“February 2011” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
“February 2011”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We spent a week at this resort. Overall, I would rate it very good. Facilities and locale are excellent. The staff were outstanding, and invariably helpful; the restaurants were superb, and the bar staff relentless. Overall, very positive. On the less than positive side, housekeeping was inconsistent. The resort advertised robes and slippers in our suite. Never materialised. Towels were thread-bare, and we had to ask on a daily basis for either bath towels, face cloths or hand towels. Two and a half days without hot water was a significant inconvenience. Finally, being steered upon check-in to time share sales people was insulting, unacceptable and inappropriate. Overall rating? A good three and a half star..

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Harry H
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Guest:

We are really glad you enjoyed our facilities; Restaurants and the service provided by our amazing staff that is qualified to achieve our main goal which is satisfy all of our guests. As for the hot water, we got new equipment, it is now working perfectly. On reference to the towels issue it is really surprising for me to hear this, believe me that as a quality control manager I will follow up along with the house keeping supervisor and the Room Division Manager to improve in this area.

As for the Vacation Club, we will examine the method to approach the guest and improve their guest service skills, as well as the verbal usage in order to prevent a negative perception from our guests.

Once again thank you for your suggestions and for your preference, we hope to welcome you back in a near future!!

Quality Control Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (972)
Penticton, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We went to Dreams Villamagna for a wedding. And let me just say that is how one should get married.
I love all inclusive Vacations, I can start to relax as soon as I'm checked in. But at this resort I was relaxed during the check in:)
The room was just as it is advertised, and our maid made it even more beautiful by adding some beautiful flowers every day, Thanks!
We were a party of 30 and all had the same beautiful rooms.
The three pools are beautiful and heated, and each has a different temperature.
Food was very good, in all the restaurants, but Portofino was my favorite.
The night life is pretty much non existent at this resort. There is a bar on the roof but it usually shut down before midnight:(
I loved the location of this place, I'm a runner and had many great routes. The beach is long and flat. And if I wanted to go road running, I felt the neighborhood was plenty safe to go running on my own.
I felt completely pampered at this beautiful resort and would love to come back:)

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!!!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JennyistReiselustig
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review about Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa; it was a really pleasure hosting you in your wedding celebration. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and the special touch that the maid gave to it every day. I am also glad to hear that you liked our 3 beautiful pools and our restaurants specially the Portofino which was your favorite. I agree with you that our beach is spectacular and really safe for running and taking long walks.

Please keep in touch with our Public Relations Manager for your next visit. I know that it is going to be a pleasure for her to take good care of you.

Best Regards,

Quality Control
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

We were at Dreams Villamagna in the middle of January for a destination wedding. Last year, we stayed at Dreams PV and hadn’t planned on returning (it was nice but nothing outstanding); however, our friends happened to choose this as their wedding location.

Last year, we had a few problems around check-in and ended up having to move rooms. To ensure a smooth experience this year, I emailed the resort in advance of our arrival to confirm our reservation and room request. As well, I told them we were celebrating my husband’s birthday and our anniversary. Brenda at Dreams responded and did an outstanding job coordinating things for our arrival. Check-in was flawless, our room type and location were great and there was birthday cake and sparkling wine in our room! When we returned to our room later that evening, there was a ‘happy birthday banner’ and our fabulous housekeeper Teresa had decorated the room with balloons and glass beads on the bed. A couple days later, they did the same thing for our anniversary. Such great service and attention to detail!

Now for the review of the actual resort: The rooms were good- we had a junior oceanview suite, but we found the open concept (read open bathroom) problematic because we tend to have slightly different schedules. If one person is up then you are both up. The Jacuzzi on the balcony was a nice touch and fun . We were with about 60 people and everyone we talked to enjoyed it at least once. The flooring in all the rooms is unbelievably slippery when even a bit wet. We know one person who fell quite badly and we both nearly did, too. I wouldn’t recommend this resort for elderly people for that reason.

Food and drinks were overall good to very good; some of the local seafood was outstanding. We had no problem finding beach chairs and the drink service on the beach was good (remember to tip your waiters!) The beach is great and wide. You can walk miles in each direction.

This resort closes down early. Everything is lights out by 12:30 or 1 am and they are sorely missing a lounge type bar. We would not go back to this resort for this reason alone. There is a bar on the roof, but it’s more of a loud music dance bar than a place just to chill out. The lobby bar is really just a bar located nearly at the curb where you get into taxis. We like to have a place to go before and/or after dinner to listen to music, play cards, whatever.

We did not upgrade to the Preferred Floor and I was glad we didn’t. Unlike the Dreams PV resort where I was glad we upgraded, here there was no difference in the preferred rooms themselves – we had friends on the floor so we did investigate. They did have free wireless and an area with snacks and drinks nicely laid out, but you can get a snack anytime through the 24 hour room service, which is quite speedy at this resort.

One negative comment for this resort – the staff is, for the most part, wonderful but they are not empowered to make decisions. Therefore, if you have any problems outside the scope of what they are prepared to deal with, expect to have a bit of a tussle. We had room charges we disputed and we are aware of at least one other party who had long distance phone calls to Europe on their bill that they never made.

Overall, our experience was much like last year. We enjoyed it but it’s not on our amazing list – except for Brenda, thanks again.

Notes on the destination wedding: There were some issues with Dreams on the wedding front and they were not able to provide timely information to the bride among other things. She wasn’t very happy and ended up relocating the wedding to the Martoca Beach Gardens (www.martoca.com). It’s a short drive from the resort and it was AMAZING! It felt like we were all at a celebrity event. Odette, the wedding coordinator, was such a pro and pulled off an unforgettable evening with not a lot of notice. On top of that, the total cost was also less than what Dreams had quoted.

Bachelorette party: I organized a salsa dancing lesson in Puerto Vallarta through Alma at Yoga Vallarta (http://www.yogavallarta.com). It was about an hour and a half and was a blast! Very reasonable $$. We then had dinner on the beach at La Palapa, which is walking distance from the studio. Delish!

Room Tip: If you book oceanview, request 5th floor or higher.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank kasearle
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, 18 February 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion and your travel experiences in this forum. I am happy to hear your husband´s birthday was celebrated in such special way; I will let know Brenda & Teresa your recognition to their attention. It is also nice to hear you enjoyed the Jacuzzi as many of our guests do and have such a great time. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the food, the beach and the service provided by our pool waiters.
Please rest assured that we will be taking all of your suggestions in consideration to improve our service in these areas of opportunity; our goal is to have all of our guests completely satisfied

Thank you once again for sharing the experience of your stay with us, I hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back again on your next anniversary and let us spoil you.

Best Regards,
Kelowna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

We spent the last week of January and the first week of February at this lovely resort. We had a tropical view room and enjoyed the peace and quiet as well as the view of the mountains. A great place to have coffee in the morning or relax after a day at the beach. The biggest surprise was the beach. Having been to several all inclusive on the Mayan Riviera I was not too thrilled when hubby suggested we try the west coast this year. We're "beach people" and I was so sure I'd be missing the beaches we'd come to love in the Playa area. Not so, the Nuevo beach is gorgeous. Miles and miles of walking and rolling surf that's just right to boogey board in (too mch fun!) As many have stated the one thing that really shines at this resort is the staff. They are completely service oriented and cannot do enough for you.
We enjoyed all the restaurants with El Patio being our favorite (the table for two right by the window is so romantic!). Thanks to our waiter Gabrielle who's service was impecable and personality was so warm and friendly. The coconut shrimp appy at the Seaside Grill was one of our favorites along with the filet mignon in blue cheese sauce at El Patio.
We took lots of day trip to places and used the bus system extensively. You just cross the street in front of the hotel and wait for the bus that has "Rui" printed on the windshield. This will take you to Walmart and the harbor area in PV, then you just transfer to a city bus to go right down town PV. Great way to get to know the area. We also got a day pass to Dreams PV and really enjoyed that as well. A whole different vibe there as it is in it's own bay and very lush and tropical feel to it. We had lunch at the seaside restaurant and it was fantastic.
Tip: If your in the mood for a massage walk out to the beach, turn right and walk down about the equivalant of 2 city blocks until you see a sandwhich sign on the beach saying "Patty's Massage". Hubby and I had an hour long couples massage for $55.00 total. It was to die for-so good I treated myself to a second one the day before we left!
The only negative comment I have is concerning some of the "clowns" that feel the need to drink themselves blind then yell and scream and generally make complete idiots of themselves at the expense of the other guests. Fortunately this only lasted a couple of days and everything quieted right down again.
An example of the "extra effort" this resort goes to was the Super Bowl party they threw on the beach. Huge giant screen projectors were set up along with several TV's. The entertainment staff were all dressed as football players, A massive beach buffet with everything from chicken wings, pizza, hamburgers, potatoe wedges, make your own sundaes and a ton of other food. It was decorated beautifully and they had worked all day setting it up, a bonus we really enjoyed. This is the type of "extra effort" is something this resort excels at!
Would we go there again - you bet! Great job Dreams!!!

Room Tip: We really liked the Tropical View room. After being at the beach all day it was nice to take a break...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank pawsy
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Dreams Villamagna Resort and Spa. I am pleased to see that you found the service to be great and know that we have accomplished one of our main goals that is our guest satisfaction. Your recognition is crucial to maintain the positive attitude and enthusiasm; I would like to mention that reviews like yours, gives us the certainty that we are heading on the right direction and that we are able to make our guests feel at home. We are also glad that you enjoyed all of our restaurants; especially the patio, your room with a great tropical view and also agree that our beach is extraordinary for a long nice walk. I will let Gabriel know about your recognition.

Please keep in touch with our Public Relations Manager Brenda for any assistance on your next visit. I know that she is going to be very happy to take a good care of you.

Quality Control.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

It has been one month since we went to Dreams – We have not gotten a satisfactory response from management regarding the theft from our safe.
We had returned from a tour –to find the code on our safe had been changed – we contacted hotel staff – they opened our safe – we discovered that a large amount of money was missing –please note not everything was missing – they were hoping we did not notice - please note there was no damage to our room door or the safe –our room and safe were secure when we left for the day - if you have ever had the guest before you leave the safe locked you know how easy it is to get into the safe with the pass card and code
We contacted hotel management – but nothing has been done and they don’t seem to care- we have heard from other people that they have had the same problem in PV – we recommend to stay from away from Dreams

Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
13 Thank papa_bear855
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

Overall a very beautiful place. They tried to Americanize the food....I was expecting authentic Mexican cuisine. The bed was OK, had some difficulty sleeping because the mattress had an indent (were others have slept before) - it was well used. There were never enough towels, hand towels and washcloths - we always had to call for room service to provide them for us. One day we were without hot water - no showers - which was a little uncomfortable after a day at the beach.
The resort itself was very nice and clean - but signs of wear were apparent in the Gohan Sushi bar upstairs, the vanity tray in the bathroom and some plumbing fixtures were loose.

Room Tip: Bring washcloths and extra towels.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Krrn789
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, this type of reviews helps us to detect areas of opportunity , be assured that your feedback is certainly being taken into consideration and acted upon.

We hope to see you back at your home away from home in the near future.

Quality Control.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Very nice little resort. Clean, quiet & friendly. Exceptional staff & security. Food was very good in both buffet & alacarts. Large clean jr. suite with beautiful ocean view [5th floor]. Quick elevators [glassed in]. Very small lobby, 3 large pools [1 unheated]. Exceptional beach that is wide, smooth, level & runs for miles. Minimal beach vendors. Destination wedding people are a pain, as they are usually young & noisy & drunk. This resort is 60% private ownership, a fact that is not disclosed in the travel brochures. That long bank of white buildings you see in the literature is ALL private. All in all, a very nice facility. We would return.

Room Tip: Try to get ocean view 3rd. floor or higher.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank ronwake409
Dear Guest

I would like to express our most sincere gratitude for your positive comments about our Resort. We are glad you enjoyed our restaurants and the beautiful beach.
On behalf of all the Dreams Villamagna family, thank you for staying with us, we are looking forward to receiving you again in the near future.

It is a pleasure!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuevo Vallarta
10.8 km away
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#40 of 125 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,332 reviews

Been to Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!