We spent the last week of January and the first week of February at this lovely resort. We had a tropical view room and enjoyed the peace and quiet as well as the view of the mountains. A great place to have coffee in the morning or relax after a day at the beach. The biggest surprise was the beach. Having been to several all inclusive on the Mayan Riviera I was not too thrilled when hubby suggested we try the west coast this year. We're "beach people" and I was so sure I'd be missing the beaches we'd come to love in the Playa area. Not so, the Nuevo beach is gorgeous. Miles and miles of walking and rolling surf that's just right to boogey board in (too mch fun!) As many have stated the one thing that really shines at this resort is the staff. They are completely service oriented and cannot do enough for you.
We enjoyed all the restaurants with El Patio being our favorite (the table for two right by the window is so romantic!). Thanks to our waiter Gabrielle who's service was impecable and personality was so warm and friendly. The coconut shrimp appy at the Seaside Grill was one of our favorites along with the filet mignon in blue cheese sauce at El Patio.
We took lots of day trip to places and used the bus system extensively. You just cross the street in front of the hotel and wait for the bus that has "Rui" printed on the windshield. This will take you to Walmart and the harbor area in PV, then you just transfer to a city bus to go right down town PV. Great way to get to know the area. We also got a day pass to Dreams PV and really enjoyed that as well. A whole different vibe there as it is in it's own bay and very lush and tropical feel to it. We had lunch at the seaside restaurant and it was fantastic.
Tip: If your in the mood for a massage walk out to the beach, turn right and walk down about the equivalant of 2 city blocks until you see a sandwhich sign on the beach saying "Patty's Massage". Hubby and I had an hour long couples massage for $55.00 total. It was to die for-so good I treated myself to a second one the day before we left!
The only negative comment I have is concerning some of the "clowns" that feel the need to drink themselves blind then yell and scream and generally make complete idiots of themselves at the expense of the other guests. Fortunately this only lasted a couple of days and everything quieted right down again.
An example of the "extra effort" this resort goes to was the Super Bowl party they threw on the beach. Huge giant screen projectors were set up along with several TV's. The entertainment staff were all dressed as football players, A massive beach buffet with everything from chicken wings, pizza, hamburgers, potatoe wedges, make your own sundaes and a ton of other food. It was decorated beautifully and they had worked all day setting it up, a bonus we really enjoyed. This is the type of "extra effort" is something this resort excels at!
Would we go there again - you bet! Great job Dreams!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Villamagna brings Unlimited-Luxury® to families, couples and friends in a picturesque setting with the Sierra Madre Mountains in the distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Nuevo
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayarit