately asked for a print out statement the night before and found they had only charged us for one night of all inclusive, the rest a la carte. I pointed out the errors, showed them the corrections and they assured me it would be solved by morning check out. Not so. Same bill handed to me and it took 20 minutes for one poor woman on her own at the front desk to handle it. The resort is small, quiet, beautiful, the rooms are lovely, the grounds are well kept, the pools are the highlight, yoga instructor very good, but you have to remember you will have to endure the same quality of disorganization and so-so service that you find all over Mexico. We love the weather, the Mexican people and the culture so we overlook it and try to enjoy the great things about this wonderful place. Relax, don't expect everything to be perfect and you will have a great vacation.

Room Tip: the lower level rooms have a very small plunge pool but it looked they were not in the sun much. One floor up over looking the pools was great.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Westcoasttraveller09
Reviewed January 27, 2012

This was the most wonderful vacation! It is definately quiet and relaxing, so dont come if you are looking for a party because it is really low key. We had a HUGE room with kitchen and living room and a pool (in the unit!) and brought our 2 yr old - it was so perfect. The food is so good you will not believe it. It is a sit down or pool/beach side service - no feeding frenzy like regular all-inclusive. The yoga classes are free and avail every day/night.
This place is a treasure - so if you got a deal - you won't believe how lucky you are!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family