This is our 6th different all-inclusive resort in Mexico and by FAR the best service out of all of them (El Cid, Barcelo and Riu chains). From Julio at the beach bar to Oscar at the Oceana, we were blown away! Everyone is happy and bends over backwards to ensure your vacation is as perfect as it can be. When you say "gracias" or "thank you", everyone's immediate response is "my pleasure". Dreams clearly has the best of the best working for them. Bring lots of $1's and $5's for tipping. Everyone works so hard for you, you will want to thank them appropriatly. They deserve it!!!
Food- the Oceana is the best by far and I loved not having to make reservations! What a concept! Ask for Oscar I. (there are two) to be your server and don't forget to tip well. I loved having sit down lunches and not being forced to a "blah" buffet for lunch like all the other AI resorts we have stayed at. Dinner there was amazing as well. The Ahi and Mahi Mahi were better than some of the fine dinning establishments I have eaten at in Seattle for $35+ a plate. The morning buffet left a lot to be desired, however it helped to keep my waistline in tact! The Italian and Mexican dinners were good, but nothing compared to Oceana.
Room - we stayed in a mountain view room on the 4th floor - first time ever we have not paid the extra $$$ for an ocean view and boy were we pleasantly surprised! The mountains are beautiful and from the deck you could see the ocean anyway. We are never in the room, so if you are like us, don't spend the $$ on ocean view at this resort.
Beach - clean, great for walking and safe.
Resort set up and grounds- the good and the bad. Well, this would not be my top pick (but they sure try hard). The pools are fairly boring and the layout is odd. There is no "grand" lobby to enjoy drinks/socialize at night. We really missed having one of those big, welcoming lobbies in the evenings. The landscaping is nice, but not over the top like the other resorts we have been to. The Dreams condos block the sun to the pool until about 10:30 in the am. You never have to fight for a lounge chair at the pool, there are plenty to go around which was a huge plus.
Overall, we were totally impressed with the staff, service and food at Dreams - which is why would would come back. Thank you Oscar I. and Julio for making our vacation a memorable one. Maybe we will see you again next year :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Villamagna brings Unlimited-Luxury® to families, couples and friends in a picturesque setting with the Sierra Madre Mountains in the distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Nuevo
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayarit