“Great Spring Break” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Schaumburg
“Great Spring Break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We took our family of 4 to Puerto Vallarta for the first time in March of 2012. We were not disappointed. The weather & views were spectacular. The resort was good. The staff was wonderful and very attentive. The food was good at every restaurant. Our favorite was Juan at Nona Ma Hana. Our biggest complaint was the bathrooms. There was no counter space, and not very sound proof. A little intimidating with 4 people in one room. Luckily the Triton bar was right behind our room, so we found ourselves using the public bathrooms as much as possible.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor with a patio. Nice and easy to get to Triton Bar for food and beverage...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank ydnic29
Customer Servic... A, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Thank you again for your comments and taking the time to give us feedback, as you know is really important to us all the information that guests can provide as it help to revamp our processes.
We would be delighted to have the opportunity to host you again in Mexico and the Dominican Republic.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (766)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

My BF and I recently had a wonderful vacation at the Vallarta Pallace (now a Hard Rock). This was our second visit to the hotel in four years.
The entire week was very relaxing and hassle free. I can’t say enough about the highly professional, attentive staff. From room services, pool side cocktails (thank you Humberto) and all of the dining options --- our experience exceeded our expectations. We ate in all of the venues: Italian, Sushi, Brazilian and Mexican….I especially appreciated the fresh blended juice options at breakfast.

Our room had excellent wireless connectivity…and I was able to print my documents at the computer station (at no cost) Also, a big plus was free phone (thank you Louis the operator).

The pool offered a good balance of excitement and quiet. When I wanted action---I did the water aerobics in the main pool. The grounds are very well kept and lots of palm trees and some plants were tagged and identified. There were plenty of chairs and umbrella on the beach...and the sand was raked and clean.

I recommend PV Palace for couples and families, there’s plenty to do for everyone and the value was there. One day I took a water taxi (about $24 round trip) into Old PV and had lunch and shopped one day.

Room Tip: Were were very happy on the 200 level, right off the pool area ...and no need to use the elevator. G...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are glad to know that your expectations were fulfilled; we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and always provide you with the experience you deserve and have come to expect from us.

Kind regards,
Chapala, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Feb 25-March3, 2012 Vallarta Palace Nuevo Vallarta
“The Milestone return trip After Cancer”
We were quite early for check in as we had just come from Velas Vallarta in Puerto Vallarta. We pulled up in car ,they said no problem checking in now at 12 noon. Perfect. The bellboys unloaded our car and then we proceeded to check in….Got our room assignment and met with Timeshare Upgrade person, who also arranged for an upgrade room with our credits for us. So we have a balcony…but room will not be ready until 2pm, ok no problem we will book our credits…We arranged to go to upgrade meeting for next day, and were to receive a beach bag of goodies along with the Romantic Dinner for two, which we were fine with and wanted to know what was going on with resort anyway in regards to Hard Rock changes and such. Had lunch at Brazalian Restaurant. We were on an Incentive week so thus our credits were only 750 and we did not get the usual mani, pedi and 25 min. massage, We did ask for an exception on the credits as we had heard others had gotten it and also since this was milestone for us in returning. Especially since we pointed it out to them and they did not even realize, but the answer was no, oh well we tried. It was quite time consuming to do the booking and decide what to use your credits for so we only did some of them…it was 200 for the room upgrade, and you could use 200 for the spa max. so I booked a mani, pedi and Holistic massage, and I would owe $19. US. That was fine with me. We also booked the Caribbean dinner for 198 credits and the Canal Tour which was 80 credit for the two of us. About 1:30 ish they told us our room was ready and they put all our belongings in there.

The rooms though nice are on the small side for me. They do have a two person Jacuzzi which takes a lot of space. When you walk in room to the right is the bathroom, the sink is outside of the toilet and shower area. No tub. Plenty of towels. Bio-silk shampoo, conditioner, shower cap soap. etc.. and said if you needed toothpaste or brushes etc. to ask, we had our own. Beyond the bathroom same side is the Jacuzzi, and then a nightstand and the king bed and beyond that another night stand. Telephone in the room. On other side is a large closet, plenty of space, they give you slippers and use of robes….there is a safe in the closet and a 15 inch laptop or Ipad could easily fit. Beyond this is a glass table and 2 chairs, with a complimentary bottle of wine. An armoire beyond this holds a pod coffee maker, ice bucket ( there are ice machines on every or every other floor, I liked that), a mini frig. with beer, soda, juice and water which they replenish daily. Coffee pods and coffee cups are there along with tea and sugar and substitutes etc. There is in room alcohol in the armoire in a pull out shelf with J&B Scotch, Absolut Vodka, Bacardi Rum, & Jose Cuervo Especial tequila, we never even touched any of it. A flat screen tv and remote…extra bottles of water…Also aromatherapy pot since concierge level. Pillow menu as well. We tried one of the specialty pillows and well frankly no big deal for us, the regular pillows were fine. The aromatherapy we did enjoy. Turn down service at night is provided but like many resorts it is done way too early. Aperitifs ( treats) are bought to room every day on concierge level around 5ish…they were a treat but certainly not a huge deal….chocolates etc.. specially presented. The best part of the room upgrade was the balcony which we could sit on. We unpacked got settled and then went for a roam about the grounds etc. Later we just relaxed on our balcony and then we got ready for dinner.

We dined at MoHoNoHona ( Oriental Restaurant), we had variety of items and sauces, from sweet to hot. Spring rolls and Vietnamese rolls, Sweet & Sour Pork, white and pork fried rice, all were very tasty. I did the whole meal with chopsticks, so it was a fairly long meal LOL. Service was good as well ,very attentive. Afterwards we went to Lounge where they had a show of 70 & 80’s music, which lasted about an hour. The Dancers were excellent. Veronica was our waitress in the lounge and she was very attentive. My taste treat drink for tonight was a Jamaica Margarita, was different, I like Jamaica but maybe not as Margarita. Glad I tried it though, then I switched to Palomas with Don Julio, my stand by. Goal: to try many of the martinis on martini menu as I can while here without ill effects of course. So this was a good day we had an awesome breakfast at Velas Vallarta, then moved to Vallarta Palace in Nuevo Vallarta where check in and out of both places was smooth without glitch. Had good dinner and supper at Vallarta Palace along with entertainment. Plus we scheduled much of our credits, though we have some left. Tomorrow we meet regarding the update and also regarding a spa card of which I lost $200 in money due to illness…who knows maybe they will reinstate.

Feb 26, 2012 Sunday…
11am off to presentation and breakfast, or so we thought. After a little conversation with salesperson, we realize no move to attend breakfast which we have not had so we asked, She thought we already had it..hahah..so off we went to restaurant… They are now selling an addition to your Palace contract called Hard Rock Legacy….It provides you with World and Match weeks. World weeks you can trade with RCI for a fee and Match weeks are weeks at one of the 4 rebranded Hard Rock resorts. Each week you use at set AI fee, you get another week at free or highly reduced rate. It includes the 4 Hard Rock brands which will be Punta Cana, Adventura, Cancun Palace and Vallarta Palace. ( Apparently this was brought about by aging owners and family wishes etc. for division. ) Our contacts were first Miguel , then Lilli, then salesman Jorge. Certainly sounds like a good addition even though you can still use any of the Hard Rocks with your Palace member ship as well. After update we went to Triton Snack Bar for lunch and then laid by the pool, for about an hour after which time, I went and had a mani and pedi by Erika, who was very personable and did an excellent job.
Dinner we had at Italian, Mar Intimo. We had Luis for a waiter and he was so personable, funny and provided excellent service. The types of foods we had were salad, , eggplant, Lasagna, Ravioli, Filet, all were very good and filet very tender. For dessert we had Ice Cream coated with Nutmeg almond ball…very good crunchy chocolate covered ice cream ball. Stuffed. Great meal though. After dinner we took a walk along the grounds and then went to the Lobby Bar to listen to Karaoke and then retired to room fairly early.

Feb 27, 2012 Monday..
Had an great buffet breakfast at Bouganvillas Restaurant this morning, huge assortment of items. At 10am we picked up our friends Emmy & Pete and headed to the Zoo. We did not hit any traffic , had a very pleasant ride and we were at the zoo within an hour. We paid the 100 pesos admission and 50 pesos food fee for the zoo and one of our group also paid 100 pesos or 200 more to pet the leopard babies. We had an excellent time roaming about the zoo, interacting with the animals. The flamingos were beautiful along with the peacocks who were strutting their stuff, wings wide open. The goats were quite aggressive in getting the food and there was no doubt who was in charge and who was not. The giraffe was very friendly and we got some great pictures feeding him. The Ape, not sure of correct name was calmer than our last visit but gave us so many laughs as he was making faces with my husband, actually copying them. Finally hubby opened his mouth wide and the Ape went crazy, making noises opening his mouth as wide as could be etc…I think all was a show of power from the Ape to hubbie and back..LOL. The monkey were so smart, actually patting their chests as if to say throw the peanut to me, I was throwing peanuts to one or two and others would do this. The spider monkey very clever, tried to take a bottle of Pepsi from my pocket with his tail, quite comical and what a commercial it would have made LOL. He also tried to get into my pocketbook and even tried to take my earrings so be careful. The leopard cubs I think were like 10-12 weeks, though they appeared quite big. One in our party actually went in and petted and played with one. There was a man before playing with another baby and he got him all riled up, rough housing and such, the cub actually ripped his shirt and was biting his hand…I do not suggest you do this. The person tending them actually asked him to stop more than once. There is a lot of walking going to the zoo, but is handicapped accessible, with ramps etc….bathrooms leave a lot to be desired but they are plentiful. We had not been to the zoo in maybe a year or more so we really enjoyed it. Pretty much all was the same, though they were doing some construction to make bigger areas for some of the animals. The animals appear to be fed and kept well. This is a fun, interactive experience for all. I do advise if taking kids , watch those hands, little fingers could get into cages and such and animals do bite. After the zoo, we decided to stop at El Set Restaurant on the way back. It is located next to Lindo Mar Resort up on the the cliff overlooking the bay. We arrived about 1:45, plenty of parking and we sat with a great view of bay. There were only about 4 other tables with customers, but the service was great, the view wonderful. We had great conversation, and a relaxing lunch. I had the Shrimp Burrito and it was excellent I must say…and plentiful at 80 pesos, packed with shrimp, I believe it might have included fries as well ( I forget LOL). Hubbie had a hamburger and fries which he said was very good with a lot of fries and not a small hamburger either, large, also 80 pesos. We would and will go back to El Set. We took our time driving back to Nuevo, stopping a few places along the way. Finally we dropped our friends off at Paradise Village Mall and we went back to Vallarta Palace. A fun day was had by all. We sat on our balcony after returning and relaxed with some coffee. Later we dined at the Brazilian Restaurant. The hostess was excellent, very attentive, pleasant and happy. Rudolfo our waiter was also very good, and right on top of things. There is a salad bar and other staples you go up to…has veggies, baked and mashed potatoes, breads etc… along with salad…you have a card which you turn over when you no longer want food, think it says either no or no mas or lleno ( full) ( why I did not take picture is beyond me..LOL). They come around with meat on skewers and place on your plate as per your request, they such things as beef, pork, chicken, chorizo, etc. Certainly something could be found you liked. We left very full, unable to even try any dessert. After dinner off to Lobby Bar where they had live music. I tried a Jade martini, not liking but then had a Blue Hawaiian which was very good. They have a large drink menu in the bar so you can try many different drinks, sort of fun. I tried to have a different taste of a drink every night. When we were here 3 years ago, I was a smoker, as was a friend we met, so we sat outside of lobby bar where you can smoke and be served etc. We sat indoors every night this time , now a non-smoker. You can sit at bar stools and tables, couches, chairs , etc…very pleasant seating arrangements. Last visit we also had Bumblebee Shots which I have not been able to find anywhere else, exactly the same. We ordered them and toasted to our good friend Norm, who we still stay in touch with. I will keep it a surprise exactly what they are and let you just order one when in Vallarta area, they must have them other places. It is a pretty , sweet shot…nothing harsh. They apparently had a Casino Night in Lobby Bar earlier tonight but we arrived late and missed it. We headed to room around 12:30-1ish and we had had a great day and night. Will write reviews for El Set Restaurant and also The Zoo on Trip Advisor etc..

Tuesday Feb 28, 2012
Room Service breakfast today and they were 15minutes early..yikes, or I checked the wrong time. Spent day by pool and a few complaints, pool service was very slow today and also the little plastic cups they use, way too small and flimsy. The pools are nice, hot tubs, lots of loungers, umbrellas etc. You can also lay on beach if you choose and their is even a special reserved area for Members and Concierge Level I believe it is. The beach I is nice and flat and you can do some nice walking along it. There is also a nice Gym located on site with treadmills, weights and any other machines , air conditioned of course. Had a Holistic Spa today and Inhibit Facial. The massage was very good but could have used a tad more pressure. Jovita was my masseuse and she also did facial and even braided my hair on top quite nicely. This whole thing was very, very relaxing. Unheard of for me I believe I actually took a short light nap. We dined at Mexican restaurant tonight which was good with tons of variety. Later I had a Diamond Martini which was excellent. (made with apple vodka and blue curacoa). Food throughout has been quite good at each restaurant with a lot of variety. It is mostly high end buffet or partially so. Which is fine but of course we really like al la carte and sit down…but this is top quality buffet portions with some aspects sit down. The bar lobby was so cold with A/C blaring tonight almost intolerable, they did lower it after being told. Looking around everyone had sweaters and such on.

Wednesday Feb 29, 2012
Breakfast buffet was very good again today. We went on the Canal Tour which was 40 each in credits. We have been on it before. Hubby likes, I do not care for it. You go on a boat along the canals seeing the houses of supposedly some famous people and such, as well as lots of birds, crocodiles, and such. It is a peaceful ride but for me just does not give me a thrill. After this tour which is about 1.5 hours we met up with a friend at the Paraadise Village mall. We had a nice time chatting and we all got a soda and a McDonalds soft serve ice cream. I know very strange but our closest McDonalds is an hour away. Later in the day we had room service deliver two shrimp cocktails, nice presentation in an orange peel.
For dinner tonight we went to the Romantic Dinner which was either 350 credits or as we did, we got it for attending presentation. It was held on the sand of the beach, very romantic atmosphere with the tables, lighting, , and such….only problem was the weather which was very, very windy and actually cold. Many went back to rooms to get sweaters. The evening started with champagne, then drinks were ordered and then there was a set menu which consisted of as a main entrée, Filet and Lobster tail. The service was good though a tad slow on the drinks, maybe due to being on beach. The filet was cooked correctly and very tender and the lobster tail was the best warm water tail I have had yet…( and as you will hear maybe ever LOL). The professional photographer on site took photos, and you could view them tomorrow morning and use credits to purchase or pay. You did have to pay the tax either way. We ended up purchasing, two of 4 taken…nice memories. After dinner we went to lobby bar and they had karaoke for awhile then live music. I tried a Passion Martini which is a Peach martini, quite different and good.

Thursday March 1, 2012
Today was a people watch day..group from Pepsi came in, many. We sunbathed, walked the beach, and lounged. Once again drink service by pool very slow, also sow at Triton Snack Bar for lunch. We dined at Mar Intimo , the Italian restaurant again. It was full, but Ivan and out other waiters were very good. The food was not quite as good as the other night though. Salad, Soup, Tortellini Gnocchi was good. Salmon was just okay, Rib Eye just okay on the tough side and we did get lobster tail with our credits and they were not half as good as the night of Romantic Dinner. The AppleTartlet with figs we shared and it was good. So this time at Mar Intimo was nothing to write home about, just okay. A show was held in the Amphitheatre, 70’s & 80 music theme. Spent some time in Lounge and then went to room on early side to do a little early packing.

Friday March 2, 2012
Today the resort is crowded with the Pepsi convention. It is also substantially louder in restaurants and throughout. We hung at beach, had lunch Triton Snack Bar. At 2;30 Ihad a hot stone massage with Veronica. The room was cold, and the hot stones are just different…and she was a bit rough actually. All in all it was a good massage just not all I expected. I do not think I would do that type again.
Caribbean Dinner tonight. Held on beach with 6-8 people per table. Stage and backdrops set up on beach. The show was excellent with dancers representing different countries and the tables also representing a country. The meal was a preset menu ( with each course representing a different country) tasty but nothing incredible. We sat with some couples from Canada, and we all had a nice fun time. Later we went to the show in the Lounge which was called “Grease” from the movie. Again a great show.
Later in the night we ordered some room service snacks, went to front desk and checked our bill which was the $19. I mentioned for the Spa, but they did reinstate my $200. Spa cr4edits from our former purchase so I used all those up…and was very appreciative of them doing that. We also had the IVA ( Tax)on the two pictures which came to $6.50 US. Finished packing for our departure tomorrow.

Best things about the resort…clean and well maintained, with free internet (WiFI) throughout resort including in room and Free calls to US and Canada, including cell phones and calls to Mexico free but not cells. Excellent for business men such as my husband. No reservations necessary for restaurants and the beach is nice and flat and great for walking. Located right across the street from Paradise Village mall and also a new Medical Center. The Lounge and the shows are also a real nice addition to the resort. The rooms though very nicely appointed are on the small side as the Jacuzzi takes up a lot of room and most rooms only have a French balcony. The food was good but hit or miss at times. Service always pleasant but could be slow may times..
No real complaints or such, had a great time, and am happy with Palace Resorts.

The resort is good for all ages, has a kids club 4 and up, activities by pool daily…handicap accessible.

Room Tip: Higher floors better view....request concierge level for sit out balcony...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bezerk
Customer Servic... A, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
On behalf of Vallarta Palace, I would like to thank you for taking the time to send this detailed review on your experience at our resort.
We strive to provide you with the best possible service that is why we thank you for pointing out what you consider both our strong and weak points.

You may rest assured we will take all of your comments in consideration, such as your perception on the slow service by the pool and the inconsistent quality of service and taste of the food at our restaurants, in order to improve our service.

We are really glad to know that you enjoyed very much the shows and the spa and you had a wonderful experience; our goal is to always provide the best stay possible.
We are looking forward to host you again here at Vallarta Palace.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Arrived March 4th. My wife and I have been to many, many All Inclusives and this is won of the best!
Spotlessly clean, staff very accomodating, the food was Very Very good, even though the resort was only at about 30% capacity. Ordered Baileys with coffee every morning, no problem.No problem getting a lounger around the pool or on the beach. The lunch snack bar was very good. Drink service very good. Try the pizza at the pizza bar.....!
The Italian restraunt was very good. We do not really enjoy Brazilian but the meat was appetizing. Order Chocolate Martini from the lobby bar.......they will even make it to your directions. Good gym with 4 treadmills ,mats weights. etc.
Take out the Free bikes and tool around the beautiful neighborhood homes around the Marina.
Take the bus into PV....very easy, very inexpensive and an enjoyable ride. For something a little different take the Water Taxi, $14.00 each, one way into the Old town of PV.....a beautiful way to arrive into the town.
Get up in the morning slap on a hat and sunscreen, carry your sandles and walk to Bucerias, about a 1and a half hour fast pace walk, have a bucket of beer at Fat Boys for 100 pesos while listening to Johhny Cash or the solo singer , eat some coconut shrimp. maybe another few beers and then walk home......or take the bus.....
....a week like this makes you really start to look forward to retirement......what a beautiful part of the world!
ENJOY!!
Life is Good!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the ocean.
7 Thank LarryG
Customer Servic... A, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
On behalf of Vallarta Palace, we would like to thank you for taking the time to send your comments about our resort. We are really glad to know that you had a wonderful and enjoyable experience and we would be delighted to have the opportunity to host you again in Mexico and the Dominican Republic.

Highland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

I, along with 4 other guests just payed a visit to the Vallarta Palace resort for a week starting on March 3, 2012. I understand that puerto vallarta has gotten bad publicity lately and that the economy is sluggish. You, at the resort, should know just what a fantastic time we all had. Me and my husband own a take out restaurant in Michigan and are absolutely aware of how important service, cleanliness, product quality and hospitality is to a successful operation. It can be extremely difficult to keep these up to excellent standards during slow times in customer counts. Even though your Resort was experiencing a low customer count, which can be descerning in this economy, you should be aware of what an excellent job your staff did. The water and entertainment staff (Diego, Lalo, Rigo. Adrian, Fredy, Diana, Natali, Adrian from Bugabilias, Anabel + Miguel from the pool wait staff) would not take NO for an answer when trying to involve guests into the day and evening activities. For this I am extremely thankful. We did activities we never dreamed of doing which took us to new heights! The Food at Bugabilias was always great and the snack bars were very accomodating and convenient. The rooms were cleaned before we ever returned to them . The only thing I could negatively comment on, is that a few bulbs in the rooms were not working. I want to THANK YOU for a great trip and we hope to return next year with more guests.

Joseph and Irene Langkabel

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ilangkabel
We are happy to hear that the service provided by our staff was up to your expectations and that it helped making your stay at our resort a great experience, our goal is to always provide the best stay possible and we are delighted to know that your perception about our service was positive.
We are looking forward to host you again here at Vallarta Palace.

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

My wife and I were there in the second week of March 2012. We ended up at Vallarta Palace because we figured it would be a great place to hang out for a week because of our experience at the Moon Palace in October in 2004 for our wedding. Sadly Vallarta Palace did not live up to our expectations. The Vallarta Palace is soon to become Hard Rock Puerto Vallarta.

As far as good and bad here are a few points: the one stellar customer service experience we had was with Rosa at the Italian restaurant. My wife was recently diagnosed with diabetes and was hoping for sugar free ice cream, which they did not normally have. Little did we know she actually took the time to talk to the head chef about it and when we saw her the next day we found out he was going to make her up a batch! We really were surprised and this certainly exceeded our expectation!

On the bad side we were disappointed in how loud the rooms set up to be joining rooms were. We could clearly hear our neighbors conversations and their baby crying...in fact on the third night after two hours of shrieking we finally decided to move rooms at 1am! The front desk was largely unapologetic and while I certainly don't hold them responsible for crying babies we went through 3 rooms before we found a quiet one....at 1 am with a mostly empty hotel I think if I were a facility that supposedly has great customer service I would have just gone for a nice upgrade and called it good. This was a chance to really turn it into something great for us and instead we made a lateral move.

Another less than great experience was their recommended ATV tour that we got with a room credit. (everyone gets a credit for staying there right now). The place was really unprofessional: bald tires on most of the atv's that our group was to ride, brake levers that were loose, softball helmets (one actually said Mizuno...last I checked they didn't make Motorsport helmets), and the tour had part of it riding on the streets in town! If you've ever witnessed drivers in Mexico you would understand how bad this could be! We bailed on this tour and went back to the hotel via another taxi ride and mentioned it to the hotel, who was very unapologetic. We were shocked that a vendor like this had anything to do with Palace Resorts and experience really changed what our expectations were from their excursion planning.

The lobby bar service was poor, the Japanese restaurant service was good, as was the Brasilain Steakhouse/Mexican. The Italian restaurant generally had the best service.

We really were sad at how much we expected from a Palace Resort at a regular rate of 300+pp a night and what you got in comparison to Moon Palace. They tried to sell us the Legendary program the first day and the sad part was we were thinking about it the first 48 hours, but over the 5 days they pretty much talked us out of it :(

Iif you go be specific that you don't need a joining room if you don't need one! Sadly the change over to Hard Rock won't change a lot of our complaints and even though we enjoy going to Hard Rock properties we likely won't return to this one. I feel like you can get the same experience at another all inclusive in PVR for less money as is, let alone for when they raise their rates after the Hard Rock conversion. We really wanted to love this place but sadly it wasn't to be.

• Stayed March 2012
6 Thank Rvr300
On behalf of Vallarta Palace, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review expressing your observations. We strive to provide you with the best possible service and when you feel that we did not meet your expectations, it is important for us to know.
We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay and hope to have the opportunity to host you again in Mexico and the Dominican Republic.

Best regards
West Branch, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Vallarta Palace was a beautiful place to visit- it was our first time to the Pacific side of Mexico. Overall the resort was a let down. For the price i feel others could have done better and the resort credits were a rip off.
The staff did a great job except the front desk was difficult to work with. We had booked our vacation through Apple vacations a month and half prior to our trip. We checked in March 1st and the front desk could not find our reservations... it took almost an hour to get a room. The front desk keep talking about a big party they had coming in (and made it sound like the hotel was full- if you talked to other staff they were complaining that the hotel was pretty empty). When we finally got a room and got in it- there were two queen beds- we had requested a king. We tried to use resort credits to bump up our room and were told no rooms would be available for 3 nights- to come back then and they would see if something had opened up (once again- the hotel was NOT full). Three days later we went back to upgrade rooms- we talked with the front desk at noon and said to come back at 3pm- we did- and they said they had a room available, to go pack up our stuff, we sat in our room for almost two hours and finallay called back to the front desk and they were just sending up a bellboy to help move us- the upgrade would not be worth the money if we didnt have credits to use..... another disappointment.
Only 300 credits can be used at the Spa- which was basically a massage for each of us. The romantic dinner was way overpriced ($350)- and the losbster was over cooked.
We ended up leaving with over $500 of unused credits- the tours and specials they offer that you can use the credits on are only on selected nights- we stayed from a Thursday to Tuesday and missed out on them.
The food was good- breakfast and lunch you have plenty of options- dinner was nice not to have to make reservations but the menues were limited. The Italian was very disappointing.
Again the staff (except the front desk) very GREAT!!! But overall.... not worth it.

Room Tip: Good Luck!
5 Thank Jenny F
Thank you for your comments and taking the time to give us feedback, as you know is really important to us all the information that guests can provide as it help to improve our service.
We regret to know about your perception of our service you may rest assured that we take all of our Guests comments with the most importance and based on such, we take the necessary steps to prevent them from reoccurring.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you at any of our Resorts in Mexico and the
Dominican Republic.

Iberostar Playa Mita
Iberostar Playa Mita
#3 of 11 in Punta de Mita
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,543 reviews

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta? Share your experiences!