Marival Residences Luxury Resort
Marival Resort & Suites(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$127
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

US$265
US$221
US$160
  • Pool
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$202
  • Breakfast included
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$370
US$169
  • Beachfront
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$346
US$300
Bookit.com
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$109
  • Pool
Marina Banderas Suites Hotel Boutique(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$69
Orbitz.com
US$762
US$640
2,420 results
All reviewsbeach clubworld spalemmon grasssister propertydemi poolomaggio restaurantresidence guestsinsu sky loungeshort golf cart ridesea lionsvip areabedroom penthouserooftop barbeach accessfull kitchenprivate poolchief concierge
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Just finished week long stay at the residences. We had the smallest of rooms, which was not small at all. Separate bedroom, two full bathrooms, washer/dryer in the unit, full kitchen, huge balcony overlooking pool and ocean. Please note-this is NOT an oceanfront resort, but if you are on the 3rd floor to 6th floor you do have a view of the ocean. You also have access to the beach (exclusive area for Residence guests) at the Marival resort a short shuttle or 15 minute walk away. At the beach there was service right at your lounge chair. Several times we had shrimp cocktail and champange for lunch there. There is an indoor and an outdoor restaurant plus a terrace bar which serves tapas type food in the evening. Overall the food was excellent and there was everything from burgers and wings to seared tuna, sea bass and other quality items. We were on all-inclusive but the resort is also available without. The resort is quiet-no swim up bar, no loud music or pool activities or evening shows. For that you had to go to the other Marival resort which was bigger, older, and more crowded. The resort is being marketed as weekly membership to full ownership. We did not do a sales presentation, but those who we spoke to who did said it was not high pressure as are some sales presentations in Mexico. We had all top shelf liquor as well as room service. Our package included free golf and unlimited tours. We did the dolphin encounter, sunset cruise and a daylong, snorkel-party boat tour. Staff were outstanding and most spoke perfect english. Always felt safe and we left cameras, laptops in our room with no problems. Overall great week and I would have no hesitation in returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room or if possible top floor-they have their own rooftop pool
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed for two weeks in December. The check in was so classy. They take you into Brunello bar, order you a drink, bring cold wet towels to wash your hands and face and then bring you your paper work to register. This was just the first phase of amazing gracious service.
My husband was concerned the golf would be complicated to book or there would be restrictions. There was none of that. The golf and excursions were very easy to book, the concierge were incredibly helpful and knowledgable, so everything was booked without problem.
The sister resort was easily accessible. You can either walk (6min) along the beach, 10 min along the road or the free shuttle whenever you want.
The food at every restaurant was excellent. We ate almost every meal at the resort. The tuna tartar at Lemmon Grass is to die for. We could have eaten it every day, it was that good. The only thing I didn't care for is the guacamole. I mentioned this to the waiter and he humorously agreed. I asked for a fresh avocado, pepper and lime and wanted to make my own. He brought it without question and we had lots of fun comparing. They really go out of their way to accommodate you.
There is a young lady who works in the Omaggio restaurant as a hostess and seats you. She is incredibly elegant and gracious.
The only down side is the beds are too hard, but they are more than happy to bring you a foam mattress to soften it.
The drinks are wonderful, the food is fabulous, there is more than enough staff to accommodate everyone, they rectify any situation that has gone wrong, and I would be privileged to be able to stay
there again.
We really loved this resort and we thank all the terrific staff who made our vacation a pleasure.

• Stayed: December 2011
12  Thank NMacKay
MarivalResorts, Marketing and Social Media at Marival Residences Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

Dear Traveler: Thank you so much for your review on your recent visit to our Resort. Please do visit us again, we will be happy to serve you and provide another wonderful vacation experience!

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Back in June my entire family of 21 people visited Marival Residences for the first time. We LOVED it so when my best friend said she and her family wanted to go somewhere warm during the winter, I knew the perfect place to take them. My family of 4 and her family of 4 stayed at Marival the week before Christmas and it was just as perfect the 2nd time around as it was the first time. My husband and I have never stayed at the same resort twice but now we can't wait to visit Marival for a third time. Our kids, almost 3 and almost 7, feel like it is home away from home. Everyone there treats us like kings and queens! I think the thing we were most frightened of, going back to the resort for a second time was that we would feel like we had already been there, done that. Well, that couldn't have been further from the truth! When we got there, we actaully felt like we were going back to visit old friends. From Ricardo at the pool to Angel at the Sky Bar, who both remembered my family from our June trip, to our new friends Carlos and Wence both at the pool we have never felt so special and welcomed. The boys zip lined for a second time and as my son stated to my husband "This never gets old". We also visited the dolphins and sea lions and everyone had a blast. We swam in the pool at the roof top bar one day and we all drank fancy drinks on the beach another day to watch the beautiful sunsets. If you are looking for an place that is awesome, clean, friendly, comfortable, beautiful, classy, provides delicious food with a lot of variety, and a place that welcoomes kids of all ages with open arms you can't go wrong with Marival Residences. Take it from me who has been there twice now and can't wait to go back again!

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Me and my family stayed at this hotel for our December 2011 end of the year vacations. We found some excellent things, as well as some really bad ones.

The good things:

Service is very good. Almost everyone has a smile on their face all the time, and very eager to please. If they find something wrong with anything, they'll make sure you're satisfied. The location is almost perfect. Very peaceful surroundings, but the only downside is that it has no beach. You have to take a shuttle or walk to the main part of the hotel (Marival Resort & Suites) to get to the beach, but otherwise, location is fabulous.

The quality of the food is excellent, though in the evenings, at the main restaurant, it is very limited, but otherwise, it is great. In the mornings, they have an excellent buffet, and throughout the day, they have a-la-carte meals.

Also, the housekeeping is very good. Every morning and evening, they would ask to clean the room and did a great job.

They also have underground parking, which is great, and free of charge.

The bad things:

Even though you can pay for an all inclusive package, some things are not included, such as tips for every meal/service you get. They send you the "check" with an account balance of zero, but tips are only partially included, so you basically have to tip more every time. Also, room service is included, but they charge a delivery fee (10%).

Secondly, the food options are very limited. They have one main restaurant, and 2 snack bars. One on the pool area, and one sky bar, a the top of the building, which serve the same food. As a part of your all inclusive package, they offer three more choices on the main hotel, but you have to take the same shuttle or walk over there. Also, they assure you that on the restaurants, you don't need to make a reservation, and that you can just show and you will get a table, but upon arriving to one of the restaurants, obviously without a reservation, the host told me that there were 25 people before me and that he would call me when my table was ready, asking me to wait for about two hours.

Next, as many hotels and resorts do, they try to sell you a timeshare. They lure you into a presentation by offering you 200 dollars worth of spa/tours/not included restaurant, which they say will last about one hour and a half, but it ends up lasting about three hours. During that time, you speak with five different people, with each of them trying to offer you a better deal than the last one. If you end up not buying from them, they get mad, show it to you, and basically throw the 200 dollars on the desk as a sign of anger.

Also, they offer Wi-Fi, but this is not included in the package. It has a separate cost. It is quite expensive, ranging from $15 for one day (for only one device), $40 for three days, and $70 for one week. I purchased the one day fee, and after using it for a while, I found out that it is horrible. Reception is really bad, it is very slow, and has many things blocked, for instance, Skype video calls. For the fee that one pays to stay on that luxury hotel, the least they could offer is included Wi-Fi, but they don't.

Overall it was a good experience. I would go back, but I wish some of this setbacks were corrected.

Room Tip: Demand a room above the third floor, otherwise they are terrible.
3  Thank SanCastelazo

Dear Traveler: Thank you so much for your review on your recent visit to our Resort. We take all comments very seriously and yours will be carefully considered by the management. Please do visit us again, we will be happy to serve you and provide another wonderful vacation experience!

Reviewed January 4, 2012

This hotel is simply amazing. The food is top notch and is comparable with the best restaurants in the United States and Canada. The pool was quiet which was very nice and the waiters were very attentive. The New Years' Eve party was amazing. The setup the hotel put on was beautiful and the food was some of the best I have ever had. The VIP Beach Club was where we spent most of our time. The ocean was very fun and the waiter named Paco was awesome. He was so friendly and did his job very well. We had two one bedroom suites which very the perfect size. D Stock Gourmet which was in the Residences Plaza served beautiful food - especially the sandwiches. I was definitely stay at this hotel again. I felt safe where ever I went at the hotel and the surrounding area. In terms of location this hotel far exceeds the Four Seasons and St. Regis Punta Mita. I am really looking forward to my next trip to this amazing resort!