2,645 results
All reviews beach club world spa lemmon grass sister property demi pool omaggio restaurant insu sky lounge vip area bedroom penthouse sea lions rooftop bar private pool beach access full kitchen washer and dryer chief concierge sq ft
Reviewed August 19, 2016

we have been to many all inclusive but that was the best apartments are huge and have all the amenities you dream of, we thought that having washer and dryer is not necessary but were surprised that we used them everyday,also having 2 bathrooms was great!.can not appreciate enough the quality of the food, the staff, the cleanliness everything was great.will definitely go back...

Room tip: ocean view
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
DaphneFernandez0, General Manager at Marival Residences Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2016

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review in this important site, we are very happy to read about your outstanding experience at Marival Residences Luxury Resort.
Your comments are the foundation for our improvement and our motivation to continue growing. So your opinion is our priority and our impulse. Our staff and Chef Alfredo will be delighted to read about your vacations.
We appreciate your preference and we will be thrilled to receive you again in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2016

My family has been fortunate enough to have been able to vacation in a lot of different places. Unfortunately I have to say this has been our least favorite. I felt everything was one step behind or slightly off. I found myself being frustrated a lot during the week we stayed (7 nights 8 days).
For example our room was beautiful but we had a problem with the maids. They either came at 5:00 pm (so we didn't have clean towels when leaving the pool) or they came at 8:00 am when my family was still sleeping. The restaurants at this location were OK at best. We couldn't get information on what the restaurant was even serving until it was dinner time (they change cuisines every night). The sky bar was our favorite and that only had appetizers. Even with that, that was still our favorite!!
The staff also seemed one step behind. I asked the concierges if the wine bar served any food and I was told no. Then I found out they did. We asked about the restaurants at their sister property. We were given menus and told everything was great. We found out from another guest they were told NOT to eat at their sister property because it below standard. So we did eat there and it really wasn't good. Our resort definitely was cleaner with a higher standard of food. We ate at the other resort twice. The menu in one restaurant said "Sea bass." I was given another fish (I import frozen seafood so I know my fishes) and was told it was in fact sea bass. The next night my son ordered Sole. He was given the same fish I was. I questioned them and was told it was sole. Neither were what they said and neither were very good anyway. So either the staff doesn't know or they lied. Either way,we were disappointed.
My husband booked an excursion (one we paid for). The next day when the cab driver came and asked for information on where to drop us off at we told him to go ask the concierges because that's where we booked it at. He came back and told us the concierges didn't have any information and didn't know.
The thing that absolutely turned us off was the tipping situation. We have been on 12 other all inclusive trips prior to this trip. We have NEVER been given a bill
(the bill was credited and was at $0). We were given a bill after everything we ate so we could tip. They even had the recommended tip amounts on there since everything was in pesos. My husband and I have always, on our, tipped who we felt deserved it. Here we felt forced to.
We paid a lot of money to vacation here. As the week went on, a few Travel Clubs checked in. I applaud them for booking the same thing I did for a lot less money. But I felt that this resort was struggling to get Americans to vacation here. It is Mexico, so am not sure if I have the right to be surprised that so many Mexicans also vacationed at this resort. But my family likes resorts that actually cater to Americans. We like our condiments to be American. We like to be offered a larger American selection of food. This hotel is a great vacation spot for natives and is trying to be more appealing to Americans but they are just not there yet.
My family hated the fact it didn't have a beach and hated waiting for a shuttle to go to the other resort to go to a beach. If you didn't get to the "beach club" early in the morning then you didn't get a spot. We are a family so we could never all get a spot so we never got to the beach.
This was the first time EVER in my life that by the second day, I actually was sorry we picked this place. That never happened to me before. I had to tell our kids to "just make the best of it and be grateful we were even on a vacation." I usually don't want the week to end but here I was excited it was over!
Perhaps in a few years this place will be incredible. I wish them all the best but we will never be back!

3  Thank Betsy B
MarivalResorts, Director General at Marival Residences Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2016

Dear Betsy B,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments about your stay at our resort. It is unfortunate that we were not able to meet your expectations, thank you very much for your visit.

Daphne Fernandez

Reviewed August 17, 2016

Loved the resort. The staff could not have been more helpful and pleasant. We stayed in a beautiful two bedroom unit with a huge balcony overlooking the resort. Very new, very clean and all the immunities like a full kitchen, full sized stocked refrigerator, updated plasma TVs, etc. the onsite restaurants were fantastic in every respect. Never had a bad meal.

One note, you have to take a shuttle to get to the beach as its next to the other property. We never waited more than 5 minutes for the shuttle so it's not a big deal. Once at the beach they have loungers, towels, water sports, and full service food and beverage.

We stayed as all inclusive so the only money we spent was on tips. Would do it any other way.

This hotel is not close to downtown if that is what you want but they do have many excursions that will take you downtown as well as other places.

1  Thank roaddog949

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review in this important site, we are very happy to read about your experience at Marival Residences Luxury Resort.
Our staff will be thrilled to read about you wonderful experience. Your comments are the foundation for our improvement and our motivation to continue growing.
We appreciate your preference and we will be honored to receive you again in the future.

Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

My wife, 2 kids (ages 12 & 8) and our friends and their 2 kids vacationed at Marival residences July 22 -30. My family has been lucky enough to visit our home away from home for 5 straight vacations.

Have to give a big THANK YOU again to Hector at Omaggio, Carlos at the pool, Patricia at the pool, Ernesto (has been our favorite for 5 years) and Omar at the beach club and Fernando at lemongrass.

Also a huge thank you to the staff at the kids club and everybody else that made our son's 8th birthday very memorable!

As in prior years the food and drink were excellent as every night was a debate on whether to eat at lemongrass or Omaggio. We usually did "happy hour" and apps at insu...beautiful views!

We are glad to hear that the mattresses maybe getting replaced.

Thank you again Carlos (head concierge) and all the staff from our family for AGAIN providing us a vacation we will never forget!!!

Curtis
Kansas City

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kcroyalhawkeye
DaphneFernandez0, General Manager at Marival Residences Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2016

Dear guest,
Our staff will be thrilled to read about you wonderful experience, every single one of them. Your comments are the foundation for our improvement and our motivation to continue growing.
We are also very grateful to read about you loyalty to us, we sincerely appreciate it. We will be honored to receive you again and again at your home away from home.

Reviewed August 15, 2016

Just came back from our stay of 7 days/6 nights. Didn't book a transfer but was pretty easy to get a taxi van from the booth by the airport exit for 600 pesos. Be careful of the timeshare sharks trying to get you to talk to them. They were pretty aggressive in trying to talk to me even with my constant "no gracias."

Check-in was a bit lengthy. I think it would've been more helpful if they had just gave us a page of the restaurant and spa hours. Instead the guy went on and on of all the hours which I couldn't have possibly remembered after a long journey. He did also try to get me to do the timeshare presentation. And after politely declined several times, he still said he'll follow up on me in a few days.

We had the 2 bedroom demi-pool which was pretty awesome at first. Then the next couple days we would have other people lounging right outside of our patio. Looking back I would save a few bucks by getting a suite with an ocean view.

Foodwise, our favorite was Insu. But it does get old after a week since the menu doesn't change. Omaggio was not bad, but not great either. Presentation was always excellent, but flavors were hit/miss. We actually prefered the kids buffet in Omaggio over the regular menu on a few nights. I wasn't too fond of the Al fresco dining. Food quality wasn't bad. I just don't like fending off mosquitos and birds while I'm eating. Also, the service was so bad one night that we just got up and left w/out getting our dessert.

Beach shuttle was also hit/miss. Sometimes there's no wait at all, and one time it was a 30 minute wait. Several people at the shuttle stop went to the office at the resort to complain, but still a 30 minute wait. VIP beach food service was excellent though. Menu was limited but they can still get you whatever you wanted. Surprisingly, service here is better than the poolside service at the Residence.

Overall we had a great time at the Residence. The few negatives don't offset all the positives. We had a late afternoon flight on our last day, and they were able let us use the facilities until 2pm.

Special thanks to the great service from Gerardo (VIP beach) and Edith (Omaggio).

Room tip: ask for late checkout or keep your bracelet until 2pm
1  Thank Ivyanddavid

Dear guest,
We appreciate your preference and we will be honored to receive you again.