All reviews paradise village unit pools resort vrbo condominium tigre canadian pv canada
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We recently purchased two LivingSocial deals for this property, aiming to take the extended family on a vacation there this summer.

We tried for days to call their reservation number, but only got a message saying their voicemail box was full. Finally, we got a reply to our second attempt at emailing, only to be told (after a couple of replies due to bad translations) that they were booked "by a big group" from April 15 to October 15. Who books an entire resort for six months? Better question, what resort ALLOWS itself to be booked full for six months when they just sold hundreds of vouchers (on Living Social) good for only a year?

I also spent days trying to sort out airfare, and not just for us, but for another family that was going to join us. Since we can only travel during summer months, we had to request a refund, and I wasted at least 3 or 4 nights of my time. Thankfully I didn't actually book anything yet, but it was a huge waste of time.

This was just a tremendous letdown: we were looking forward to having our first extended family vacation here. But allowing their reservation department to just toss all these potential customers aside is just terrible business. Given some of the other questionable reservation experiences we read about on this page, I think I would avoid this resort until they clean up their act.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Keith S
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Let me begin by stating that I have never written an online review, though I really appreciate reviews when making a hotel or restaurant choice. The fact that I am actually taking the time to write a review for Taheima shows how highly I recommend this wellness center and hotel.

Taheima is truly a haven for rest and relaxation. Their two pools, four jacuzzis and yoga center were amazing. One of the pools (my fav. feature of the hotel) was just a bit heated...just warm enough to comfort any chills on a breezy night! I took a couple of yoga classes and you could tell that the instructors really respect what they do as a living, one of them even gave all of us face reflexology massages to help loosen our muscles!

The rest of the hotel is equally as pleasant. From the sounds of waterfalls throughout the resort to the professional and helpful staff available at all hours.

Our rooms were cleaned almost every day, and the cleaning staff was prompt and friendly. The hotel is in a very safe location and very close to market areas. It's a walking distance to the beach club about a mile, though renting a car is recommended so that you may really take in the sites in the neighboring towns, including of course Puerto Vallarta. Parking was easily accessible from our suite and you can ask the events manager in the lobby about sites and tours that you would like to see! Our events staff member drew directions on our maps and guided us to a great little surfing village called Sayulita!

The food in the resort is healthy, clean and fresh. I loved their grilled veggie sandwich I had for lunch at the cafe! Since I usually prefer vegetarian food, it would have been nice to see some more veggie options on the menu, though the chefs are really friendly and will definitely cater to any requests!

I stayed here for about 6 nights and 7 days with my boyfriend and another couple in a two bedroom suite with a modern, beautiful kitchen, flat screen tvs, huge living room and lovely terrace. There really wasn't any complaints i had about the rooms. The beds were comfortable and the closet space was great. The bathrooms do not have tubs, but they were not missed by us, especially with such great jacuzzis only about 100 feet away and since the hotel is really private, we were able to enjoy without a crowd!

From the wind chimes, fresh juices and flowers at the lobby of the resort, up till the last night at the bar, and a late night dip in the pool, I felt nothing but relaxed, carefree and well taken care of at Taheima. It really is one of the more quiet, health oriented and stress free resorts in Nuevo V. I have stayed at others and they had the same old hotel feeling. Our suite and the staff made us feel like we were at home. This is a great choice for anybody looking for a well-deserved vacation!

6  Thank DGNYCity
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Taheima Wellness Resort February 20-24, for five nights in a one bedroom suite. We purchased this stay through Living Social, and it was an all-inclusive package (food and drinks). While we were pleased with most of our stay, there are a number of things that we think Taheima could improve upon in order to be a sought after destination.

Resort
The resort is well designed, very contemporary and well thought out. There are 2 pools in the central area as well as 4 hot tubs. 2 of the 4 hot tubs were not working during our stay due to a broken pipe. Since the resort is not on the ocean, they partner with Bahia del Sol and a shuttle leaves every 30 minutes to take guests to the beach. The resort also offers classes each day. I took Zumba and it was a lot of fun and a good workout. They offer a lot of yoga, also.

The spa is hard to find unless someone takes you there. We had $50 per day to use at the spa. But the catch is, you must have a service that is worth 900 pesos or more. It was still a good deal, I got a 50 minutes Swedish massage for $32 USD plus tip. Unfortunately the spa is located in the hotel building and the doors are not sound proof so during my massage I heard the folks in the main spa area making appointments, and people walking down the hall. Not the most relaxing experience I have had.

On one occasion we went to their business center to use the Internet. The three computers available were functioning one day, but the next afternoon they were not in operation. If you do not bring a laptop or iPad be prepared that their Business Center may be unreliable.

After 5 days of our vacation one of our room keys no longer worked. We went to the front desk and their room card machine was malfunctioning, so they couldn’t give me a new card. Fortunately, we promptly had a cleaning person open our room.

Within the Paradise Village resort area (which Taheima is a part of), there are a few cages with lions and leopards. It was fun to take a walk (about 1.5 miles to lions and .25 miles to leopards from Taheima) to see them and take photos.

Room
When arriving to the resort (10-15 minutes and $30 cab ride from the airport), we were able to check in with 30 minutes of arriving. Check-in is at 4:00 p.m. and we arrived around 3:40. The bell boy took us to our room with our luggage. We were very pleased with the spaciousness and design of our room. It included a living area, balcony and small kitchenette as well as a bedroom with king bed. It also included a full bath with separate shower and tub and a second half bath. There was also a large vanity area to get ready in the hallway and 2 closets. We had 3 complaints about our room – the wifi was spotty and didn’t always work, the water pressure changed frequently and the ceiling fans were very dusty.

Food/Drinks/All-Inclusive
It took us a bit to understand how the all-inclusive worked. We found that there is one restaurant that serves both breakfast and lunch. There is also service at the pool for snacks and drinks from about 12-5 each day. At 6 p.m. the bar opens until 1 a.m. Dinner is served in a separate restaurant next to where breakfast and lunch are served. The food is the highlight of this place. All of it was delicious and even though the portions are on the smaller side, we really enjoyed it. At dinner there are 3 options for starters and 3 options for dinner. These change each night.

On our 4th and 5th nights, we were told that certain alcohol (Absolut, Jack Daniels) were an additional charge. We had not heard this prior. I checked with the front desk and they told me that everything was included. But in both the bar and at dinner we had this come up. When we checked out, we were not charged for additional alcohol.

From what we could tell, the resort was maybe only a third full. The staff always seemed like they were running behind, it would behoove the resort to get a few more staffers, especially in the restaurants and at the pool so we weren’t waiting on our food or drinks. Or best yet, even though we were all inclusive, we had to always sign a bill at the end of our meal. I’ve stayed at other all-inclusive resorts and have never had to do that. I found it to be a hassle.
Another thing that I expected from the previous all-inclusives that I have stayed at, was some refreshments in my room. There were none and there was no gift shop on site to purchase bottles of water. We were constantly asking our servers for bottles of water at the end of meals so we could stay hydrated at the pool or beach.

Other
We decided to look into tour options with our concierge. She provided us with information on the city tour which is free. This was a really fun way to see a variety of areas in Puerto Vallarta, including old town, the boardwalk, zona romantica, the mountains, a tequila factory/tour and lunch where they filmed Predator (this was up in the mountains and in an ecological water park type area). Besides tipping your bus tour guide and driver and purchasing lunch, there’s no obligation to purchase other items on the tour if you are on a budget.

One day we walked to the Paradise Village mall, which is about 6-7 blocks away from Taheima. This is a good place to buy souvenirs if you don’t plan to go downtown or on other tours. It also has a number of American eateries like Subway, McDonalds and Starbucks plus a grocery store for those who want to stock their fridge with snacks and drinks back at the resort. Beware that since the mall is owned by the resort, there are a number of shops there with timeshare sellers acting as store merchants. Don’t get suckered in like we did.

5  Thank rachelrs6
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Rooms were excellent...individual pools fantastic...took too long to Walk from lobby to suites...shuttle service to beach and golf course was poor..management new and trying hard but lots of training needed...staff lack knowledge of English affects service...
Used restaurant 3-4 times...service was ok...food was Luke warm...
Good intentions but poor execution...

1  Thank HWood_54
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending a week at Tahiema in January. We did get an Internet special through Jetsetter and did not encounter any of the issues that were mentioned on the other reviews. We had a 2 bedroom suite with a plunge pool . The grounds were kept beautifully, and our room had all the needed amenities and was very clean. They offer many services from massages to Yoga classes which is a very nice touch. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and special thanks to Jesus in the restaurant for going out of his way to make it even more special. And now the food . The breakfast and dinners that we had were spectacular geared towards healthy but with no compromise in flavors or presentation. They food rivals the best restaurants we find back in the states.

Thanks again for a wonderful vacation

Charles and Romana