Over the past ten years, my family and I have travelled extensively through Mexico and the Caribbean. We recently stayed at Taheima Wellness Resort and Spa, and can safely say that it is the best resort that we have ever visited.
First of all, to any who have concerns about security in Mexico, the resort is within a gated community, which feels very safe and secure.
Rooms were clean and spacious, and offer beautiful views of the golf course and Laguna.
Pools were beautiful; one had a warmer temperature and was very relaxing. The view from the bar balconies is spectacular at night, as the pools are lit up.
The food offered at the restaurant was phenomenal, definitely 5 star quality. I would definitely recommend purchasing the all-inclusive package, which is very affordable. With the all-inclusive package, food and non alcoholic drinks are complementary at the nearby Beach Club.
As a previous reviewer has commented, there were no bottles of water in the room. We inquired about this and understand it is part of an effort to reduce garbage in the interests of being “green.” The tap water is safe to drink but not very cold. However, there are water coolers in the gym and in the courtyard of one building, so you can refill your bottles. There are also assorted cold drinks in the lobby. My suggestion would be that the resort provide each visitor with a souvenir water bottle, fill it with water and have it waiting in the fridge for arrival. It would be a nice touch and consistent with the wellness concept and with being green. It would also be good to more water coolers spread around the resort.
I’m sure this hotel will become very popular, so I suggest booking soon before prices go up too much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taheima Wellness Resort & Spa Hideaway Retreat Defines a Holiday Experience With a Meaning and Purpose for Body, Mind and Soul. Taheima, located within 10 minutes of Puerto Vallarta International Airport, offers convenience and ease-of-access, all within its own tropical oasis. Taheima offers its own landscaped lagoons and Infinity swimming pools, beach club, Taheima artfully unites shelter with nature within a tropical environment. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Taheima Wellness Resort And Spa
- Taheima Wellness Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Taheima Wellness Resort & Spa Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit